Can we get a Type R specific Track Section?

Dave B

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvette Z06 (sold) 2020 CW
Country flag
There are a number of issues with tracking or competing with a type R and the answers to various questions are becoming increasingly more difficult to find on the forums.

There is this section (Tracking, Autocross/ HPDE) which does not appear to attract a lot of Type R interest but in the Type R sub sections, chassis, wheel and engine issues which may be specific to track situations, are buried within other questions like who has the prettiest wheels etc.

I do not want to appear snobby but many of the answers to questions about tracking the Type R are specific to that model.

I have emailed the moderator but no answer
Sponsored

dwag0588

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CW CTR, 2014 Mazda CX-5, 2006 NC Miata, 2018 Silverado 5.3 (work)
Country flag
I think a new sub forum inside the type r section would be appropriate. The car certainly has issues and considerations that are unique from the rest of the 10th gens. We seem to have a high percentage of forum users that are tracking/autocrossing the car.

OP
OP

Dave B

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvette Z06 (sold) 2020 CW
Country flag
Please note that there is now a similar section to this in the Type R section of the forums. The tracking issues with the Type R can be significantly different than other civics so please have a look if you have a Type R

decocamber

First Name
scot reilly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
That is like 12 gallons of gas in 40 miles. Impressive. It seems to becoming more common of an issue with "performance cars" overheating and going into limp mode. I remember the 370z got ragged on for this but we now have corvettes and $35k civics doing it that cost much more and advertised more aggressively. Seems really unacceptable.

Sponsored