Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Sedan - Aegean Blue Metallic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
EDIT: For quick reference, here's my complete list of changes: [updated Dec. 18, 2020]

Engine:
  • Hondata +9
  • Mishimoto Intake
  • Mishimoto Intercooler Kit w/Piping
  • Mishimoto Catch Can
  • 27Won Engine Mount
  • 27won Catted Downpipe
  • AWE Front Pipe
  • AWE Touring Catback w/ Triple Black Tips
Transmission:
  • Acuity Short Shifter
  • Acuity Cable Bushings
  • Acuity Pedal Spacer Bracket
  • Acuity Shift Boot Collar
  • Mishimoto Carbon Fiber Shift Knob
  • ACT Street Clutch Kit with PRL SS Line, KZ CMC, and CDV Delete
Chassis + Suspension:
  • SPC Rear Camber Kit
  • Ultra Racing Strut Bar
  • Ultra Racing Trunk Brace
  • Ultra Racing Front Power Brace
  • Ultra Racing Mid 3-point Brace
  • Whiteline Lowering Springs (0.8" drop Front and Rear)
  • Whiteline 26mm Rear Sway Bar (softer setting)
  • Whiteline 27mm Front Sway Bar (softer setting)
  • Whiteline Anti-Lift Kit
  • Whiteline Front Sway Bar Links
  • Whiteline Rear Adjustable Toe Arms
Wheels and Tires:
  • BBS RG406
  • Continental ExtremeContact Sport 245/35ZR18
  • Muteki Steel Lug Nuts
Brakes:
  • Front - Brembo 4-Piston Calipers from Hyundai Genesis Coupe, mated to Nissan Rogue with 3rd row seat Rotors (320x26mm). Stoptech Sport (pn: 309.10010) Pads, Mercedes Benz AMG DOT4 Fluid, and Goodridge SS Lines (pn: 20040)
  • Rear - OE Rotors + Pads, Rear SS Lines
Exterior:
  • CeramicPro Ceramic Coating (Silver 5-year Package)
  • 15% Tint all around
  • Vinyl-wrapped Chrome Window Trim
  • Bayson R Lip
  • HIC USA Rear Window Visor
Interior:
  • Recaro SR-11 Seats + Planted Mounts (Driver's side installed)
  • Tuxmats All-weather mats Front + Rear
  • Custom Flat-Bottom All-Leather Steering Wheel
  • Trunk Sound Deadening
Lighting:

---------------

Hey Folks,

I've been on here for about a year and some, always exploring the forum and spending most of my time on this section for obvious reasons :D Love the community on here, discussions are plentiful and knowledgeable while also being respectful! I might see some familiar faces from my Instagram, AegeanBlueSi as well!

Little back story: I have no previous experience with Honda performance models, always thought they were little rice rockets (save 3rd gen TL Type S and NSX). Up until the last moment, I was about to pull the trigger on the Hyundai Elantra Sport but as luck would have it the spec I wanted not being available in Ontario gave me a chance to wander into a Honda dealer near my office, test drive the Si, and sign on spot. What impressed me was the abundance of tech, well laid out interior, roomy feeling, front seat design and comfort, and last but not least the performance and balance of the car! Looks are subjective, as there are still some angles which I am not too fond of on the Si.

My first and previous car before this was a 2004 Volvo S60 R. Timeless design, built like a tank, and the 2.5L 5cyl turbo engine makes one of the sweetest sounds in the automotive kingdom! Sold the car to attend university, miss it everyday. A very special and rare beast, but I always found myself worrying about little nicks and knacks which held me from truly driving the car. It was mildly modified, crank numbers of 330hp and 320tq would be a fair estimate.

Honda Civic 10th gen Canadiaegean Blue's Si Sedan Build Thread Damn 1_zpslp9w40pl (2).JPG

The Si was well within the budget, and with Honda reliability giving me extra assurance I felt that a worry-free new car would be the route to choose over taking on another "project". Time to find out if that would be true...July 6, 2017: Delivery Day!

