Can we start breaking the Type R forum into sub forums?

MonkeyBoost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R #680 CW, 2011 Mazdaspeed 3
Country flag
@Administrator Is it possible to start making some sub forums in various categories? It's already very hard to track threads in this huge Type R section and it's only going to get worse as more people take delivery. Since i'm used to the mazdaspeed forums maybe something similar to this as a general breakdown:

General Discussion
Turbo Induction
Suspension & Brakes
Big Turbo Builds
ECU Computer Tuning
Build Diaries
Engine, Transmission & Driveline
Dyno Sheets/Discussions
How-To's
Appearance
Wheels & Tires
Fuel, Nitrous & Water Injection
Car Audio & Electronics
Torque Specs & information
Troubleshoot/Diagnostics

Im sure we can come up with more or further break them down even more.
Sponsored

youCTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1292 CW Civic Type R
Country flag
I thought the main forum is broken up into something similar? It's just not Type R specific.

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
I actually don't mind this idea. It allows Type R owners to have their exclusivity while preserving the integrity of all Civic models regardless of performance. That's the one think I like about this forum compared to 9G or 8G. Last thing I want to see, especially being one of the first members to register is Si or Type R posts all over the place.

GSquared

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R (SGP), 2017 Civic Type-R (PMM - SOLD), 2015 Civic Si (Sold), 2013 Si Turbo (Sold)
Country flag
I think some of those topics could be compressed to not split it off too much, but having dedicated Type-R sections for some items would be nice as we are all just kinda putting it in the Type R section instead of the other sections of the forum.
I'll be honest, I rarely even visit any other section and didn't know about all the nice KTuner/FlashPro discussion going on with people's cars!

Onyx_901

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R
Great idea to organize the most active forum on this site. What do the admins think?

CTR_Gavin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CW Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yeah, I agree with doing this also. Matt from ICB posted some info on Rays wheels earlier in the owner's group on FB and I was going to post that information here, but didn't know if I should put it in the CTR forum or Wheel/Tire, since his info was CTR specific.

jonnys_honda

First Name
Jonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R #1288
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yeah, I agree with doing this also. Matt from ICB posted some info on Rays wheels earlier in the owner's group on FB and I was going to post that information here, but didn't know if I should put it in the CTR forum or Wheel/Tire, since his info was CTR specific.
Funny you mention that. I'm working with him directly on that.

Vdeity86

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
350z Anniversary Edition(sold), Accord, #1220 CTR
Country flag
I agree... There's many things CTR specific and enough people in here to justify it.

coopermidnight

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm pretty sure the "technical topics" set of boards covers most of that. The Type R board has more threads than almost any of those boards individually, so maybe use the forum as intended rather than lobbying for your own secret island ;)

A better idea (imo) would be thread tags, something very common in other forums. This way you can mark the thread as relevant to [CTR] without wasting space in the topic title, and the technical topic boards suddenly have the segregation you're looking for. This has the added benefit of making searches better.
Sponsored