Can we talk about Breonna Taylor, the KY Police dept and how they completely Fubard this whole thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si
Country flag
I think you figured out the legal situation here quite well.

But then you used several times in your posts phrases like "it's well established" or "it has been pretty well studied" to insert some doubtful race issues and controversial statements. If you were talking about physics or even engineering here, this could be OK, although you still would need to be ready to sometimes eventually give a reference: who established that exactly?

Now, in the highly politicized and dogmatised area of social "science", or psychology, such statements are in fact plain illegal in a discussion. Who "pretty much established" that everyone has a racial bias? Not me. I don't agree with whoever "studied" that and the one who funded their "work." I probably wouldn't be friends with someone who "established" that. So please don't say "everybody knows" where there is no agreement or objectivity at all.

There is even no agreement on the definition of "racism." And, there is surely a long, long (I mean really long) as in "serioulsly long," way from "bias" to "racism". Words (should) have meanings, it's not "whatever floats your boat". You can't have a conversation without common definitions for the words. Differences on these fundamental terms void and make pointless any discussions on this topic.
Sounds like to resort to calling scientific findings you disagree with "politicized and dogmatised". Do you also think the science behind global warming is flawed because you don't want to believe it's true? Sorry hon, but just because you don't like a fact doesn't mean you get to say "oh, that must not be good science because it doesn't align with what I think".
Sponsored

OP
OP
Byron Sexton

Byron Sexton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mazdaspeed6, 2020 Civic Type R SGP #36784
Country flag
Historically black colleges aren't that way by choice, they're called historically black colleges because they were made in a time when black people weren't allowed to go to white colleges or discouraged to go to white colleges, that's why you can't make new historically black colleges anymore cause it doesn't make any sense. There are also other races going to historically black colleges these days.
Not to mention there are also historically Anglo Saxon colleges as well I've seen them in downtown Chicago.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Byron Sexton

Byron Sexton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mazdaspeed6, 2020 Civic Type R SGP #36784
Country flag
The people who use terms like "we need to do better", or "we need to change our ways", are just halling everybody into it to try and clear their own guilty conscience. They're either a victim of leftist media brainwashing, or are feeling ashamed of their own ill thoughts and actions. Either way, they need to be speaking for themselves, drop this whole "we" thing. Because most whites are not guilty of anything, nor are they responsible for what somebody else does/did just because they have the same skin shade.
i actually somewhat agree with you on this point. The same way that black people express that we shouldn't all be treated the same, we should apply that to the white people we meet in our lives too. Not every white person adheres to White Supremacist societal beliefs. Not every white person is here to hold anyone back, We have to look at every individual and judge them based on their actions and merit.
Although you also cannot ignore the history. Jim Crow, Political decisions Civil Rights, Red lining, Police brutality. All of these policies have Affected the black community in terrible ways We need to research deeper who was the party mainly responsible for this? who is trying to actively fix these issues today? It is getting better for all of us We just have to work together Fuck color of skin....

'19Sport6Man

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport, 2013 Mazda MX-5 Grand Touring
Country flag
Sounds like to resort to calling scientific findings you disagree with "politicized and dogmatised". Do you also think the science behind global warming is flawed because you don't want to believe it's true? Sorry hon, but just because you don't like a fact doesn't mean you get to say "oh, that must not be good science because it doesn't align with what I think".
Actually, he broke down the difference between so called "social sciences", which many are referring to as though they follow the scientific method and the same tenets as REAL sciences.

'19Sport6Man

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport, 2013 Mazda MX-5 Grand Touring
Country flag
I have nearly a decade of 360 assessments + command climate surveys that show I absolutely get it.

What does this even mean?

define 360 assessments and command climate surveys, and explain how that relates to my question:

If you think that people are NOT effected by a climate that values "diversity", OVER demonstrated performance, experience, and educational attainment, then you will never get it.

Gruber

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring; 2009 Honda CR-V EX-L
Country flag
Well...... Not everyone is like you. I'm in this fortunate position that unlike most people, I don't need to "believe" scientists or like or dislike science, because I am capable of verifying and evaluating their "findings" it to a significant degree. I also know how funding science works and how fraud in science happens everyday, because I'm in it. I bought my house and my cars mostly for the "CO2 money."

For example, I don't need to believe the ignorant "climatologists" claiming that CO2 is a significant "global warming" gas, because I understand radiative heat transfer in gases and I know for a fact that water vapor dwarfs CO2 in the so called (inappropriately) "greenhouse effect."

Status
Not open for further replies.