First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 WOP Si Coupe, 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 650
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Why did the two passengers not do anything??? You know like maybe grab the parking brake?

OP
OP
Siqc Cafe

Siqc Cafe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring, 2000 Celica GT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
OP
OP
Siqc Cafe

Siqc Cafe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring, 2000 Celica GT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

slowride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PMM Type-R
Country flag
Why did the two passengers not do anything??? You know like maybe grab the parking brake?
What kind of parking brake does it have? The handle that you are used to since the beginning of time that you can just yank straight back or a little square switch that you pull with your finger tip that 99% of the population hasn't seen before?

rwnl2012

HDMI Butt
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
What kind of parking brake does it have? The handle that you are used to since the beginning of time that you can just yank straight back or a little square switch that you pull with your finger tip that 99% of the population hasn't seen before?
That's true! Who knew it'd affect drifting and swimming...

repeet

Threads
Reaction score
Website
jesus7feasts.fyi
Vehicle(s)
'23 BRZ
Country flag
Exactly. Plus unless you have the key near the car, AND have your foot pressing the brake, that little button does nothing.

rwnl2012

HDMI Butt
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Exactly. Plus unless you have the key near the car, AND have your foot pressing the brake, that little button does nothing.
That's strange... My car will still engage even if it's off and my foot isn't near the break. Made the mistake of pulling it once while the car was still moving slightly...

Honda 4life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda civic lx
Country flag
If you want to activate your parking brake(hand brake) You dont need to press the brake . Even your car is not running you can still activate the parking brake.

repeet

Threads
Reaction score
Website
jesus7feasts.fyi
Vehicle(s)
'23 BRZ
Country flag
That's strange... My car will still engage even if it's off and my foot isn't near the break. Made the mistake of pulling it once while the car was still moving slightly...
Hmmmm? Thanks, I'll have to try that.

roth91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic
Country flag
There is some kind of brake in the civic where you activate it and the car will not roll while in drive if you take your foot off the brake. The sales person showed me this feature but I never use it. It works great because you can sit in traffic and not have to keep your foot on the brake because the car won't move until you hit the gas.

sadsushi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Touring Sedan
Country flag
There is some kind of brake in the civic where you activate it and the car will not roll while in drive if you take your foot off the brake. The sales person showed me this feature but I never use it. It works great because you can sit in traffic and not have to keep your foot on the brake because the car won't move until you hit the gas.
That's the break hold button..I love it..use it quite often

justinjspog

Civic Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
This is so stupid. The parking brake is a little switch that engages WHENEVER you flick it (I accidentally did this in a loaner I had before getting my current Civic). Furthermore, if you use brake hold (and folks, it’s “brake” not “break”. Come on.) it’ll throw on your parking brake as soon as you take off your seatbelt.

This must be a MT. If it was a CVT model, the car would have lurched forward as soon as she let off the brake and as she was getting out. The turbo makes idling in-gear have a very strong pull (they warn about it in the owner’s manual). In that case, I don’t get why she’s not used to putting her parking brake on. What a dumbass.
Sponsored