Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Sedan - Aegean Blue Metallic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Picked up a pair of Recaro SR-11 from another Mitsubishi Evo 10 owner! These are a cloth - suede material, BUT get this...Heated, and with Side Airbags! Now, don't just rush to find yourself a pair just yet because I have yet to install them, and there is a possibility one or both of those features may not work. I'm speaking with my buddy who does all the work on my car and thankfully he's done plenty aftermarket seats as well. The Civic has 2.2 OHM resistors, the Evo is 3.3 OHM - he may be able to bridge them, so let's see. What's more involving is that he has to take apart the Si seat to remove the weight sensor, and take apart the Recaro and install it in there.

The passenger side seems to be more complicated, and I can live without the seat airbag but under no circumstance give up the front airbag, risking passenger safety. Will have more details, follow along :)

IMG_20200208_142202.jpg

IMG_20200208_142344.jpg
Planted Seat Mounts ordered via @MAPerformance

The price is pretty consistent irrespective of where you purchase these from but I see MAP doing good things for the community, and since I have Recaros from an EvoX, and these guys are very well known in the Evo world so it was pretty easy asking questions over the phone. Tony was of great help, and knew exactly what I was trying to do :)

PN's:
PLT SB290DR - Driver
PLT SB290PA - Passenger

upload_2020-3-4_14-31-16.png
Driver's side Recaro Evo X seat is in! Not easy getting to this point of just bolting them into the car, some fabrication was required. Still have to swap all the wires from the Si seat over to the Recaro. More on custom work later.

They feel great, and hug me maybe too well in the thigh area whereas Si seats just wouldn't keep me secure as a 32 waist guy. First short outing went well minus the dash being all lit up since the wires aren't plugged in. Will tackle that, and hopefully after a few rides my thighs will be nice and broken in because I'm definitely feeling some soreness after my first half hour blast around the area, which if it doesn't go away I may only keep the Driver's side to spare my passengers. They do hug great in the twisties!!

IMG_20200603_225345.jpg

IMG_20200604_002602.jpg
This is going to be a long post, but summarizing what's up to date with the Recaro seats. Driver's side is in, I've been driving around for about a week, and loving how much of an upgrade these are over Si seats for me! They've got more lumbar than the Si seats, the bolsters are higher and more solid vs. low foam bolster Si seats, and I haven't lost the ability to slide back and forth, and recline. I feel very snug, and am not sliding around like I used to in the Si seat. As a factory seat, the Si buckets are good but if you've been following the build the car is far from factory now so the seats became inadequate. I don't think I'll ever go for fixed buckets, those are overkill for any daily Civic.

Another thing I love is that the base of the seats is lower so glutes are more sunk-in, and the lats are slightly raised - I much prefer this position, it's more secure and I feel it helped with my pedal position in relative to my feet. Hard to explain, but essentially the Si seats are flat making them easier to get out of, but not as secure.

Here's the fine print. Having Mitsubishi brackets on all 4 corners of the rail that were riveted and spot-welded meant that the seats wouldn't just sit on the Planted Seat Mounts for the 10th Gen Civic. As you can see in the pictures, my buddy had to remove each one carefully without compromising the rail. This part was beyond my skill level, comfort, and not having the right tools so I trusted him as an experienced builder. We also had to remove the silver brace where the wires are mounted, the seat wouldn't sit flat on the Planted mount otherwise. Once on the Planted Mount, the holes on the rail didn't mount perfectly, they were off by 2mm so had to ream out the mount slightly. Once it sat, used high strength steel bolts, and locking nuts to ensure the seat isn't going anywhere. The Planted mount also comes with it's own seat belt buckle bracket which was just barely hitting the buckle bracket on the Recaro rails, so the option was to shave the Planted mount a little to get full range of sliding movement forwards and backwards, or let it be and slightly reduce how far back I can move the seat - I chose the latter because I can still move back far enough to get in and out of the car comfortably. I'm 5'9", by habit I move the seat back every time I get out of the car, and move it back up every time I get in.

We've yet to wire the seat heating, and the airbag SRS light is still on. Once I get some more time I'll visit my buddy again to finish this up, and work on the passenger seat as well.

Verdict to this point: it's a great affordable option for a set of quality seats that, BUT there's a lot of work involved. If you just want better seats without any hassle find a pair of Type R seats. Second option would be universal fit Bride, Recaro, Sparco seats with planted mounts and the appropriate rails. This is the third option simply due to difficulty of install, but rewarding if you can do it right.

