Can someone verify the authenticity of these TE37s?

Gagerr

Energy green ;)
First Name
Gage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Looking to purchase these TE37s but wanted some input on the authenticity of them. I personally think they are real but I'm not very educated on it.

Another thing to add: the hub says "5x100" but the wheels are currently mounted on a 9th gen Civic (5x114.3). The guy selling them said he knows but they are 114.3 and that "Japan is weird"

Also says they are 17x8 but the hub kinda looks like it may say 17x8 1/2.
Honda Civic 10th gen Can someone verify the authenticity of these TE37s? dTCRDGQ

Honda Civic 10th gen Can someone verify the authenticity of these TE37s? atoWTm6

Honda Civic 10th gen Can someone verify the authenticity of these TE37s? iCfs68P

Boni

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Idk much but something looks off on the color, even the stickers.

OP
OP

Gagerr

Energy green ;)
First Name
Gage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Idk much but something looks off on the color, even the stickers.
It has been powder coated with new stickers

Jay_Tech

First Name
Jarrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Hard to say for sure. The stickers look like those used on the old te37s and it does have the correct RaysEng and Made in Japan stamping on the back. One definite way to check is have them weighed.

OP
OP

Gagerr

Energy green ;)
First Name
Gage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hard to say for sure. The stickers look like those used on the old te37s and it does have the correct RaysEng and Made in Japan stamping on the back. One definite way to check is have them weighed.
What should 17x8 TEs weigh?

Jay_Tech

First Name
Jarrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si
Country flag

Vic_L

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Looking to purchase these TE37s but wanted some input on the authenticity of them. I personally think they are real but I'm not very educated on it.

Another thing to add: the hub says "5x100" but the wheels are currently mounted on a 9th gen Civic (5x114.3). The guy selling them said he knows but they are 114.3 and that "Japan is weird"

Also says they are 17x8 but the hub kinda looks like it may say 17x8 1/2.
Either the seller is not being honest, or something sketching is going on.

Honda never used a 5x100 bolt pattern on the Civics, so the "mounted on a 9th Gen Civic" could be a lie.
It could be mounted on another car -- the Corolla uses a 5x100 bolt pattern, for an example.
Older model domestic cars (e.g. Chevy, Dodge) or EU manufacturers (e.g. VW on the GTI) uses this pattern.

"Japan is weird" is not true...
My Enkei PF07's came from the Japan factory (Texas factor had no stock), and I did not get that B.S.

The blue ring appears to be a hub ring adapter, which is fine, and typical.

The markings molded onto the back of the wheel seems to check out, though.
Then again, those can always be done on replica cast wheels, too.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Gagerr

Energy green ;)
First Name
Gage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I had them verified by an authorized dealer. They were in fact mounted on a 9th civic si. TE37s said 5x100 because that's what their weight limit is rated at (quoted from authorized dealer). Tes are now on the car and I love them! Stupid light wheels!

Friction

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The 690kg is likely the weight rating. how in the world would you believe 5x100 could be a weight rating? Each hole is probably oblong by ~2mm which isn't very noticeable and your lug nuts are not fully seated because the lugs come through the hole off center since it is a 5x100 wheel. I'd keep an eye on the lug nut torque periodically.

Well hell. Maybe japan is just weird. Or they're knock-offs because at that price point It seems ridiculous that RAYS couldn't afford a die insert change or whatever they use to make that casting...

https://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1402887

Last edited: