Can we increase LED DRL light output by changing led bulbs?

alpine86

Can we increase LED DRL light output by changing led bulbs inside?

10th gen civic here.
Sponsored

lzaffuto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback LX and 2001 Jeep Cherokee Classic
Country flag
The short answer is yes, you can, but it will be exceedingly difficult to do without badly messing something up. The long answer is that you will have to bake your headlights to pull them apart, pull out the circuit board, pull off the SMDs, re-solder new SMDs, then put your lights back together and pray they still work. If you were even thinking about doing this, I would highly suggest buying an extra set off ebay so you don't ruin your own.

kyle_agronick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX Sensing
Country flag
If you want brighter LEDs get some LED headlights off Amazon for like 50 bucks. I just got some Opt7s and they're loud as shit so I don't recommend them.

Any LEDs that are bright enough have heatsinks and fans so you'll never be able to make the DRLs bright enough to light up the road.

Brettjod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic LX
Country flag
The day times are bright enough. Any brighter and they will be very annoying to oncoming traffic.

Pearl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 CivicT
The short answer is yes, you can, but it will be exceedingly difficult to do without badly messing something up. The long answer is that you will have to bake your headlights to pull them apart, pull out the circuit board, pull off the SMDs, re-solder new SMDs, then put your lights back together and pray they still work. If you were even thinking about doing this, I would highly suggest buying an extra set off ebay so you don't ruin your own.
It's a little more Involved than that even. One would have to replace the drivers for a more, power-hungry COB. After that would be the matter of heat abatement. As of now, Halogen is still more effective.
Sponsored