Canada Sold Out? Minus Black too

Over9000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 Type R
Country flag
I'm in the UK and I placed an order for a black one in Dec. Told it would be ready for March as all blacks were gone. They took my card details for a deposit but nothing came out of my account (even to this day). Called a few times and said nothing was wrong on their end. But as the date gets closer. I'm almost thinking I won't get it.
I checked with the dealer and he's told me my CBP is being manufactured 14th March. Dealer said he will get it 48hrs after as I'm in the UK
Good luck with everyone else who's put a deposit down. But hopefully this is some reassurance for those who placed an order esp. those abroad. Hopefully they should be able to fulfill those recent orders
Sponsored

Last edited:

lexro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic LX 2006, Civic Sedan Sport 2019, Type R 2021
Country flag
Both stock, I would take 2020 no question. I drove a 2017, and have a 2020. The changes are quite considerable if anything.

Are you talking about the black R on auto trader with 7510km?
Yes! the one in Longeuil! Think it was a demo car?

Type R for me is gonna be a daily car, commuting between home and work. So I expect beating after sometime anyway, as much as I will take care of it. Hence the 2018 with extended warranty is really attractive for me AND budget wise it would allow me to get a nice set of 18" wheels and mugen's steering wheel right away

But 2020 looks fresh as hell and being in a 2019 sedan for 2 years now... I'm used to the new infotainment unit too haha.

jdm_mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 FK8 CTR & More
Country flag
There's an R that was a demo?? I don't even think that is allowed lol

Tabaresu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 PMM Civic Type R
Country flag
I know a dealer in Saskatchewan that also had one that was sold as a ā€œdemoā€ back in 2019. The GM had been driving it around, when I was looking then my local dealer told me about it because they couldnā€™t locate one for me then. I passed obviously for one I donā€™t trust how the vehicle was driven in the first few 1000 kms and second they were still asking practically Msrp.

HawaiiPunch

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Civic Sedan; 2021 Type R on order
Country flag
Depends on your priority on that dealership's order list, and when the order was made.

If you are like 4th or 5th... on the list, and the order was made during the later half year of 2020. Don't count on it. Unless you are super lucky and suddenly everyone in front of you lose their jobs and back out from the deal...

But 3 days ago?..... I would start looking for a used one
1 person ordered one from them, Iā€™m the only other. Turns out they didnā€™t know they couldnā€™t order more. Staying on the list in case the other person cancels, otherwise I guess Iā€™ll have to see what the 2022s are like.

SiR

First Name
nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si, 2020 Civic Type R
Country flag
1 person ordered one from them, Iā€™m the only other. Turns out they didnā€™t know they couldnā€™t order more. Staying on the list in case the other person cancels, otherwise I guess Iā€™ll have to see what the 2022s are like.
Yes, I refunded my deposits, 2 deposits at different places, only until after I got my R. Don't back off from anything until you have your hands physically on a R. At the same time, more info should come out later this year on the new 2022. This should help you make your decision.

lexro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
There's an R that was a demo?? I don't even think that is allowed lol
haha yeah but
I would not recommend a demo Type R. 110% chance of that thing being beaten on when still ice cold.
Yeah I'm leaning more towards the 2018 with that insane amount of extended warranty haha. Figure i'll do a infotainment unit swap, mugen steering wheel, and a nice set of 18" wheels for winter and summer and the car would feel so fresh <3

SiR

First Name
nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si, 2020 Civic Type R
Country flag

Type R for me is gonna be a daily car, commuting between home and work. So I expect beating after sometime anyway, as much as I will take care of it. Hence the 2018 with extended warranty is really attractive for me AND budget wise it would allow me to get a nice set of 18" wheels and mugen's steering wheel right away

But 2020 looks fresh as hell and being in a 2019 sedan for 2 years now... I'm used to the new infotainment unit too haha.
Personally, there are 2 Things that nailed the coffin. 1) The physical buttons added since 2019, and 2) the better dampers from 2020

I tried the touchscreen on 2017. horrible experience on a already laggy infotainment. The new buttons were life saving. Most time i use the buttons and knobs, and 1 or 2 touchscreen press, so much easier.

The R has never been too harsh on the ride, but I love the upgraded dampers. Comfort mode in 2020 is such a nice and soft daily ride. Now I 18" tires on, I constantly go +R in daily drive on normal roads no issue at all.

The better brakes, cooling, look.... are just extra for me, but definitely will help out during track days, so sure, why not.

In the end, you need to know what you prioritize. the Money you save on a 2017 can probably complete the car for you, both performance and look. For me, I wanted the best R I could get to start with, then mod it. If you plan to tune your car eventually, and you very much might, the extra warranty is no longer in the equation. So, take your time to think about it.

Tabaresu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 PMM Civic Type R
Country flag
So is it to say my car is rare ?. Ordered for a 2020 bb back in May 2019 but never came, waited for almost 9 months then one day before I was gonna cancel my order, my salesman calls me they got a 2021 PMM already in the lot without no one knowing. Got the car on October 2020.
Gorgeous car!

I am still waiting on my PMM, lucked out to and happened to randomly call my local just after they found out they were getting one last CTR and it was PMM - which was the colour I was after.

I haven't seen any other PMM's in person, Champ white, Red, Black, and SGP I have seen around here so this should be the only if not one of as well.

How does it hold up, I imagine it hides dirt pretty well.

Denuel

First Name
Denuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type r
Country flag
Gorgeous car!

I am still waiting on my PMM, lucked out to and happened to randomly call my local just after they found out they were getting one last CTR and it was PMM - which was the colour I was after.

I haven't seen any other PMM's in person, Champ white, Red, Black, and SGP I have seen around here so this should be the only if not one of as well.

How does it hold up, I imagine it hides dirt pretty well.
Honestly Iā€™ve never got it really dirty but really holds up against dust, since it blends in. It shines up pretty good too in the sun, congrats man, whatā€™s your eta?

TYPRTY

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Type R LE
Country flag
There are 2 black 2020 CTRā€™s in Montreal for sale...the black one in Longeuil is already lowered, has tints and the window deflectors...but there is another 2020 black CTR with 18ā€™s for similar price and similar mileage listed 1 day ago!

Tabaresu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 PMM Civic Type R
Country flag
Honestly Iā€™ve never got it really dirty but really holds up against dust, since it blends in. It shines up pretty good too in the sun, congrats man, whatā€™s your eta?
Dealer said should be here before the end of the month. I will probably let it sit for a bit since there is still a lot of sand out on the road from winter.

Tabaresu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 PMM Civic Type R
Country flag
Anybody take delivery of their car this month in Canada?
I'm still waiting, talked to my dealer rep last Friday and they were thinking end of month or early April.

lexro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
what are the chances are getting a 2021 right now? i got my name on the waiting list...finger crossed.

Also the second hand market is INSANE atm. Just saw a 2018 in Nova Scotia with 30k km on it asking for 43.5k. like wtf!
Sponsored