Can we talk about the weird toxicity in FB Type R groups?

Ouhei

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CW CTR
Country flag
Facebook is TERRIBLE for car community stuff outside of event planning. Because everything is a timeline and impossible to find once it's dropped down the feed, information is temporary and you get people asking the same thing every other day. Add in people heightened need to flex on social media and you get the current state of things.

I strongly prefer forums since you can keep topic threads going long term and it's just easier to find information, but for whatever reason people don't use them as much as they used to. It's not like we don't get try-hards and idiots here, but at least the information is more prevalent.

To me the golden age of forums was S2KI in like 2008-2012, I miss how that felt.
Sponsored

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2020 Civic Si Coupe Past: 2018 Civic Si Coupe, 2014 Prius, 2013 Civic LX 5spd
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
FB groups have always proved to been consistently toxic and smooth brained people. I've rarely seen a genuine and thoughtful discussion related to the platform on those groups. I've only posted to them a couple times because I do get a lot of quick responses even though 90% of them aren't necessarily helpful.

Funny story, couple weeks ago this Type R owner was roasting and bullying others because of how much they've driven during covid, neglecting the possibility that maybe these people HAVE to drive to work and are essential workers. Hopped in to set him straight and said he had a large forehead, for the next couple weeks he's commented on anything I post essentially writing paragraphs of the same insults, saying I'm poor etc. because I don't have an R, constantly telling me about how much money he makes and the Type R is just a grocery getter for him. He even went as far as to take a video of his engine bay with my name on a post it and gave me the middle finger. Continued to make up a bunch of irrelevant stuff and the more he kept commenting it the more he started believing his own lies and kept pushing that narrative lmao. Wish I was lying when I said he wrote paragraphs but at this point he's probably written me a book of the same insults that I've continued to ignore, giving him zero attention, yet he still does it. Haven't blocked him yet because my girlfriend and I enjoy watching that little 5'3 man let his anger out.

Since then I've given up on these groups, a large majority of them seem like they got the R for clout and that's it.

I love these forums however. The amount of information I've digested just reading posts on here is crazy. I'm honestly so grateful that this forum is in the state it's currently in, it's very rare to find an up-to-date forum with an active community but also a mature community.

Much love to everyone here, let us all continue to appreciate eachother's thoughts and the information that is given on here. :beer:

WhiskeyTango

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
FB groups have always proved to been consistently toxic and smooth brained people. I've rarely seen a genuine and thoughtful discussion related to the platform on those groups. I've only posted to them a couple times because I do get a lot of quick responses even though 90% of them aren't necessarily helpful.

Funny story, couple weeks ago this Type R owner was roasting and bullying others because of how much they've driven during covid, neglecting the possibility that maybe these people HAVE to drive to work and are essential workers. Hopped in to set him straight and said he had a large forehead, for the next couple weeks he's commented on anything I post essentially writing paragraphs of the same insults, saying I'm poor etc. because I don't have an R, constantly telling me about how much money he makes and the Type R is just a grocery getter for him. He even went as far as to take a video of his engine bay with my name on a post it and gave me the middle finger. Continued to make up a bunch of irrelevant stuff and the more he kept commenting it the more he started believing his own lies and kept pushing that narrative lmao. Wish I was lying when I said he wrote paragraphs but at this point he's probably written me a book of the same insults that I've continued to ignore, giving him zero attention, yet he still does it. Haven't blocked him yet because my girlfriend and I enjoy watching that little 5'3 man let his anger out.

Since then I've given up on these groups, a large majority of them seem like they got the R for clout and that's it.

I love these forums however. The amount of information I've digested just reading posts on here is crazy. I'm honestly so grateful that this forum is in the state it's currently in, it's very rare to find an up-to-date forum with an active community but also a mature community.

Much love to everyone here, let us all continue to appreciate eachother's thoughts and the information that is given on here. :beer:
Link bro

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2020 Civic Si Coupe Past: 2018 Civic Si Coupe, 2014 Prius, 2013 Civic LX 5spd
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Can't find the links but I do have a compilation of screenshots I sent my girl ahah, the first pic is where it all started. Continued to attack a bunch of people, also as you can see he writes entire books for everyone.

In reality he's literally 5"3 and built like a troll with a receding hairline. Ever since he started attacking people he's removed any pictures with his face from his FB. Tried to square away everything in DM's to genuinely see why he was still upset but he basically continued on his same story of trying to roast me and say I'm delusional etc.

Crazy because he's a professional photographer
http://nicktranphotography.com/

Incredibly immature. Kudos on his business but he's one of the most unprofessional people I've seen. FYI I think he's around 30 or so, the pictures below also account for like 20% of the total responses he's made ahah

Honda Civic 10th gen Can we talk about the weird toxicity in FB Type R groups? 1614696090081
Honda Civic 10th gen Can we talk about the weird toxicity in FB Type R groups? 1614696106347
Honda Civic 10th gen Can we talk about the weird toxicity in FB Type R groups? 1614696131107
Honda Civic 10th gen Can we talk about the weird toxicity in FB Type R groups? 1614696144527
Honda Civic 10th gen Can we talk about the weird toxicity in FB Type R groups? 1614696157945
Honda Civic 10th gen Can we talk about the weird toxicity in FB Type R groups? 1614696172578

Jjk226

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR CW
Country flag
Can't find the links but I do have a compilation of screenshots I sent my girl ahah, the first pic is where it all started. Continued to attack a bunch of people, also as you can see he writes entire books for everyone.

