Can somebody please explain me how playing music on a USB stick works but in simple terms

Slowhite03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 sport touring
Country flag
I know there is a limit to 700 folders on the 10th gen, but is a mp3 considered a folder?

I only want to listen to my music shuffled, so I put it all in one folder but that folder has about 7000 songs, does that mean I have 7000 folders and it will only play the first 700 songs?

Also, I have a 64gb stick but apparently a 32gb works best, home come?

Last one, when I have an ipod in, my car remembers the last song I played from on shuffle, does a USB stick work the same way or will I have to shuffle Everytime I start my car?

Sorry for the noob questions but with the heat getting up there my ipod doesn't like being left in the car and I'm seeing if a USB stick would be ideal in the summer time for my music enjoyment
Sponsored

Nemesai285

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX Sedan
Country flag
I'm just amazed you have 7,000 songs you listen to on a drive lol. I know on my 1GB drive, I prefer organized genres to play so each genre has its own folder. With shuffle, don't even bother making a folder, just load directly to usb; Folders are just for organizing. For safety from heat exposure and theft, I just remove the usb and store in the house. Will also keep the usb connectors from wearing out.

bcrichster

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Sport 2.0L, 1998 Civic LX D16-MiniMe
Country flag
Put all music on root of flash drive, no songs in any folders..
Sponsored