Can I lower my Civic LX Hatch and get bigger wheels?

tcozier1

First Name
Tristan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatch LX
Country flag
I drive a 2017 Civic Hatchback LX, and I love it. I am getting a KTuner soon, and my next upgrade is either going to be some Eibach Lowering springs or new wheels. The LX OEM wheels are 16 inches (correct me if I'm wrong) and I want to get some 17 inch wheels and tires. I was doing some measurements, and if I did both, it looks like with a 1.4 and 1.2 front and rear drop and the extra inch from the wheels I would be hitting the wheel well. Is there something I am missing or should I make a choice.

Also, taking recommendations for tires and wheels; looking for black spoke wheels.

Thanks
Sponsored

e85sbm

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic EX-T
Country flag
The wheel will keep the same diameter - the only thing that would change is the size of the sidewall and wheel. Lots of choices for wheels and tires, only recommendation is to not go too aggressive on offset.

Eibach Sportlines are great springs, just need to watch for rubbing on the front screw

Green82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The wheel will keep the same diameter - the only thing that would change is the size of the sidewall and wheel. Lots of choices for wheels and tires, only recommendation is to not go too aggressive on offset.

Eibach Sportlines are great springs, just need to watch for rubbing on the front screw
Why do you consider as aggressive offset?

e85sbm

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic EX-T
Country flag
Why do you consider as aggressive offset?
Based on what I can tell from existing members, any offset that is lower than approx +35 to 40. Factory wheels have an offset of 50, so 15mm pushed further to the outside edge is probably the maximum you want to go, unless you want the tires to rub or the wheels to extend further than the wheel wells
Sponsored