Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Sedan - Aegean Blue Metallic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Did you ever get the clutch installed? If so which one and impressions? I also have ACT and retro on my shortlist. Just got my kzCMC for future prep.
No, but in that time I've also picked up the Comp Stage 2 - which when it can be done will be one I'll go with. The Retrofit I got a good offer on from a friend so it'll go in his Si Coupe, and the ACT I'll work with a local to test it alongside me testing the Comp kit.

you have plans to sell the 22 rear sway bar?
Already sold, sorry!

I live in northern NY just south of Kingston. These mats would be perfect for my ride as well I’ll def be looking into it. Shame the borders aren’t open. I need my car rust proofed and ceramic coated and the local guy doesn’t have good reviews.
100% recommend Tuxmats, they've served me well for nearly 3 years :)
Sponsored

OP
OP
CanadiaegeanBlue

CanadiaegeanBlue

First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Swapped in the Matte version of the HydroCarbon wheel :) I have to take my Tungsten ring off in fear of scratching the surface, otherwise really loving it!

Honda Civic 10th gen Canadiaegean Blue's Si Sedan Build Thread 20200920_192149.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Canadiaegean Blue's Si Sedan Build Thread 20200920_185751.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Canadiaegean Blue's Si Sedan Build Thread 20200920_191954.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Canadiaegean Blue's Si Sedan Build Thread 20200920_191551.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Canadiaegean Blue's Si Sedan Build Thread 20200920_191700.JPG

KYRGYZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Civic LX, 18 Model X 100D
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Beautiful car ! I went through all 16 pages lol
Few questions:
1. Those Nissan and Genesis brake parts are complete plug and play? does rotor's hub bore size matter since Nissan has larger one?
2. Brake upgrade only compatible with Si or can be used on other trims as well?
3. Where did you get that blue rear view mirror?
4. Where did you get your first steering wheel upgrade (leather one)?

OP
OP
CanadiaegeanBlue

CanadiaegeanBlue

First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The new steering wheel looks great!
Thanks!

Wheel is looking goooooood. Excited to see how you like the Spoon colors, was eyeing those as well.
They've been sitting boxed up for a while along with most of the front suspension upgrades. Getting the clutch done has been a long drawn out process unfortunately.

Beautiful car ! I went through all 16 pages lol
Few questions:
1. Those Nissan and Genesis brake parts are complete plug and play? does rotor's hub bore size matter since Nissan has larger one?
2. Brake upgrade only compatible with Si or can be used on other trims as well?
3. Where did you get that blue rear view mirror?
4. Where did you get your first steering wheel upgrade (leather one)?
Thank You, that's quite a read!

1. The Genesis BBK is completely plug and play, minus having to trim some of the heat shield. I've taken a serious look at StopTech and 27won kits, since wheel fitment won't be a pain with those kits + they're even better for track use.
2. Other trims as well can use the Genesis BBK
3 and 4. unity-performance.com

Hub bore is quite important. If not hubcentric putting all the stress on the lugs.
I've got hub rings to mate up the rotors with the BBS wheels. No sign of stress on the legs so far. Hoping to keep the BBS, will likely switch to a dedicated BBK

OP
OP
CanadiaegeanBlue

CanadiaegeanBlue

First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I've put on about 500 miles since the revision, and can definitely say I'm happy returning to Springs again, and Whiteline was a great choice for my use! The K-Tuned Coilovers were just too aggressive for street use, and I didn't have the time to make little adjustments to get them dialed in. They are a good option for an Si that is tracked heavily, and summer driven only.

Whiteline's 22mm to 26mm RSB is just as noticeable an upgrade as it is going from the stock 18mm to the 22mm bar. Wouldn't recommend going from 18mm to 26mm RSB, swapping ends becomes a lot easier. Just missing all the other front suspension mods which I've been dying to put in so I can get a feel for this before it's too cold and tracks close.

Honda Civic 10th gen Canadiaegean Blue's Si Sedan Build Thread rsz__dsc8635

V3N0M_VZL4

First Name
Mauricio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic SI
Country flag
i installed yesterday the 22 MM whiteline rear sway bar toi my car i can fell the diference in curves, that mod plus the eibach pro kit is a must for these cars, im very happy with the results also i upgrade the end links for the accord ones "casted aluminun instead of plastic OEM

86salmon

It's Hedley, Hedley Lamarr!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si sedan, 2001 Nissan Frontier
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Have you installed the Whiteline lower ball joints yet? Did you ever try the SPC? I'm looking to get some for added negative camber to see if it will help with rub. At the very least it'll help some with understeer :D

V3N0M_VZL4

First Name
Mauricio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic SI
Country flag
Have you installed the Whiteline lower ball joints yet? Did you ever try the SPC? I'm looking to get some for added negative camber to see if it will help with rub. At the very least it'll help some with understeer :D
I have no rub with my current setup up, I ended replacing the whiteline for the FK8 RSB, during the next days of my instalation I start hearing some metallic noises, apparently the RSB came bend in the right side with the torsion break the endlink "the aluminum one" I bought another one with a used Fk8 RSB and now everything is smooth and fine ?