In reality he's literally 5"3 and built like a troll with a receding hairline. Ever since he started attacking people he's removed any pictures with his face from his FB. Tried to square away everything in DM's to genuinely see why he was still upset but he basically continued on his same story of trying to roast me and say I'm delusional etc.

Incredibly immature. Kudos on his business but he's one of the most unprofessional people I've seen. FYI I think he's around 30 or so, the pictures below also account for like 20% of the total responses he's made ahah

1614696090081.png
1614696106347.png
1614696131107.png
1614696144527.png
1614696157945.png
1614696172578.png
Dude is writing a thesis LOL yikes

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Dude is writing a thesis LOL yikes
Mans wrote an entire book series. Initially I responded to his first comments he left me, he then continued to write paragraphs back even when I wrote one sentence so at that point it wasn't worth my time. I couldn't even be mad as I got to a point where I genuinely felt bad for him, seems like a man angry at life and I even wished him well and to be safe yet he still went on lmao

Eric48

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Country flag
Maybe leave that drama over on FB, or just block his ass and move on. How is that worth your time?

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Maybe leave that drama over on FB, or just block his ass and move on. How is that worth your time?
Yup already did all those. It's not worth anyone's time, just wanted to share why I appreciate this forum a lot more aha

WhiskeyTango

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag

1614696090081.png
1614696106347.png
1614696131107.png
1614696144527.png
1614696157945.png
1614696172578.png
Every Gen Z kid with a $400 DSLR thinks they are photographers ?

princeRS

First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R
Country flag
Mans wrote an entire book series. Initially I responded to his first comments he left me, he then continued to write paragraphs back even when I wrote one sentence so at that point it wasn't worth my time. I couldn't even be mad as I got to a point where I genuinely felt bad for him, seems like a man angry at life and I even wished him well and to be safe yet he still went on lmao
mind blown bro....just block his ass and keep it moving, not worth your time or energy. clearly has some sort of mental issues (and Napoleon complex ?)

TheGreekFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BB CTR, '23 SO 4Runner TRD Pro
Country flag
The problem with cars like the civic that have a low financial barrier of entry is you get alot of tire kicking chest puffing young guys. They split their time between humping the car, wasting sellers' time in the classifieds on parts they can't afford, and acting like keyboard tough guys with anyone that disagrees with them.

The problem with cars that have a much higher barrier of entry is you get pretentious dbags who think their semen doubled in value after buying some car 95% of the public could give 2 shits about. They also hump their barely driven car, just in a nicer heated garage when the wife is asleep.

Pick your poison. While most people in the Type R subthread here are cool, there are some cringy Honda bros out there. It only gets worse as the cars age and become more attainable to insecure young dudes.

I had a good experience with my MK7 GTI in the forums when I bought it new. Met some really cool guys who helped me learn ALOT about the car and working on it myself. As those hit the used market and got even cheaper, the interactions for my parts for sale ads got more juvenile.

I've heard the Miata community is the best due to the amount of people involved in actually racing them every weekend.

WhiskeyTango

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
The problem with cars like the civic that have a low financial barrier of entry is you get alot of tire kicking chest puffing young guys. They split their time between humping the car, wasting sellers' time in the classifieds on parts they can't afford, and acting like keyboard tough guys with anyone that disagrees with them.

The problem with cars that have a much higher barrier of entry is you get pretentious dbags who think their semen doubled in value after buying some car 95% of the public could give 2 shits about. They also hump their barely driven car, just in a nicer heated garage when the wife is asleep.

Pick your poison. While most people in the Type R subthread here are cool, there are some cringy Honda bros out there. It only gets worse as the cars age and become more attainable to insecure young dudes.

I had a good experience with my MK7 GTI in the forums when I bought it new. Met some really cool guys who helped me learn ALOT about the car and working on it myself. As those hit the used market and got even cheaper, the interactions for my parts for sale ads got more juvenile.

I've heard the Miata community is the best due to the amount of people involved in actually racing them every weekend.
You haven't seen the Miata community recently then. Every trashed 200k mile trash heap is worth at least $4k nowadays, when these guys bought them just a few years back for about $1-1.5K.

Don't even get me started on the cost of hard tops ?

TheGreekFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BB CTR, '23 SO 4Runner TRD Pro
Country flag
You haven't seen the Miata community recently then. Every trashed 200k mile trash heap is worth at least $4k nowadays, when these guys bought them just a few years back for about $1-1.5K.

Don't even get me started on the cost of hard tops ?
That sucks......guess its the product of everyone watching youtube videos of how great miatas are and realizing they could pick one up for the cost of a PC.

I've been following the S2K market for a while and am amazed at how quickly those appreciated. I turned down a $14K counteroffer for a pristine full VIN weekend baby AP2 with like 50K miles on it only a few years ago ? same car is $20K+ today.
Sponsored