Honda Civic 10th gen Canadiaegean Blue's Si Sedan Build Thread 20170705_195053 (1)

Got into tune with the Si very quickly, I was enjoying the feeling of a nimble and newer car. Weighs 800lbs less than the Volvo so that should come as no surprise. Gas mileage is also a plus as I was averaging low 20mpg's in the R, and mid-high 30mpg's in the Si. However, the Honda still didn't fulfill the smiles per gallon category as it's not too quirky, drama is kept minimum, and well it was stock. Let's change that...

October 2017: Got rid of the fishbowl look with 15% Ceramic tint front and rear. The chrome window trim was also wrapped in 3M Gloss Black.

Honda Civic 10th gen Canadiaegean Blue's Si Sedan Build Thread 20171022_172559 (1)

November 2017: met a vendor at SEMA that manufactures steering wheels. Coincidentally they had a 10th Gen steering wheel at their booth which immediately drew my attention, and I let them know that I wanted it by the end of the show! This is a full replacement steering wheel with a flat-bottom, re-using all the factory steering wheel controls and airbag. The Hydro-carbon print although not real CF, is as close as one can replicate it to be; amazing detail down to the weave. I've had it on for over 9 months, and it has held up fantastic!

Honda Civic 10th gen Canadiaegean Blue's Si Sedan Build Thread 20171113_215736

Honda Civic 10th gen Canadiaegean Blue's Si Sedan Build Thread 20171113_215756

Honda Civic 10th gen Canadiaegean Blue's Si Sedan Build Thread HandKraftd Motorworks - Carbon Wheel 3

Mishimoto CF Shift Knob also added to complete the look!

Honda Civic 10th gen Canadiaegean Blue's Si Sedan Build Thread Mishimoto shift knob 3

A few other mods installed that night - Mishimoto Catch Can:

Honda Civic 10th gen Canadiaegean Blue's Si Sedan Build Thread rsz_mishimoto_15t_catch_can

Acuity Instruments Throttle Pedal Spacer and Cable Bushings (not pictured). I'm using position B for all 3 settings, it's made for easier rev-match, and learning heel-toe much easier!

Honda Civic 10th gen Canadiaegean Blue's Si Sedan Build Thread 20171113_230238

Hondata FlashPro! By far the most noticeable upgrade, the car went from having some power to OK THIS IS QUICK! I've been running the +9 basemap for about 6k miles now, and before that a short stint of +6 for about 1,500 miles. My clutch does not engage any differently, but I can tell it is the limit for what I can push on the stock clutch. I am awaiting a replacement option to be available from Exedy most likely.

Honda Civic 10th gen Canadiaegean Blue's Si Sedan Build Thread 20171114_212634

... Couple miserably cold winter months pass without any modifications...

March 2018: Always disliked the orange side markers, and on my trip to Asia I picked up the Honda OEM clear side markers.

Honda Civic 10th gen Canadiaegean Blue's Si Sedan Build Thread 20180323_171649

LED bulbs to match the LED Headlights (standard on Canadian Si)

Honda Civic 10th gen Canadiaegean Blue's Si Sedan Build Thread 20180323_210114

Interior LED Bulbs at the same time

Honda Civic 10th gen Canadiaegean Blue's Si Sedan Build Thread 20180323_205734

Honda Civic 10th gen Canadiaegean Blue's Si Sedan Build Thread 20180323_205758

April 2018: Replaced the factory anchors with Konig Ampliform 18x8.5 ET35 - Gloss Brinze Wheels! These weigh 19.5lbs, and immediately the car feels a lot more nimbler. The profile is also perfect I feel for the car so I'm quite happy about the purchase!

Honda Civic 10th gen Canadiaegean Blue's Si Sedan Build Thread 20180408_215937

Honda Civic 10th gen Canadiaegean Blue's Si Sedan Build Thread 20180408_121205 (1)

The car is not lowered in the above pictures but it seems so as I was carrying my winter steelies + tires which added 200lbs of weight. I was able to source H&R Springs through my friend who performs the installs on my Si. The H&R Sport Springs lower the front by 1.25", and 1" at the rear. Note: H&R won't specify that these will fit the Si, but they do and do not throw a code. The reason I went with H&R over other confirmed tested offerings is that H&R's progressive spring rate retains OE levels of ride quality.

