Canadian Pricing Negotiating

dchew

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic WOP, 2009 Acura MDX Black
You Canadians with front tints either live in very relaxes cities, or have lots of money for tickets, or big balls.

Here in Vancouver cops will cut out some front tint with a knife and ask you to report back a week later with all tints removed.
Yeah, I didn't realize that the windows already had 70% tint on there before we went over it with 35/20....
Sponsored

Civic Toronto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sonata, Civic
Country flag
24813 base price for a touring
With wheel locks included
All taxes and fees in ontario at 13 %
Full tank gas
Touch up stick
30000 on the road

Honda Civic 10th gen Canadian Pricing Negotiating 20160411_221313

Last edited:

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Any tips on getting $1500 off? It seems to be the going rate for the Touring model. It's ironic how I offer a ton of 'advice' here telling people to offer a few hundred above unhaggle and stuff. Went in with that strategy a couple days ago, month end. Got shot down right away.

Offered $25,643 which is 1% above Unhaggle dealer cost of $25,390. In Alberta (Calgary)
$1,595 Freight/PDI
$100 A/C
$20 Tire tax
$6.25 AMVIC
x1.05 GST = $28,733 OTD but no joy at my dealer.

They kept pushing how block heater/ wheel locks cost them despite the dealer putting them on every car (so clearly the dealer has decided to write them off and factor it as an overhead cost). I even told them to take them off if they wanted. My sales guy even told me he wasn't being paid unless I put $900 on top of $25,643 which is BS. That would be a 4.5% markup and if he's still not being paid, then it's not an issue of me not paying enough, but the accountants screwing with you. I even showed them Civic Toronto's offer sheet of $24,813. Don't know what the sales manager made out of that but they said no, couldn't do it and I left it at that so far.

Civic Toronto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sonata, Civic
Country flag
Would suggest you try to deal with their Internet department or leasing manager they offer way better deals than a regular sales person.

Assolute

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Honda Civic DX Sedan
Country flag
24813 base price for a touring
With wheel locks included
All taxes and fees in ontario at 13 %
Full tank gas
Touch up stick
30000 on the road

20160411_221313.jpg
Which dealership was this at? Was going to get mine in Calgary but after some complications I'm not quite happy how it turned out so I may just buy in Toronto when I'm home on vacation over the summer.

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Which dealership was this at? Was going to get mine in Calgary but after some complications I'm not quite happy how it turned out so I may just buy in Toronto when I'm home on vacation over the summer.
Which dealer have you looked at so far? I've been to Airdrie and T&T and no joy. I'm honestly just tired and don't want to go to the others... Why buy in ON? Even though $24,813 is a killer deal, you're gonna get hosed on HST. You can totally walk away with a Touring for $29,500 OTD in Alberta, but I don't pay 13% HST which is why I'm shooting for lower on principle alone.

I have talked with the internet department. Problem is, they still insist on having you come over in person to talk it out. Like I'm talking over the internet to you for a reason, so I don't have to come out! LOL

Assolute

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Honda Civic DX Sedan
Country flag
Which dealer have you looked at so far? I've been to Airdrie and T&T and no joy. I'm honestly just tired and don't want to go to the others... Why buy in ON? Even though $24,813 is a killer deal, you're gonna get hosed on HST. You can totally walk away with a Touring for $29,500 OTD in Alberta, but I don't pay 13% HST which is why I'm shooting for lower on principle alone.

I have talked with the internet department. Problem is, they still insist on having you come over in person to talk it out. Like I'm talking over the internet to you for a reason, so I don't have to come out! LOL
I'm eventually going to have to bring it over to Ontario and after talking with Ontario MTO... the 8% PST portion will have to be paid whenever I bring it over. The only pro is that it'll be based off the value of the car once I bring it (which would be in about a year from now).

I was dealing mostly with T&T and the lowest I was able to get them was to $29,300 OTD but they wouldn't discount it much further, hence the looking in Ontario where I'm from.. If I can get it for around $30k OTD with HST I think in the long run that'd save me money

skinz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Civic LX & 2012 Odyssey EX-L
What do you think of this offer in Ontario...

Touring
$27943.90 before HST
$31575 OTD. $944 reduction from MRSP
Haven't been able to get any throw ins or discounts on accessories.

Offering $2500-$3000 for my 07 Civic with 165K KM on it.

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
What do you think of this offer in Ontario...

Touring
$27943.90 before HST
$31575 OTD. $944 reduction from MRSP
Haven't been able to get any throw ins or discounts on accessories.

Offering $2500-$3000 for my 07 Civic with 165K KM on it.
The trade in can make things ambiguous considering how they can inflate the price of your trade in and then not give you a great deal on the car, or screw you on trade in, and make it seem like you got a low price on the car. Or a combination of both. However, just based on your numbers so far, I would say fair but nothing groundbreaking.

skinz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The trade in can make things ambiguous considering how they can inflate the price of your trade in and then not give you a great deal on the car, or screw you on trade in, and make it seem like you got a low price on the car. Or a combination of both. However, just based on your numbers so far, I would say fair but nothing groundbreaking.
Yes that is what I thought too...not ground breaking. Would like to see it get down to $31K.

Price of trade in not reflected in price

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Wow... I'm actually flustered.

Went back to the dealer just to take a last stab at it today. Straight up to General Sales Manager too. Told me $29,998 OTD for a Touring model was his rock bottom(in AB like wtf)(included was splash guards, block heater, wheel locks and oil changes for 10 yrs/250k kms). He's sold 10 Civics this month, 4 of them Tourings. His next white/blk interior lands mid May and obviously he's gonna have no problem selling that. He offered 3% above his dealer net cost which was $27,516 (which included freight/pdi. AMVIC,Tire/AC and GST on top).

I know different markets but I've shown him comparisons of people getting Tourings in ON for 30k OTD and a user here had $28,966 OTD in Edmonton. Wouldn't budge. I was going to offer him $29,200 without the PDI items but my wife was not gonna have the car without splash guards. Stumped guys.

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Just signed for a WOP Touring. Built Apr 27th waiting at Alliston, delivery between May 15-21. Got it for $28,733 OTD with 5% GST, but stripped down so no rear splash guards, block heater or wheel locks.

skinz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bought a Blue Touring on the weekend. $31350. Nothing thrown in for free :(

Had an offer for $31k With a block heater, but it was 6 hour drive

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score