Canada Touring Prices

bobbyboogie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring - MSM
Country flag
Ehh. Those numbers are a little confusing to me. If you don't mind, screenshot your bill of sale when you complete the paperwork?

I know frieght and PDI is a rounded number from the manufacture applied to all cars they sell. For Hondas, it's $1595, Acuras it's $2000. I say rounded because for some cars like an ILX from Greensburg Indiana, they'll charge you $2k, if you buy an RLX that has to be shipped from Japan,they still only charge you 2k. So in costs Acura less than $2000 to Freight/PDI the ILX but those 'savings' are put towards the RLX (which clearly costs more to ship because distance/weight, by boat).
Here it is. I take delivery on it this Thursday. The only additional thing I purchased was a $349 plus GST tire/wheel protection plan (Alberta potholes :/). I declined on every single protection plan, even the $400 security etching (scam). So with that off the price, it works out to $28,600 OTD. So I am pleased with the price I paid.

Honda Civic 10th gen Canada Touring Prices ima
Sponsored

Jasonedm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic touring 2016
I just dealt with Alberta Honda today. I offered to pay $28,600 (GST included) for the touring. No trade in. Only items thrown in were a block heater, wheel locks, and splash guards.
That only works out to $269.84 profit plus having to add in the throw ins. I think they made an error. I just left a deposit to hold the deal because there wasn't enough time to do the paperwork.
Did you get the Propack?

bobbyboogie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring - MSM
Country flag
Did you get the Propack?
The only things that were included in the price were wheel locks, floor mats, block heater and splash guards. The only after sale purchase I made was wheel coverage. Potholes in Edmonton are brutal.

Did you purchase your Civic yet?

Last edited:

Assolute

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Honda Civic DX Sedan
Country flag
Here it is. I take delivery on it this Thursday. The only additional thing I purchased was a $349 plus GST tire/wheel protection plan (Alberta potholes :/). I declined on every single protection plan, even the $400 security etching (scam). So with that off the price, it works out to $28,600 OTD. So I am pleased with the price I paid.

image.jpeg
I've been negotiating with your help from your bill of sale and currently the best I've gotten is:

$25,390 MSRP
$1,595 Freight/PDI
$500 Dealer profit – 2% above MSRP
$188 Block heater
$111 Rear splash guards
$83 Wheel locks
$100 AC levy
$20 Tire tax
$6.25 AMVIC levy
$1,399.66 GST
$29,392.91 Total

I'm going to push to get the block heater price removed (or block heater removed completely) since I'm driving the car down to Phoenix, AZ and I definitely wouldn't need it. Additionally, I was able to get Tint and mats added on. Should I keep pushing for a bit lower? I was looking for $29,000 OTD and I don't know if it's worth it to push for that extra $400 down.

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
I've been negotiating with your help from your bill of sale and currently the best I've gotten is:

$25,390 MSRP
$1,595 Freight/PDI
$188 Block heater
$111 Rear splash guards
$83 Wheel locks
$100 AC levy
$20 Tire tax
$6.25 AMVIC levy
$1,399.66 GST
$29,392.91 Total

I'm going to push to get the block heater price removed (or block heater removed completely) since I'm driving the car down to Phoenix, AZ and I definitely wouldn't need it. Additionally, I was able to get Tint and mats added on. Should I keep pushing for a bit lower? I was looking for $29,000 OTD and I don't know if it's worth it to push for that extra $400 down.
Why are they charging you wheel locks, block heater and splash guards? That stuff is part of the PDI anyway... $25,390 is the new invoice for Touring in Canada due to the price increase this month. I would definitely push for $29k dead. In fact lower. People have gotten their Touring for $25,000 sale price in Canada.

Assolute

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Honda Civic DX Sedan
Country flag
Why are they charging you wheel locks, block heater and splash guards? That stuff is part of the PDI anyway... $25,390 is the new invoice for Touring in Canada due to the price increase this month. I would definitely push for $29k dead. In fact lower. People have gotten their Touring for $25,000 sale price in Canada.
25k? Where? I need to go there -_- haha, will definitely be pushing for the sub 29 then.

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
25k? Where? I need to go there -_- haha, will definitely be pushing for the sub 29 then.
http://www.civicx.com/threads/ontario-canada-2016-civic-touring-pricing-help.2803/page-2

The picture that's been uploaded is upside down, but if you download it and read carefully the selling price is $24,812.73 for a Touring. Granted this guy paid HST and therefore $30,000. It's also based off the old MSRP of $26,990 so adjusting for the $165 price increase this month to $27,155, a $25,000 selling price is technically 'doable' in this case. However, it's still below invoice and the user stated that he just negotiated, no special connections, referrals or anything.

inv4zn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Country flag
Wheel locks, block heaters, and splash guards are not part of PDI - they are considered dealer added accessories. Now, realistically, dealers will throw them in even if you don't ask them to, but they may as well play tricks with numbers.

Edit**: REAR splash guards are not part of PDI.

bobbyboogie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring - MSM
Country flag

$25,390 MSRP
$1,595 Freight/PDI
$188 Block heater
$111 Rear splash guards
$83 Wheel locks
$100 AC levy
$20 Tire tax
$6.25 AMVIC levy
$1,399.66 GST
$29,392.91 Total

I wouldn't pay for the wheel locks, splash guards and block heater. Tell them you didn't want them so you shouldn't have to pay for them. Chances are they will give them to you. I think $29k all in is fair. Not a cent more. I realize you are getting tint with that but really, it cost $50 per rear side window and maybe about $80 to do the back window. The dealer is not going to tint the front windows because it's not allowed by law in Alberta.

Rikee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MDX 2012 - Civic 2016 Touring
Country flag
Just got my Touring this week. Process was fairly easily. Sent a few quote requests to the dealers in the region and showed up to the 2 dealers close to my house. 1 of them matched the lowest price. Total without taxes, 27 255$. No trade in, accessories or extended warranty (They even took off the wheels locks...) Total price including Qc taxes was 31 300$. 2/3 of it was financed at 1.99% for 36 months. So far so good. The subwoofer was packed with foam yesterday which seems to have fixed the rattle issue and had to put Jigaloo in the windows tracks, one of them was almost not going up.

Honda Civic 10th gen Canada Touring Prices 2016-05-14 08.53.48

Last edited:

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Just got my Touring this week. Process was fairly easily. Sent a few quote requests to the dealers in the region and showed up to the 2 dealers close to my house. 1 of them matched the lowest price. Total without taxes, 27 255$. No trade in, accessories or extended warranty (They even took off the wheels locks...) Total price including Qc taxes was 31 300$. 2/3 of it was financed at 1.99% for 36 months. So far so good. The subwoofer was packed with foam yesterday which seems to have fixed the rattle issue and had to put Jigaloo in the windows tracks, one of them was almost not going up.

2016-05-14 08.53.48.jpg
You have the $750 checkered flag rebate applied right?

bobbyboogie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring - MSM
Country flag
Man! The Civic Touring jumped up in price big time! MSRP was $26,900 when I purchased. Now it's $28,876! Yikes!!

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Man! The Civic Touring jumped up in price big time! MSRP was $26,900 when I purchased. Now it's $28,876! Yikes!!
no, MSRP is $27,155 which is the same price from the April price change. $1595 Freight PDI, $126.25 in AC/Tire/AMVIC levies gives you $28,876 in AB.