86salmon

It's Hedley, Hedley Lamarr!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si sedan, 2001 Nissan Frontier
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have no rub with my current setup up, I ended replacing the whiteline for the FK8 RSB, during the next days of my instalation I start hearing some metallic noises, apparently the RSB came bend in the right side with the torsion break the endlink "the aluminum one" I bought another one with a used Fk8 RSB and now everything is smooth and fine ?
No rub in rear. Drop gave -1.9' camber in rear. Up front I'm at -0.9' and I'd like to go to -1.5'

V3N0M_VZL4

First Name
Mauricio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic SI
Country flag
No rub in rear. Drop gave -1.9' camber in rear. Up front I'm at -0.9' and I'd like to go to -1.5'
In my opinion and the camber kit is needed if you want to add some camber, but with the pro kit you don't have to do it. I prefer run in the rear almost with no camber at all, for the benefit of my tires but is something personal.

OP
OP
CanadiaegeanBlue

CanadiaegeanBlue

First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Been a little busy with the shop setup, and posting via the @Unity Performance account lately, but I gave the Whiteline Ball Joints to @Thusee to install and test on his car. Full pictures and impressions will be posted on his build thread, and yes he's got his set up at -1.5 front :)

Unfortunately we missed installing the SPC ones on my car, and I haven't gotten back to do it yet. Vincent @ 27won and others have had them on for some time, here's a read from Vincent. https://www.27won.com/projectcars/blog/spc-lower-front-ball-joints-quest-for-camber-pt2

OP
OP
CanadiaegeanBlue

CanadiaegeanBlue

First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Wowza, been a minute! I've been spending a lot more time on my vendor account, @Unity Performance lately for obvious reasons. The Si's been in storage since late November, but here are some updates :)

Late October the folks at Whiteline sent @Thusee and I two different items to test:

Lower Ball Joints, adding additional negative camber to the front in order to improve steering response, and have better clearance at the top of the tire for wider wheel & tire setups. @Thusee is running this as he's got a wider setup than me, and this helped eliminate some of the rub he was experiencing at the front. You can read more on his thread here, and find the product on my site here :)

I will be installing this on Blue sometime in February or March when I'm getting the car ready for Spring.

Honda Civic 10th gen Canadiaegean Blue's Si Sedan Build Thread 20201027_180615 (1)

Whiteline's 85a duro Poly RMM! Having experimented with various bushings and full RMM's, I have a good idea for what I can expect and what I'm willing to live with. Before I put the car away for storage I had about 2,500kms on the new Whiteline RMM, and it's perfectly useable as a street & track upgrade without making daily drivability suffer. NVH is only present at idle with AC ON, and when setting off in 1st

Honda Civic 10th gen Canadiaegean Blue's Si Sedan Build Thread DSC_1009.JPG
Honda Civic 10th gen Canadiaegean Blue's Si Sedan Build Thread DSC_1025.JPG
Honda Civic 10th gen Canadiaegean Blue's Si Sedan Build Thread DSC_1031.JPG

OP
OP
CanadiaegeanBlue

CanadiaegeanBlue

First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The big update was the ACT Street Clutch Kit, which includes a 17lbs Single Mass Flywheel and Organic Full-Face Clutch Disc. I had this laying around since summer, finally got it installed by Andrew at Apex Motoring, my friend who has turned all the wrenches on the car and understands this platform like the back of his hand. We paired the clutch kit with Eman's CMC, PRL Stainless Steel Line, and performed a CDV Delete.

I was relieved to feel the clutch pedal feeling only a tad heavier than OEM, complete elimination of any rev hang, no lockouts ever, and it grabs strong. There is light chatter right as you release the clutch in 1st when setting off, not surprised given how light the single mass flywheel is and not an issue for me. This is the only clutch kit that holds a candle to the CTR Retrofit Clutch Kit. Have driven about 3,500kms on this kit prior to storage.

After I had done a few road trips, and two track days I felt confident in bringing this kit to my site as the one to carry. Not going to offer something I don't test and believe in, especially a part this important so if you'd like to grab it from me, @Unity Performance, here it is:

https://unity-performance.com/products/act-hd-street-clutch-kit-civic-1-5t

Honda Civic 10th gen Canadiaegean Blue's Si Sedan Build Thread DSC_0887.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Canadiaegean Blue's Si Sedan Build Thread DSC_0954.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Canadiaegean Blue's Si Sedan Build Thread DSC_0962.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Canadiaegean Blue's Si Sedan Build Thread DSC_0967.JPG