Honda Civic 10th gen Canadiaegean Blue's Si Sedan Build Thread 20180511_153209

Honda Civic 10th gen Canadiaegean Blue's Si Sedan Build Thread 20180511_153356

May 2018: Replaced the factory intake with Mishimoto's Intake. It's hard for me to quantify actual performance gains as I didn't do a before and after dyno, but immediately I am happy that I get to hear the intake breathing as I accelerate even mildy, and the blow-off like sound is a bonus too.

Honda Civic 10th gen Canadiaegean Blue's Si Sedan Build Thread 20180519_223808

Honda Civic 10th gen Canadiaegean Blue's Si Sedan Build Thread 20180519_231703

When I got the Si I knew I wanted for it to see some track time, improving my own driving skills and having fun at the same time :) Enter Enkei RPF1 w/Firestone Indy 500's 245/40R17. 17x8 ET45, weighing 15.6lbs each! Gold was not my first choice, but got a ridiculous deal on these so I decided to go with them.

Honda Civic 10th gen Canadiaegean Blue's Si Sedan Build Thread 20180524_200914

Honda Civic 10th gen Canadiaegean Blue's Si Sedan Build Thread 20180524_200954 (1)

Honda Civic 10th gen Canadiaegean Blue's Si Sedan Build Thread 20180524_200934

June 2018: Registered for my first AutoX day, and it turns out I am not the only 10th Gen Si owner who likes RPF1's... there was three of us! The Indy 500's performed great, they compliment the Si's already nimble and well-tuned chassis.

Honda Civic 10th gen Canadiaegean Blue's Si Sedan Build Thread 20180610_172051

Honda Civic 10th gen Canadiaegean Blue's Si Sedan Build Thread FB_IMG_1528816049226

Honda Civic 10th gen Canadiaegean Blue's Si Sedan Build Thread FB_IMG_1528816055498

After lowering the car rear alignment could not be adjusted with the factory camber arms. Rear Driver's side had -2.4 degree, and Rear Passenger side had -1.7 degree. Post-install the rears are both -1.8 degrees, and removed the guide pin on the front struts for -1.0 camber. Steering is more lively, only downside is that I have to make frequent adjustments on the highway to keep the car centered in the lane.

Honda Civic 10th gen Canadiaegean Blue's Si Sedan Build Thread 20180720_194147

Honda Civic 10th gen Canadiaegean Blue's Si Sedan Build Thread 20180720_194144

Honda Civic 10th gen Canadiaegean Blue's Si Sedan Build Thread 20180720_200815

July 2018: The lack of exhaust sound has always bothered me about the Si. I purchased a used stock exhaust from another owner, re-used only the factory resonator, making the rest a round piping 2.5" system. Past the rear suspension, the exhaust had been painted flat black for a stealthy look. The tips are Vibrant 1333 (2.5" inlet, 3.5" outlet, 7.5" wide, 10" long). I'm not a fan of how there is space left on either side of the tips, but there is little I can do till a full replacement diffuser piece becomes available.

Honda Civic 10th gen Canadiaegean Blue's Si Sedan Build Thread 20180730_153934

Honda Civic 10th gen Canadiaegean Blue's Si Sedan Build Thread 20180730_154739

Honda Civic 10th gen Canadiaegean Blue's Si Sedan Build Thread 20180731_095053

Honda Civic 10th gen Canadiaegean Blue's Si Sedan Build Thread 20180731_130912

--

August 2018: So, let this be a pretty comprehensive start to my journal for my 2017 Honda Civic Si sedan. I will be continually updating as I do more to the car in the coming years.

Feel free to comment, and ask any questions. Thanks! :)

Last edited:

skshrews

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura 2005 TSX, Honda Civic Hatchback LX 6MT 2017
Country flag
<Applause><Applause>
Most excellent
Any infotainment plans?

OP
OP
CanadiaegeanBlue

CanadiaegeanBlue

First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
<Applause><Applause>
Most excellent
Any infotainment plans?
Thank You!

