cboisits

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
I want to get wheel spacers so I'm doing my research and I read that they can cause bearings to fail over time. Has anyone experienced this issue or heard of this happening? Thank you.

On a side note, what are the best "tried and true" brands out there for the best wheel spacers?
Sponsored

KYRGYZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Civic LX, 18 Model X 100D
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
depends on what type of spacer you want and width...I used 15mm spacers on my Dodge Dart back in 2014, for 4 years and never had a single issue, just don't go too crazy and it should be fine

bugboy32337

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe (MSM)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The 20mm/25mm spacers are quite common ... really no different that running 30mm/25mm offset wheels. Sure, there can be a bit more wheel bearing stress (think leverage). I haven't heard of anyone attributing any wheel bearing failure to spacers ... but I haven't researched that either.

OP
OP
cboisits

cboisits

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
Well, it's a lease and I doubt that hub-centric wheel spacers will do sufficient enough damage, or any at all within 3 years or for the lifetime of the car. The car is light as hell. And wheel spacers are such a subtle change that makes a huge difference. My pet peeve is driving behind a V6 mustang that has wheels/tires that are so tucked in. You know the look I'm talking about? It makes the car look pathetic. No offense to any V6 Mustang drivers, but I'm just speaking the truth.

Hondanickx

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 civic hatch , 2018 civic sedan 1.5T
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The 10th gen civic uses special wheel bearings that run very light ( to increase milage).
On my old 1998 hatch i always ran wheels with a different ET then stock.From stock ET45 up to et38 for more then 10years .The front wheel bearings only failed after 160000miles which is a normal wear afaik.I don't know how much these new bearing can handle ,but if its the same as the old ones then i think you won't have any problems running wheels up to ET38 or 20mm spacers.

GoldClass

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatchback
Country flag
I want to get wheel spacers so I'm doing my research and I read that they can cause bearings to fail over time. Has anyone experienced this issue or heard of this happening? Thank you.

On a side note, what are the best "tried and true" brands out there for the best wheel spacers?
This may shed some light;

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2020 Civic Si Coupe Past: 2018 Civic Si Coupe, 2014 Prius, 2013 Civic LX 5spd
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have GarageLine spacers on backorder. I am doing 20mm in the front, and 25mm in the back. Good?
Yeh ur fine

I run 25mm front and 20mm back same brand
Sponsored