Can someone show me where the Fan switch is on a 2016 Honda civic

jay2kidd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016
Country flag
I’ve been looking for the thing for two days since my radiator is not coming on and I’ve checked all the fuses and relays but I’m unable to locate the switch. I plan to use the paperclip method to force the fan on to determine if I need a new fan or switch. Please someone :)
Sponsored

OP
OP

jay2kidd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016
Country flag
You could do a fan test:

Fan Test.JPG

Fan Control.JPG
I have one fan like the second diagram you showed. The fan has two connectors, do you know which one I plug directly to the motor? I was assuming the larger one but I'm unable to remove the connector.

I attached a picture, the connector with the white piece on it will not come off even when squeezing each side.

Honda Civic 10th gen Can someone show me where the Fan switch is on a 2016 Honda civic IMG-2187

DRUSA

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R 2000 Honda S2000
Country flag
Yeah, 10th gens aren't like an EK civic, you can't do that trick anymore. Everything is BCAN now, they use control units for everything. The fan power wire has a 30A fuse to it in the underhood fuse box, it's not one of the typical fuses that you are seeing, it's part of the multifuse in the box. It's one of the large black fuses that are 7 fuses in one that are bolted into the box using a 8mm bolt. Take it out and you'll probably find it's blown.

Question is why it's blown, did you get into an accident recently? I haven't seen a single 10th gen fan motor failure yet.

DRUSA

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R 2000 Honda S2000
Country flag
That large black fan connector uses a cam-lock. The white part of the connector is the lock. It will have a small tab that you lift on the white part and then rotate the white part down in a clockwise motion. If they are filled with dirt they will take some wiggling to work loose.
Sponsored