Can we talk about Breonna Taylor, the KY Police dept and how they completely Fubard this whole thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

civicmanic

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring ; 2020 CR-V Sport(wife)
Country flag
If this was about a white woman named Brianna, nobody would give a damn. The cops went there to execute a legal warrant, they did nothing wrong. They knocked on the door for several minutes before busting it down. Then they were immediately fired upon by Kenneth Walker, and when you fire at a group of cops you're gonna get it back. Color has absolutely nothing to do with this. Brionna was tragically caught in the middle.

Any of you whites with a guilty conscience don't believe you'd be fired back at? Try it. But you won't, because you know damn well the cops would've done the same to you as well if you put their life in jeopardy.
Sponsored

0percentapr

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
If this was about a white woman named Brianna, nobody would give a damn. The cops went there to execute a legal warrant, they did nothing wrong. They knocked on the door for several minutes before busting it down. Then they were immediately fired upon by Kenneth Walker, and when you fire at a group of cops you're gonna get it back. Color has absolutely nothing to do with this. Brionna was tragically caught in the middle.

Any of you whites with a guilty conscience don't believe you'd be fired back at? Try it. But you won't, because you know damn well the cops would've done the same to you as well if you put their life in jeopardy.
If I had wheels I'd be a car, it wasn't a white woman, what's your point?

'19Sport6Man

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport, 2013 Mazda MX-5 Grand Touring
Country flag
You're trying to get people to watch this super long video for what
Because it's factual.

When a black person is killed in an encounter with a cop, even if that person has a long criminal record and/or is a convicted felon, they are martyred and it is national news, with nary a mention of their often less than savory backgrounds, or the part that they may have played in their own fatal encounter with law enforcement.

But when it's a white person, even a person with no criminal history, who is completely innocent and is murdered by the cops, it is barely a blurb on local news, much less national media.

The issue in these incidents is NOT racism. It is all too often poorly trained or overly militarized amped up police.

0percentapr

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Because it's factual.

When a black person is killed in an encounter with a cop, even if that person has a long criminal record and/or is a convicted felon, they are martyred and it is national news, with nary a mention of their often less than savory backgrounds, or the part that they may have played in their own fatal encounter with law enforcement.

But when it's a white person, even a person with no criminal history, who is completely innocent and is murdered by the cops, it is barely a blurb on local news, much less national media.

The issue in these incidents is NOT racism. It is all too often poorly trained or overly militarized amped up police.
That's white people's fault for not bringing up then? If you're white and you have a problem with it, then bring it up and protest. Don't use it as a talking point when others are talking about their own communities issues

'19Sport6Man

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
That's white people's fault for not bringing up then? If you're white and you have a problem with it, then bring it up and protest. Don't use it as a talking point when others are talking about their own communities issues
LMAO at "their own communities issues".

Step back and try to think rationally.

The point is that you are being led by the nose.

Did you watch the video?

How many of those incidents were you even aware of?

It's a LIE that the incident this thread is about has any basis in race or racism. It is just being peddled that way to the weak minded, by those who want to control the narrative.

Carry on.

0percentapr

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
LMAO at "their own communities issues".

Step back and try to think rationally.

The point is that you are being led by the nose.

Did you watch the video?

How many of those incidents were you even aware of?

It's a LIE that the incident this thread is about has any basis in race or racism. It is just being peddled that way to the weak minded, by those who want to control the narrative.

Carry on.
It sounds like you want to control the narrative. It's hard to believe there is no racial bias in policing when there are still people alive from the civil rights era when police sicked dogs and water hoses on black people because they were in a diner for whites only. You think workplace culture changed that quickly? Especially when there are lineages of police families, you think they didn't come home every night back then complaining and spilling their vicious vitriol about the black people they beat in the streets? They did a survey during the civil rights era where 60-70% of people interviewed felt like black people were asking for too much rights. Go ahead and be on the wrong side of history. I'm done here.

'19Sport6Man

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Nope.
Pretty clear you didn’t watch the video.
Some people can’t handle the truth.

0percentapr

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Nope.
Pretty clear you didn’t watch the video.
Some people can’t handle the truth.
Oh my bad, let me watch the Hodge twins, two great historians and sociologist on youtube, lol you make me laugh bro

'19Sport6Man

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Oh my bad, let me watch the Hodge twins, two great historians and sociologist on youtube, lol you make me laugh bro
They appear to be more well informed and intelligent than those who attempt to inject race into issues where it is not relevant.

Glad I can make you laugh.

You sound like you could use it.

Gruber

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring; 2009 Honda CR-V EX-L
Country flag
I can't tell if you're saying you still agree with the rest of it, aside from my point on racial inequity, or that because I mentioned race at all you're now discounting the entire thing.

If you don't believe race is a consideration in how we legislate and enforce laws, I'm not sure what to tell you, that's a pretty well-studied thing. It's also a difference between racial inequity, institutional racism, and individual racists. I mean, I'm in my 30's and my mom went to schools that were segregated. That stuff is not that far in the past.
I think you figured out the legal situation here quite well.

But then you used several times in your posts phrases like "it's well established" or "it has been pretty well studied" to insert some doubtful race issues and controversial statements. If you were talking about physics or even engineering here, this could be OK, although you still would need to be ready to sometimes eventually give a reference: who established that exactly?

Now, in the highly politicized and dogmatised area of social "science", or psychology, such statements are in fact plain illegal in a discussion. Who "pretty much established" that everyone has a racial bias? Not me. I don't agree with whoever "studied" that and the one who funded their "work." I probably wouldn't be friends with someone who "established" that. So please don't say "everybody knows" where there is no agreement or objectivity at all.

There is even no agreement on the definition of "racism." And, there is surely a long, long (I mean really long) as in "serioulsly long," way from "bias" to "racism". Words (should) have meanings, it's not "whatever floats your boat". You can't have a conversation without common definitions for the words. Differences on these fundamental terms void and make pointless any discussions on this topic.

0percentapr

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I think you figured out the legal situation here quite well.

But then you used several times in your posts phrases like "it's well established" or "it has been pretty well studied" to insert some doubtful race issues and controversial statements. If you were talking about physics or even engineering here, this could be OK, although you still would need to be ready to sometimes eventually give a reference: who established that exactly?

Now, in the highly politicized and dogmatised area of social "science", or psychology, such statements are in fact plain illegal in a discussion. Who "pretty much established" that everyone has a racial bias? Not me. I don't agree with whoever "studied" that and the one who funded their "work." I probably wouldn't be friends with someone who "established" that. So please don't say "everybody knows" where there is no agreement or objectivity at all.

There is even no agreement on the definition of "racism." And, there is surely a long, long (I mean really long) as in "serioulsly long," way from "bias" to "racism". Words (should) have meanings, it's not "whatever floats your boat". You can't have a conversation without common definitions for the words. Differences on these fundamental terms void and make pointless any discussions on this topic.
You think you have no racial bias?

Madrigal77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic EX
Country flag
If anything, the bf should be charged with manslaughter. He’s the one that opened up on the police, forcing them to return fire.

civicmanic

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring ; 2020 CR-V Sport(wife)
Country flag
The people who use terms like "we need to do better", or "we need to change our ways", are just halling everybody into it to try and clear their own guilty conscience. They're either a victim of leftist media brainwashing, or are feeling ashamed of their own ill thoughts and actions. Either way, they need to be speaking for themselves, drop this whole "we" thing. Because most whites are not guilty of anything, nor are they responsible for what somebody else does/did just because they have the same skin shade.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.