Honda Civic 10th gen Canadiaegean Blue's Si Sedan Build Thread IMG_20200529_205805

Honda Civic 10th gen Canadiaegean Blue's Si Sedan Build Thread IMG_20200529_213000

Honda Civic 10th gen Canadiaegean Blue's Si Sedan Build Thread IMG_20200529_213155

Honda Civic 10th gen Canadiaegean Blue's Si Sedan Build Thread IMG_20200529_213601
Honda Civic 10th gen Canadiaegean Blue's Si Sedan Build Thread IMG_20200529_213712

Honda Civic 10th gen Canadiaegean Blue's Si Sedan Build Thread IMG_20200529_214244

Honda Civic 10th gen Canadiaegean Blue's Si Sedan Build Thread IMG_20200607_132243
Honda Civic 10th gen Canadiaegean Blue's Si Sedan Build Thread IMG_20200607_132409
Honda Civic 10th gen Canadiaegean Blue's Si Sedan Build Thread IMG_20200607_132519
Honda Civic 10th gen Canadiaegean Blue's Si Sedan Build Thread IMG_20200603_222954

pinhead66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan, 2018 Odyssey EX-L
Country flag
Nice work and looks great. What's the reason for these over CTR seats? The heated elements? Just to be different factor? I remember riding in my friends Evo X GSR a few times like a decade ago and really loved the seats.

OP
OP
CanadiaegeanBlue

CanadiaegeanBlue

First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Nice work and looks great. What's the reason for these over CTR seats? The heated elements? Just to be different factor? I remember riding in my friends Evo X GSR a few times like a decade ago and really loved the seats.
Thanks man. I didn't want red seats, didn't want a Type R logo, and if heating does work in the end then all the better!

These also have stiffer bolsters compared to Type R seats so that is a bonus :)

OP
OP
CanadiaegeanBlue

CanadiaegeanBlue

First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Doesn't hurt to throw in a maintenance reminder update post every once in a while :)

Will say I should've done it sooner - this was at 30k miles.

PN: 80292-TBA-A11

Honda Civic 10th gen Canadiaegean Blue's Si Sedan Build Thread IMG_20200611_163257
Honda Civic 10th gen Canadiaegean Blue's Si Sedan Build Thread IMG_20200607_141250

Drake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Doesn't hurt to throw in a maintenance reminder update post every once in a while :)

Will say I should've done it sooner - this was at 30k miles.

PN: 80292-TBA-A11
I'm surprised you didn't go with the K&N aftermarket filter, I hear you gain up to 5hp of air to your lungs so you can breathe more efficiently

OP
OP
CanadiaegeanBlue

CanadiaegeanBlue

First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm surprised you didn't go with the K&N aftermarket filter, I hear you gain up to 5hp of air to your lungs so you can breathe more efficiently
dropped the ball hard on this one I did ?‍♂

OP
OP
CanadiaegeanBlue

CanadiaegeanBlue

First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Exhaust clips with a proper microphone finally!

OP
OP
CanadiaegeanBlue

CanadiaegeanBlue

First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
3 years with the Si :)

Honda Civic 10th gen Canadiaegean Blue's Si Sedan Build Thread IMG_20200706_195400

OP
OP
CanadiaegeanBlue

CanadiaegeanBlue

First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Big thanks to @Thusee for swapping cars so he could get my new AC condenser replaced under warranty as I didn't have the time do get to it for the last 2 months!

While he was in there he installed the Ultra Racing Front Lower Brace, which requires some trimming of the plastic under-tray. Currently at 53.6K Kms, it was definitely time to replace the rear brakes: OE Si rotors + Acura RDX (2019) rear pads. Impromptu matching red on the rear calipers as well to match the front Brembo setup

Honda Civic 10th gen Canadiaegean Blue's Si Sedan Build Thread IMG-20200721-WA0039

Honda Civic 10th gen Canadiaegean Blue's Si Sedan Build Thread IMG-20200721-WA0037

Honda Civic 10th gen Canadiaegean Blue's Si Sedan Build Thread IMG-20200721-WA0038

Honda Civic 10th gen Canadiaegean Blue's Si Sedan Build Thread IMG-20200722-WA0050

Honda Civic 10th gen Canadiaegean Blue's Si Sedan Build Thread IMG_20200722_175204

OP
OP
CanadiaegeanBlue

CanadiaegeanBlue

First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Long overdue install but changed a coupe of things :

- K-Tuned Coilovers switched back to factory dampers with Whiteline Springs. Fronts haven't fully settled yet in the picture, otherwise it's an even 0.8" drop front and rear. Loving the ride, the K-tuned were a bit jarring, and I was getting tired of the code on the dash.