Aside from the Honda Hack which I've asked a friend to help out with, not really anything in mind. My Android Auto has been acting up lately, not sure if a firmware upgrade is needed or what. The factory sound system doesn't win any awards, but it's plenty for my needs :)

Let's see what the 2019/2020 refresh brings. If the Civic gets the upgraded head featured in the Accord, I will have to pinch myself slightly!

OP
OP
CanadiaegeanBlue

CanadiaegeanBlue

First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Fitment is just right! Love it!!!! Aegean blue is someone special right?!
Thanks! Aegean Blue is just the color, likely named after the Aegean Sea

OP
OP
CanadiaegeanBlue

CanadiaegeanBlue

First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Updates!

Decided to get my car CeramicPro coating in late August. Opted for the Silver package which provides five years of protection. Extremely happy with the results, and seeing the car go through all sorts of weather this with only light dust is amazing! The Aegean Blue has taken on a new gloss that wasn't present when the car was factory fresh. Overall, extremely happy and will recommend to anyone considering it - my cost was $900 CAD.

Honda Civic 10th gen Canadiaegean Blue's Si Sedan Build Thread 20180826_194622

Honda Civic 10th gen Canadiaegean Blue's Si Sedan Build Thread 20180826_194545

Honda Civic 10th gen Canadiaegean Blue's Si Sedan Build Thread 20180827_193023

OP
OP
CanadiaegeanBlue

CanadiaegeanBlue

First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yesterday I started on the Sound Insulation project :)

I love the exhaust, but there is a hum on the highway from my setup that I'm looking to reduce. I could have just added another small muffler resonator but I am waiting for diffuser options to become available before I decide on Version 2 of my exhaust set up in the future. Additionally, sound insulation has proved to be a great way to improve the sound system quality as stated by others on this forum who have added insulation under the speakers on the rear deck lid panel.

Had about 3 hours to work on it yesterday, most of which was spent removing the trim pieces carefully with a trim removal tool kit. The insulation material is by a company called Noico, and I decided to try it after reading good reviews. Videos online also suggest to use a roller which helps eliminate air bubbles by sticking to surfaces evenly. All 3 items were purchased from Amazon, rest I have already. Total Cost so far = $110 CAD

Honda Civic 10th gen Canadiaegean Blue's Si Sedan Build Thread IMG_20180923_160847

Easter Egg! Canadian Si's get a donut spare :D

Honda Civic 10th gen Canadiaegean Blue's Si Sedan Build Thread IMG_20180923_162508

My trunk space was quite clean already but I took the time to wipe it down once to remove dirt. Dirt of course would prevent the material to stick properly.

Honda Civic 10th gen Canadiaegean Blue's Si Sedan Build Thread IMG_20180923_171947

Honda Civic 10th gen Canadiaegean Blue's Si Sedan Build Thread IMG_20180923_161610

It is recommended that you leave the material out in the sun for a little while to let the material mold easier. Not much sun to be had so I opted to use an old hair dryer laying around that did the trick!

Honda Civic 10th gen Canadiaegean Blue's Si Sedan Build Thread IMG_20180923_174257

Here is where I'm at currently as I had to stop the project late evening due to other commitments. Since all of the trim pieces are still removed, and I haven't completed the floor it is hard for me to report back on the difference at this point. I will have more updates hopefully later this week!

Honda Civic 10th gen Canadiaegean Blue's Si Sedan Build Thread IMG_20180924_151311

OP
OP
CanadiaegeanBlue

CanadiaegeanBlue

First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Update on the sound deadening project! Finished the trunk floor entirely, have noticed a drop in decibel during cruising speeds on the highway. Very happy with the results so far, and that's consider I still haven't placed any of the trim back in yet.

I am thinking of doing the sides as well. Anyone who has previous experience with sound deadening, would you say the sides are worth deadening as well?

Honda Civic 10th gen Canadiaegean Blue's Si Sedan Build Thread IMG_20180929_191945

X_Gen_Si

First Name
Axel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic Si
Country flag
Thank you for a very well break down of your BEAUTIFUL car. I really appreciate the time you took for all of that you posted.

