Can you jack up the middle jack point from the side?

civicdriver_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic LX Sedan NA 2.0 L CVT
Country flag
Can you jack up the middle jack point from the side of the vehicle? I've seen and heard people jack up the middle point from the front using a long reach low profile jack, but I've never seen anyone try to jack up the middle jack point from the side. Is it possible? I'm in the process of purchasing a jack from harbor freight and I'm not sure if I should dish out the extra money for the long reach or if I could get by with a regular low profile one. Thanks for any advice!
Sponsored

shoegazer

assistant to the assistant manager
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Coupe 2.0 (CVT)
Country flag
Make sure you check out the recalls from Harbor Freight recently for jack stands. They don't inspire confidence. Be safe.

OP
OP
civicdriver_

civicdriver_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic LX Sedan NA 2.0 L CVT
Country flag
Make sure you check out the recalls from Harbor Freight recently for jack stands. They don't inspire confidence. Be safe.
Thank you for the heads up, I've heard about this yeah. I thought if I were to jack up the middle jack point from the side and put 2 jack stands at the side jack points, it would be easier getting under for an oil change. Since the middle jack point is behind the oil pan, if I were to jack it up from the front, the jack would be in the way.

I planned on going with a Daytona jack and still looking into some steel jack stands from other companies. I did watch a video where a guy did an oil change just by jacking up the driver side jack point only. It seems easier and I might just do that instead. What do y'all think? Reference:

Sponsored