Canadian Battery Replacement?

123sillyboy123

Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 CTR, 2018 Honda HB sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Let me take a picture and show you later today, there is a auto parts shop right next to where i work and i just told the guy to get me group 35 battery...
Installed no problem, with tie down and secure.. i even have a ultra racing strut bar installed on top of the battery too.

Let me shoot a pic and share later

OP

250GTCalifornia

Reaction score
Car(s)
Civic
Country flag
OP

250GTCalifornia

Reaction score
Car(s)
Civic
Country flag
Let me take a picture and show you later today, there is a auto parts shop right next to where i work and i just told the guy to get me group 35 battery...
Installed no problem, with tie down and secure.. i even have a ultra racing strut bar installed on top of the battery too.

Let me shoot a pic and share later
What is the manufacturer and model of your group 35 battery? Can you take pictures of it close up? How many CCAs?

123sillyboy123

Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 CTR, 2018 Honda HB sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Where did you get that battery? I looked on their website, but it doesn't seem to let me order it online.
metro auto parts
Address: 4560 Hwy 7, Unionville, ON L3R 1M5
Phone: (905) 947-8884

Ask for Colin, let him know the Taekwondo school next door referred you, he will take care of you.
I dont know about costco battery, but the one I got from them fit for sure..

Giltibo

First Name
Gil
Reaction score
Car(s)
'08 Accord Coupe 5MT. '18 Civic Sport Touring 6MT (Both Red!)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hello,

Does anyone know the correct size(or a specific brand/model) for the Canadian civic 2016+?

I tried the Costco Kirkland group 35 and the motomaster eliminator 35 and both of them are too high in comparison with the OEM battery, they doesn’t fit in the hook that holds the battery. Also the 51R listed on the websites is too small for the tray.

I went to a Canadian tire and the staff guys and me, we tried to compare side a side with the models there and we didn’t find anything similar that will fit in the hook/tray.

I’m trying to don’t buy it in the dealership, they asked me $ 389,00 Cad for the new battery.

Thanks!
Toronto Honda Parts (at Toronto Honda Dealership) quotes 165.80 for the OEM battery... from there to 389, there's a big difference.
http://torontohondaparts.com/PartsL...r=2018&doors=5door&cat=electrical&illid=20061

Plus if the Group 35 battery does not fit with the OEM tie-down bolts, if the battery physically fits and the cables clear, longer tie-down bolts are available for only a few bucks at your local NAPA or CanTire store (I had the same problem with my '08 Accord when I exchanged the 51R for a 35 Battery.

17CivicLXHB

First Name
Sheldon
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Honda Civic LX Hatchback - 1.5T - 6MT
Country flag
Looking for a battery for my 2017 Civic and almost ordered a 51R. Glad I read this thread.... I decided to call my local dealer and I was told it’s a group 47 (aka H5) battery for these. I’m finding the 47’s are 7.5 inches tall whereas the 35’s are 8.9? I was looking at the Energizer Max AGM from Costco.ca and the 35s have higher CCA... The battery cables work with this taller battery? As well as the J bolts to hold it down?