Can we talk about Breonna Taylor, the KY Police dept and how they completely Fubard this whole thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Byron Sexton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mazdaspeed6, 2020 Civic Type R SGP #36784
Country flag
Breonna Taylor A young 26 year old African American woman was gunned down by the KY plain clothed police department in her bed.
Is this how Police are supposed to act? Using the defense of No knock warrant to try and contain a supposed drug run. When at the end of the day they found no drugs, and they messed up and slaughtered a young woman.

Do we have any law officers on here who can explain what kind of logic the police had in their minds to just bust in a random apartment on the suspicion of drugs. Look at the casualtes.....look at this missed up situation.

The ruling wasn't even fair the leading Detective should be facing worst charges than what he received. They completely messed this whole thing up. This is squarely on the shoulders of the police.
Sponsored

jimmyreal

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Civic Si sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The amount of misinformation in your post is baffling.

It wasn’t a no-knock. It was a forced entry but neighbors say they heard cops identify themselves. She was shot in the hallway when cops returned fire after they were shot at.

It’s a prime example of why no-knock + forced entry warrants need a much higher level of scrutiny. If the cops were allowed to do it as a forced entry, that’s not really on them, it’s on whomever signed the warrant.

Murder charges require intent. It’s impossible to prove the cops went there intending to kill anybody. Manslaughter may have stuck for whichever cop actually killed her, if KY recognizes “imperfect self defense” as a thing. Also, involuntary manslaughter, if negligence can be proven.

If anything it’s one more unnecessary casualty in the war on drugs. Zero reason at all for the warrant to be executed like that, at least that I’ve seen. What was the justification for forced entry, sure “probable cause”, but was there a real risk assessment done about the increased chance of a lethal force encounter? The increased risk to the citizens in the house, the bystanders, and The cops?

The problem is not the cops in this case. The problem is the laws that allows them to get a warrant that allows tactics like forced entry to be used. Fire the cops for being idiots, sure. Conjuring up charges to satisfy an angry public, nope. They might be idiots but they were authorized by laws they had nothing to do with to take the actions they did. If you can prove intent, or negligence, great throw the corresponding charges at them.

Anybody demanding murder charges is as ignorant about US civics as it’s possible to be.

I bet all the millionaire white politicians are just as giggly as school girls watching all the black folks angry at cops and not at them. You know, the politicians who were responsible for reconstruction, Jim Crow, allowed the KKK, red-lining, etc.

Last edited:

civicmanic

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring ; 2020 CR-V Sport(wife)
Country flag
They had a no knock warrant, but they didn't serve it as such. They actually knocked for quite some time. They eventually announced themselves before they broke the door down. As soon as they broke the door down. Kenneth Walker fired a shot at them. What do you think happens when you fire a shot at police? They fire back! Breonna got caught in the cross fire. It was a complete tragedy, but the one everybody should be blaming is Kenneth Walker.

Ironic thing about all this, is the very case that spurred all this "abolish no knock warrants" movement, is a case in which a no knock warrant wasn't even exercised. Matter of fact, if they had to follow through with the no knock warrant, most likely she'd be alive right now because it wouldn't have given her boyfriend the time to wake up, get a gun and fire at police.

OP
OP
Byron Sexton

Byron Sexton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Thank you for your insight. I completely agree with you assessment, thank you for posting this. I'm personally trying to research the whole story and what caused this whole issue. There is a lot of Public outrage, and it doesn't excuse the fact that while yes you have a point, signing the warrant and executing the order was where the issue broke down. That does align with my whole point, The state of Kentucky and the police department made this mistake. The fault lies directly on the police, you stated lawful facts but it doesn't defend the actions of the police.

Drake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Maybe if the police wore body cameras (wow, what a crazy idea!) these disputes of "what actually happened" might go away. Instead, we have the facts that people who were doing nothing dangerous or illegal and harming nobody were literally invaded by police officers who fired blindly into their home and killed an innocent person. This is not how police should act.

