Can we make a pops and crackles map happen?

Moe.k

First Name
Moe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic coupe
Country flag
Question then how does the volster n do it from factory
Sponsored

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Question then how does the volster n do it from factory
It has active exhaust. There's a lot of folks that have found that pulling cats/deleting resonators/mufflers make the car sound more like this. That car... like quite if few other cars, can divert exhaust around to change it's note and make an annoying... er... desirable backfiring pop/crackle. As to whether the sport oriented setting also run rich when you lift off the throttle and retard timing to make it do it even more... I'm not sure.

I really bet you can just bump the ignition timing way negative when you're off throttle and spend a few bucks for a muffler/resonator/both delete. I hear it on my reflash with the exhaust stock a little bit but I don't find the sound desirable so I wouldn't ever do anything to purposefully make it worse/better.

AlbertBlackSi

First Name
Albert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Im not sure how loud people are trying to be but a simple muffler delete gave me cracks and pops i didnt even ask for! You cant hear them from a mile away but I'm sure it'll put a smile on your face while driving.

PowerPerLiter

Specific Output
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si Coupe 91 Talon TSI AWD 6262 280's N20 and 87 Buick Regal T 6776bb built N20
Just did this for someone on a na k24 as it is possible to get a few pops. Guess what....killed his primary 02 sensor within a week.....

Jpierro79

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 type R 2015 c300
Country flag
Cars tuned from the factory do this through two methods often combined. First the fuel delay cut off is extended. The other which is simple also is the the very first column of ignition above 2000-2500 rpm people retard the ignition timing so that the fuel is burned later. This is full vacuum column. I’m not talking a few degrees I’m talking changing from 25 to -5 yes negative 5. What happens is the injectors stay open for a bit to alleviate pressure off of high pressure fuel pump. The timing is advanced a lot so it prevent crackles and To burn more of the fuel. As soon as you step on the pedal you won’t be in that column. It will go back to normal. So you don’t have to worry about your car screwing up. If you make a mistake make sure you have a copy of your tune. Make sure you do it in all the ignition tables. With the type r there is 8 tables. 4 vtec 4 non vtec. Depending what on what position the cams are in depends on what table. Otherwise no pops cause you adjusted the wrong table. That’s how focus RS does it and other manufacturers. It’s most often in the tuning. Do NOT put anything lower than 2000 rpm in the first column. Honestly I think 2000 is low. I’d say 2500 and I’d try just ignition first. Don’t have to add more fuel. Unless you want to be obnoxious.
Remember first column in only!!

Last edited:

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
All the cracks and pops are is unburnt fuel that is being burnt up in the exhaust piping, all you have to do is get fuel dumped into the engine and the engine not burn all of it up

OP
OP
Zed

Zed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
6MT FK7 (Sold), 991.2 Carrera S, 3rd Gen Tacoma
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Drob will stab all of you who want this lmao.
:doh: Was just thinking of that possibility lmao. In an effort to avoid being flamed by the man, I retract my interest in the subject.

Also, I imagine the excess fuel being pushed out is probably not a good thing. Read somewhere that the excess fuel may wash the oil off of the cylinder walls during the strokes where additional fuel is added.

Rustlinjimmies

First Name
Meh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
so I saw this posted on the FB group from a tuning company Phearable? never heard of them but have the crackle pop tune calling it "god" mode charging 300 for the tune and has some decent gains from the tune too but I've never heard of them not sure how reliable they are but it fits the bill for what people are after lmao
http://www.phearable.net/tuning-software/stage1.5-godmode.html

Last edited:

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
"Warning: The Phearable.net Ktuner Stage 1.5 Tune WITH GOD MODE should be used with CAUTION.
A crackle type tune requires extra fuel and negative ignition timing to create a crackle effect during deceleration which can cause damage to engine components after prolonged use. We are not responsible for any damages to you or your vehicle."

Hmmm...

iddqd... idkfa... and away we go with god mode and all weapons/ammo I suppose?

I've never heard of them either... their tune makes close... but a little less power TSP based on the before/after delta you can buy with the disclaimer than sounds like it's detrimental for nearly 4x the price. (shrug) You can try it and find out I suppose. You'll save $4700 and a possible shanking from Drob. You can also search... there was someone in the last month or two that discussed how to mod basemaps to make a basemap accomplish this w/rev hang on and off from the cruise control being an effective way to disable. Might as well DITY and save $300. Youtube videos as well. It's just dumping fuel and retarding timing to let excess burning fuel blast past your exhaust valves... turbo... cats... making some noise in the process. God knows whether or not it'll hold up.

MutatedMango

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Civic Si FC3
Country flag
I don't buy the argument that catless is the only way to get pops and crackles. Current Mustang GTs will get all kinds of race car crackles with just a cat back. More to the point, here's an Si with mufflers deleted, crackles a bit at 3:40 on a stock tune.

Yeah I've noticed with the muffler delete if you're in first or second moving slowly (around or below 3k) and put the clutch in you get a crap ton of crackling and also in reverse like the video

Rustlinjimmies

First Name
Meh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
"Warning: The Phearable.net Ktuner Stage 1.5 Tune WITH GOD MODE should be used with CAUTION.
A crackle type tune requires extra fuel and negative ignition timing to create a crackle effect during deceleration which can cause damage to engine components after prolonged use. We are not responsible for any damages to you or your vehicle."

Hmmm...

iddqd... idkfa... and away we go with god mode and all weapons/ammo I suppose?

I've never heard of them either... their tune makes close... but a little less power TSP based on the before/after delta you can buy with the disclaimer than sounds like it's detrimental for nearly 4x the price. (shrug) You can try it and find out I suppose. You'll save $4700 and a possible shanking from Drob. You can also search... there was someone in the last month or two that discussed how to mod basemaps to make a basemap accomplish this w/rev hang on and off from the cruise control being an effective way to disable. Might as well DITY and save $300. Youtube videos as well. It's just dumping fuel and retarding timing to let excess burning fuel blast past your exhaust valves... turbo... cats... making some noise in the process. God knows whether or not it'll hold up.
I wouldn’t do it lol but I’m sure someone will I’d like to hear their review of it. But 300 bucks for some slight parameter changes seems a bit of a stretch imo

MutatedMango

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Civic Si FC3
Country flag
My car only crackles and pops if i have rev hang turned off... i never really needed a tune for the car to crackle and pop but you grow out of the sound real quick . All my car really needed to crackle and pop really loud was going full catless.
This is when my car was straight piped from the turbo back.
This sounds sick

Hondanickx

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 civic hatch , 2018 civic sedan 1.5T
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Phearable.net has been around a long time and was used a lot tuning the older engines h-series ,d-series,b-series,...