CAN YOU FIT THE TEIN FLEX Z COILOVERS FOR SEDAN INTO A HATCHBACK??

JFour

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
I recently was able to get a hold of a tein flex z but when we installed it, the front struts did not fit 100%. turns out it was for sedans. is there anything I can do to make the front struts fit 100%???
Sponsored

L8apex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 SGP Sport
Country flag
Is the strut too big or too small for the knuckle? If it’s too small, you may be able to get a collar or tube made to fit between the strut and the knuckle.

If the strut is too big for the knuckle, you might need to get the same sedan knuckle/hub/bearing assembly that it’s made to fit (expensive). Or you can take material off the inside of the knuckle to make the strut fit in there (not recommended).

OP
OP

JFour

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Is the strut too big or too small for the knuckle? If it’s too small, you may be able to get a collar or tube made to fit between the strut and the knuckle.

If the strut is too big for the knuckle, you might need to get the same sedan knuckle/hub/bearing assembly that it’s made to fit (expensive). Or you can take material off the inside of the knuckle to make the strut fit in there (not recommended).
The strut is smaller than the knuckle. Where would I be able to buy a collar or does it have to be customized? I believe the sedan has 50.2mm and the hatchback is 52.0mm.

L8apex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 SGP Sport
Country flag
The strut is smaller than the knuckle. Where would I be able to buy a collar or does it have to be customized? I believe the sedan has 50.2mm and the hatchback is 52.0mm.
A machine shop maybe? One that specializes in CNC machining? If it’s a custom job, it’s gonna be expensive to make only 2. I think the material has to be pretty strong not to deform if it’s gonna be less than 1mm thick.

OP
OP

JFour

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
A machine shop maybe? One that specializes in CNC machining? If it’s a custom job, it’s gonna be expensive to make only 2. I think the material has to be pretty strong not to deform if it’s gonna be less than 1mm thick.
Oh i see. I would have liked if there was ready available but hopefully I can make something work. Thank you

OP
OP

JFour

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Found this on ebay. Is this something like what you were saying?

Honda Civic 10th gen CAN YOU FIT THE TEIN FLEX Z COILOVERS FOR SEDAN INTO A HATCHBACK?? Screenshot_20201213-203803_Samsung Internet