- Upgraded to the 26mm Whiteline 26mm Rear Sway Bar kit; had the 22mm one on for nearly a year. Can definitely feel the added willingness of the car to change direction, and rear stays planted. There is light creaking that is to be expected going over slow bumps, I believe its the sharp ends of the sway bar that rub on the inside of the perch where the end links bolt into.

- Had the K-tuned Camber kit previously, swapped out to SPC kit after 2 years of running the K-tuned version. Nothing wrong, just testing parts :)

- Swapped out the factory toe arms for Whiteline's rear control arm / toe arm. Will not be adjusting Toe as much, but I like all the adjustability I can get.

- 2020 Front Vents. Quick swap over from the 2017-19 ones, and you can remove the radar panel to have an opening on the driver's side to feed an intake, or fab up an oil cooler kit such as the FK8 kit by HKS

Honda Civic 10th gen Canadiaegean Blue's Si Sedan Build Thread 20200911_000853.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Canadiaegean Blue's Si Sedan Build Thread 20200911_000643 (1).JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Canadiaegean Blue's Si Sedan Build Thread 20200911_191227.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Canadiaegean Blue's Si Sedan Build Thread 20200911_191506.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Canadiaegean Blue's Si Sedan Build Thread 1600054653586

pinhead66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan, 2018 Odyssey EX-L
Country flag
Did you ever get the clutch installed? If so which one and impressions? I also have ACT and retro on my shortlist. Just got my kzCMC for future prep.

Thusee

First Name
Thusee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

- K-Tuned Coilovers switched back to factory dampers with Whiteline Springs. Fronts haven't fully settled yet in the picture, otherwise it's an even 0.8" drop front and rear. Loving the ride, the K-tuned were a bit jarring, and I was getting tired of the code on the dash.

- Upgraded to the 26mm Whiteline 26mm Rear Sway Bar kit; had the 22mm one on for nearly a year. Can definitely feel the added willingness of the car to change direction, and rear stays planted. There is light creaking that is to be expected going over slow bumps, I believe its the sharp ends of the sway bar that rub on the inside of the perch where the end links bolt into.

- Had the K-tuned Camber kit previously, swapped out to SPC kit after 2 years of running the K-tuned version. Nothing wrong, just testing parts :)

- Swapped out the factory toe arms for Whiteline's rear control arm / toe arm. Will not be adjusting Toe as much, but I like all the adjustability I can get.

- 2020 Front Vents. Quick swap over from the 2017-19 ones, and you can remove the radar panel to have an opening on the driver's side to feed an intake, or fab up an oil cooler kit such as the FK8 kit by HKS

20200911_000853.JPG

20200911_000643 (1).JPG

20200911_191227.JPG

20200911_191506.JPG

1600054653586.png
Can't wait to take it for a test drive and see how much it changed. Really didn't like the ktuned coils haha!

Thusee

First Name
Thusee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Did you ever get the clutch installed? If so which one and impressions? I also have ACT and retro on my shortlist. Just got my kzCMC for future prep.
Not yet however I have the retro on mine. Absolutely no regrets. Also did the slave upgrade, cdv delete and SS line.

Feels amazing.

V3N0M_VZL4

First Name
Mauricio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic SI
Country flag

20200911_000853.JPG

20200911_000643 (1).JPG

20200911_191227.JPG

20200911_191506.JPG

1600054653586.png
you have plans to sell the 22 rear sway bar?

D4nnyM

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The factory all-season mats aren't good for any season so I ended up getting Tuxmats for the Front and Rear ~ $225 CAD. It's a local Canadian company that laser scans all the car models and designs them here, but gets them manufactured in China for cost reasons. I got these first week of December, but held off my review to adequately test them. So far so good! They seem high quality, I haven't noticed my feet slipping, the mats moving around, or in any affecting my pedal input - Tuxmat does warn about using them on a manual transmission but I haven't had any issues. There was also a pack of clips that were included but I didn't use them. I did use the velcro pads that secure them tighter on the Driver's side.

I love how the mats cover every surface where grime and salt can collect. I will be cleaning them this weekend, and upon talking to my friend who CeramicPro'd my car, I can also get the coating applied on the mats for even easier wipe down. The same friend has an account with Tuxmat so I could refer local GTA folks to get 10% off through him :)

IMG_20181201_141921.jpg

IMG_20181201_141817.jpg

IMG_20181201_133038.jpg

IMG_20181201_133003.jpg

IMG_20181201_141833.jpg

IMG_20181202_155751.jpg
I live in northern NY just south of Kingston. These mats would be perfect for my ride as well I’ll def be looking into it. Shame the borders aren’t open. I need my car rust proofed and ceramic coated and the local guy doesn’t have good reviews.