Can someone recommend better tires than the stock sport 6 tires made by continental?

CTRHONDATA

Banned
Banned
First Name
CK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
  • Banned
Curious to know why should put a different O.E tire on my type r?
Sponsored

OP
OP

CTRHONDATA

Banned
Banned
First Name
CK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
  • Banned
yeah i heard they are pretty good but do they really compete with the sport 6

Harlaquin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R and a beater ford focus
Country flag
If you are wanting to look into something different then the top dollar pilot tires take a look at the firestone firehawk indy 500 tire. Its half the price and you would be hard pressed to find a single negative review on them.

Harlaquin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R and a beater ford focus
Country flag
Planning to go pilot ps4’s when mine go out. Mainly because of the higher tread wear rating
I know this forum loves them some Michelin tires but. I was tire shopping last week and had two tire places tell me the same thing. They were overpriced overrated and never ever lasted as long as the warranty claims. Most only lasting about half. And you will always read this in reviews..." I had a set once" " they are great tires but I went with something else" seems a lot use them once and then move on heck even the guy here who works for them is asking about other tires LOL. Not picking on you Bostedream your post just made me think of it for some reason. They are good tires for track I guess but for daily they wear to fast and are way to expensive.

diakonia

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type-R, Accord, CRV
Country flag
If you want to keep your original 20” wheels Continental ExtremeContact DWS 06 in 245/35x20 and accept the speedometer error (60mph on the dash would be 62mph in reality) and 1/2" taller ride height.
They are all season, and the half inch taller makes a big difference when hitting potholes and bumps. Much more forgiving. I have had mine for 10,000 miles now and am very pleased with them. They handle almost like the oem tires. I bought mine at Discount Tire for $800 total.

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R, 2006 Mazda 6
Country flag
I would also consider the firehawk 500’s. Didn’t know they come in factory 20” sizes. I have 2,200 miles on my OE conti’s and the front tires are already touching the tread wear indicators

FifStreet

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 PMM Civic Type R '07 MR Fit Sport (RIP)
Country flag
Better for what purposes? Are you looking for a all-season? Summer performance? Winter tire? Autocross tire? Longest life? Best fuel economy?

You should be clear on your priorities before figuring out what is "best".
Sponsored