Cant wait for when I start to add upgrades on my SI.

Once again THANK YOU....

"Edit" Hey did your car come with a spare tire?

X_Gen_Si

First Name
Axel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic Si
Country flag
Updates!

Decided to get my car CeramicPro coating in late August. Opted for the Silver package which provides five years of protection. Extremely happy with the results, and seeing the car go through all sorts of weather this with only light dust is amazing! The Aegean Blue has taken on a new gloss that wasn't present when the car was factory fresh. Overall, extremely happy and will recommend to anyone considering it - my cost was $900 CAD.

20180826_194622.jpg

20180826_194545.jpg

20180827_193023.jpg
I also got my car ceramic coated and they did a poor job when I first saw the car I was like why does it look hazy? And not glossy? He then tells me oh when you do ceramic coating it kills the gloss a little bit I was like WTF! NO WAY IN HELL IM GONNA PAY FOR THIS JOB! and was trying to charge me $1,500 and I fought tooth and nail with them and they didnt charge me for a poor sh!t job that they had done on my brand new car. So now I have no idea on what to do.
Went to another place and right away they was like who did your car blah blah and was like they did a terrible job.
ANY IDEAS ON WHAT I SHOULD DO?

OP
OP
CanadiaegeanBlue

CanadiaegeanBlue

First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thank you for a very well break down of your BEAUTIFUL car. I really appreciate the time you took for all of that you posted.

Cant wait for when I start to add upgrades on my SI.

Once again THANK YOU....

"Edit" Hey did your car come with a spare tire?
Thanks man, appreciate the feedback!

Yes, in Canada the Spare is standard equipment. We don't however get TPMS on our Si's so that kind of balances the cost out.

Other differences if I may add for the sake of everyone reading are: standard LED headlights, Garmin-based navigation built into the head unit, wireless charging, and rear heated seats. Don't know why Honda choose to do this, even with the exchange rate making the cars nearly identical in USD or CAD, but hey I'm not complaining!

OP
OP
CanadiaegeanBlue

CanadiaegeanBlue

First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I also got my car ceramic coated and they did a poor job when I first saw the car I was like why does it look hazy? And not glossy? He then tells me oh when you do ceramic coating it kills the gloss a little bit I was like WTF! NO WAY IN HELL IM GONNA PAY FOR THIS JOB! and was trying to charge me $1,500 and I fought tooth and nail with them and they didnt charge me for a poor sh!t job that they had done on my brand new car. So now I have no idea on what to do.
Went to another place and right away they was like who did your car blah blah and was like they did a terrible job.
ANY IDEAS ON WHAT I SHOULD DO?
100% terrible job, CP as you can see from my photos amplies the gloss like nothing else. I would take your car to a certified CeramicPro installer. There are other ceramic coating companies, but from what I have seen CeramicPro really goes the extra mile to ensure their dealers are properly trained on their product. The reputable brand you choose going forward after doing a bit of research will have to remove the coating, do paint correction, then reapply. $1,500 USD is expensive. My cost was $900 CAD for a 5-year package, excluding paint correction cost.

Hope that helps :)

X_Gen_Si

First Name
Axel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic Si
Country flag
100% terrible job, CP as you can see from my photos amplies the gloss like nothing else. I would take your car to a certified CeramicPro installer. There are other ceramic coating companies, but from what I have seen CeramicPro really goes the extra mile to ensure their dealers are properly trained on their product. The reputable brand you choose going forward after doing a bit of research will have to remove the coating, do paint correction, then reapply. $1,500 USD is expensive. My cost was $900 CAD for a 5-year package, excluding paint correction cost.

Hope that helps :)
Now it's hard for me to trust any shop to do the correct job.
...Oh also I forgot to mention the shit Job they did on my Rims too.

And instead of doing the ceramic coat after that experience I went through. I want to do the expel wrap but the guy said its gonna cost $ cause they have take off the ceramic coating I have on now!

OP
OP
CanadiaegeanBlue

CanadiaegeanBlue

First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link