• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Canadian dealer asked what colour Type R I want

ccdd000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E250
i was # 3 when put deposit down since Feb. After Honda dropped allocation i'm in 4th. Someone magically in front of line that sales put on different list per say. I think that's someone trade their car in or something to get pump up the #. According to dealer i'm still in line just need to wait extra year. Dammit.
Sponsored

惹Raizzelle

First Name
Raizzelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Honda Civic FL5 Type R
Another BC FL5 in the wild. Bros in the BC keep safe!

11th Gen Honda Civic Canadian dealer asked what colour Type R I want 7352CDCF-DF8B-4CD9-AF02-D4BF67C0F005

Stick_shifter96

First Name
Shaurya
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a FL5
@Bergman
I like the GR86. To start out with I was actually shopping hard for a 2008-2010 Cayman S. I wanted to spend between 25-35k only because it was literally just going to be a side bitch for me. Then the prices of Caymans started getting out of hand! 30k cars were being relisted every few weeks in five grand jumps! One car I followed just kept re posting the same pictures with a higher price. It went from 34k to 58k in like 6-8 months! At that point I was like if I’m spending that kind of money I’d rather just buy new and get a warranty.
The Cayman S from that era is amazing, and is a dream car for me too. The MR engine placement just gives an exquisite and unmatched driving/handling experience. At that price point, I would also consider an S2000, or even a BMW 125/135i, manual transmission ofc.

POPNTEC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW FL5 CTR
The Cayman S from that era is amazing, and is a dream car for me too. The MR engine placement just gives an exquisite and unmatched driving/handling experience. At that price point, I would also consider an S2000, or even a BMW 125/135i, manual transmission ofc.
Fact is the Cayman is a better car than the 911 strictly from a driving point of view. It’s the better setup hands down. Porsche spends a lot of money engineering out the downfalls of a rear mounted engine. They have always dumbed down the Cayman as to not cannibalize the 911.

The GT4 RS is going to go down as one of the best Porsches ever imo. They finally built the car they always should have before they go EV.

notthatlargo

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
Well ladies and gents, car #44 has made its way home and I feel very lucky. I have only driven it for an hour or so, so I will post more thoughts later on. Initial comments, in no particular order:
  • The shifter is as good as you think it will be, if not better. Miles better than my 2019 Accord. This is reason enough to get the car, as silly as that sounds;
  • Ride is about the same as the Accord when in comfort mode, but even in sport and +R its firm but not crashy, it feels so solid that impacts do no reverberate or lead to secondary vibrations. Road noise is perhaps a little more pronounced, but not by much, and some of that may be sedan vs. hatchback;
  • Ergonomics are spot on, seats are amazing if a little tight in thigh area - for reference I am 6 ft 4in, 240ish. I could stand to lose a few COVID lbs though, lol;
  • It has so much presence in person, so wide and low. I honestly can't critique a single thing, though I know looks are subjective.
I will report back more later. Thanks to Sterling Honda in Hamilton for the great service. I paid MSRP and was not forced to pay for any ad-ons, those folks are great to deal with.

11th Gen Honda Civic Canadian dealer asked what colour Type R I want IMG_3987

11th Gen Honda Civic Canadian dealer asked what colour Type R I want IMG_3989

Shichi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Integra
Well ladies and gents, car #44 has made its way home and I feel very lucky. I have only driven it for an hour or so, so I will post more thoughts later on. Initial comments, in no particular order:
  • The shifter is as good as you think it will be, if not better. Miles better than my 2019 Accord. This is reason enough to get the car, as silly as that sounds;
  • Ride is about the same as the Accord when in comfort mode, but even in sport and +R its firm but not crashy, it feels so solid that impacts do no reverberate or lead to secondary vibrations. Road noise is perhaps a little more pronounced, but not by much, and some of that may be sedan vs. hatchback;
  • Ergonomics are spot on, seats are amazing if a little tight in thigh area - for reference I am 6 ft 4in, 240ish. I could stand to lose a few COVID lbs though, lol;
  • It has so much presence in person, so wide and low. I honestly can't critique a single thing, though I know looks are subjective.
I will report back more later. Thanks to Sterling Honda in Hamilton for the great service. I paid MSRP and was not forced to pay for any ad-ons, those folks are great to deal with.

IMG_3987.jpeg

IMG_3989.jpeg
congrats!

sam3r_11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R

IMG_3987.jpeg

IMG_3989.jpeg
congrats!!!

Bergman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GR86

IMG_3987.jpeg

IMG_3989.jpeg
I'm convinced white is definitely the best colour of this car! Congrats

Bergman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GR86
Sent my weekly email to pester my dealer about seeing the 2023 Champ White car they have incoming, it hasn't showed up yet, but he told me this regarding mine (I say mine as he now sounds pretty affirmative that it is)

" Regarding your 2024 order it won’t be here until some time in 2024, as soon as Honda fills the order we will let you know. "

I hope he is incorrect on the arrival and just giving me the worst case scenario. I guess 2024 wouldn't be the end of the world, but who really knows right now

POPNTEC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW FL5 CTR

IMG_3987.jpeg

IMG_3989.jpeg
That’s a pretty sweet sub 100# plate. What the last few numbers of your vin number though if you don’t mind me asking. My plate is # 631 but my VIN# is 0035! Another poster who pm‘Ed me has the VIN# of 0030. That’s crazy to have a car off the line this early!

POPNTEC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW FL5 CTR
Sent my weekly email to pester my dealer about seeing the 2023 Champ White car they have incoming, it hasn't showed up yet, but he told me this regarding mine (I say mine as he now sounds pretty affirmative that it is)

" Regarding your 2024 order it won’t be here until some time in 2024, as soon as Honda fills the order we will let you know. "

I hope he is incorrect on the arrival and just giving me the worst case scenario. I guess 2024 wouldn't be the end of the world, but who really knows right now
It’s literally 2024 in 4 weeks so not the end of the world I guess!
Sponsored