Can someone further explain these 3 Ktuner Adjustments?

CVCTURBO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport 6M
Country flag
Hey guys, got a 2018 Civic Sport and installed the V1.2 2 months ago. I flashed to the Starter Stage 2 Map (21psi).

I'm wanting to flash the end user Map so I can make adjustments.

That being said I want to know further more about these 3 enables. Can someone give me some general advice or knowledge on them please?

Thanks!

Honda Civic 10th gen Can someone further explain these 3 Ktuner Adjustments? Screenshot_20181222-202550
Sponsored

LightX

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Boost target dampening... In general, once it's disabled, your boost will climb from 0 to 21 as fast as it can rather than taking its time to go 0-4-10-14-18-21. It's a big pain in the ass if you're going uphill and just want a steady gas pressure but a slight incline again and you'll be hitting 21 boost almost as soon as you don't want. Don't recommend at all.

Early spool... As the name implies, you hit boost(example) at 1500rpm rather than the stock 3100rpm. Combine this with disable boost target dampening and you'll never love highway the same way again. Slight throttle from cruise and you'll hit boost like there's no tomorrow. Don't recommend at all.

Rev hang is just the hang. Engine spin in place for a quick second before cutting off gas. Great for smog when time comes. Recommend this to all drivers, rev hang can be turned on by pressing the cruise button with cruise lit on the dash.

That's pretty much the ideas of it. But hey, give it a shot. I did it once and never want to again lol.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
I 100% agree on never disabling ramp but early spool combined with a bit of improved part throttle turbo response does wonders for the car and reduces lag.

OP
OP
CVCTURBO

CVCTURBO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport 6M
Country flag
Boost target dampening... In general, once it's disabled, your boost will climb from 0 to 21 as fast as it can rather than taking its time to go 0-4-10-14-18-21. It's a big pain in the ass if you're going uphill and just want a steady gas pressure but a slight incline again and you'll be hitting 21 boost almost as soon as you don't want. Don't recommend at all.

Early spool... As the name implies, you hit boost(example) at 1500rpm rather than the stock 3100rpm. Combine this with disable boost target dampening and you'll never love highway the same way again. Slight throttle from cruise and you'll hit boost like there's no tomorrow. Don't recommend at all.

Rev hang is just the hang. Engine spin in place for a quick second before cutting off gas. Great for smog when time comes. Recommend this to all drivers, rev hang can be turned on by pressing the cruise button with cruise lit on the dash.

That's pretty much the ideas of it. But hey, give it a shot. I did it once and never want to again lol.

Really appreciate the further explanations and advice!
Sponsored