OP
OP
Byron Sexton

Byron Sexton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
They had a no knock warrant, but they didn't serve it as such. They actually knocked for quite some time. They eventually announced themselves before they broke the door down. As soon as they broke the door down. Kenneth Walker fired a shot at them. What do you think happens when you fire a shot at police? They fire back! Breonna got caught in the cross fire. It was a complete tragedy, but the one everybody should be blaming is Kenneth Walker.

Ironic thing about all this, is the very case that spurred all this "abolish no knock warrants" movement, is a case in which a no knock warrant wasn't even exercised. Matter of fact, if they had to follow through with the no knock warrant, most likely she'd be alive right now because it wouldn't have given her boyfriend the time to wake up, get a gun and fire at police.
Where did you read that the police actually knocked on the door for awhile? i haven't seen that on any news sources ive read.

jimmyreal

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Civic Si sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Thanks for letting me know that if I break into your house, I only need to shout “police!” to make sure you don’t shoot me.

I grew up thinking this was a country of liberty where gestapo tactics weren’t ok. I can’t possibly see the probably cause that required his arrest in the middle of the night or that forced entry be allowed.

I’m sure the judge didn’t sign the warrant after business hours, so the need to arrest him was immediate but not immediate enough they couldn’t grab dinner first?

I’d also be curious how often the cops write up a black guy’s warrant to justify higher risk tactics vs a white guy’s, or how often the judges are signing them for one demographic versus another.

What mitigating policies does that department have to account for racial bias? Training? Flags for discretionary arrests made without a corresponding charge?

I don’t care how loud somebody screams police, if somebody’s in my house after the break the door down, I’m shooting first.

civicmanic

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I don’t care how loud somebody screams police, if somebody’s in my house after the break the door down, I’m shooting first.
Except it was actually the police. And she was actually into criminal activity. And the police were acting lawfully.

But you shoot at them first, and you'll suffer the same fate as Breonna. That's your choice.

Did you know she had a rental vehicle in which a dead body was found in while in her possession? Along with a pile of drugs. She was deep into crime, surrounded by it.

This is the type of crew she ran with:
https://www.realtalktime.com/breonna-taylor-dead-body-rental-car-fernandez-bowman/

Last edited:

turbociv910

First Name
taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SGP Civic Type R, Audi Q5
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Conjuring up charges to satisfy an angry public, nope.
The sheep really hush when BS charges are brought on the LEOs and then are dismissed a month or so later.. People are stupid and think a charge is justice. You and I both know that apparently.

Same situation in the Kyle Rittenhouse.. Slapped him with murder charges when he was being chased and beaten in the street.. that kids going to be the new face of the NRA one day

jimmyreal

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Civic Si sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Except it was actually the police. And she was actually into criminal activity. And the police were acting lawfully.

But you shoot at them first, and you'll suffer the same fate as Breonna. That's your choice.

Did you know she had a rental vehicle in which was dead body was found in while in her possession? She was deep into crime, surrounded by it.
She wasn’t on the warrant so she had nothing to do with the reason they were there. Your logic is dripping with false narrative.

I’d suggest trying a source besides infowars.com and taking a look at your racial biases when you think a young black woman’s death is justified because you read somewhere she’s “deep into crime.”

civicmanic

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I’d suggest trying a source besides infowars.com and taking a look at your racial biases when you think a young black woman’s death is justified because you read somewhere she’s “deep into crime.”
LOL here we go. The only retort you know when somebody disagrees with you.

The police didn't go there to gun her down. Just some unfortunate circumstances went down(Kenneth Walker firing at them) that led up to it. It was an terrible tragedy. But I don't blame the police. They have dangerous job to do and in this instance they did what they did to protect themselves.

civicmanic

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
This is going to devolve real quickly. I think we can probably close this with the second post in the thread. @jimmyreal gave a pretty good summary. It’s going to go downhill from here.
So far, all I am seeing is a healthy dialogue of opposing views. Nothing wrong with that. Personally, I'd leave it open and if it gets to the point you fear it will, THEN shut it down.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.