rockyc92

First Name
Rocky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic hatchback sport cvt
Country flag
So lately I noticed that my car been making these knock like sound when Accelerating from a stop. You can hear it go bum bum and it feels like my car brakes just slam and there’s like a very quick delay before it speeds up. I only notice it when I hit the gas hard. I’m not sure if I’m being paranoid or not but I do feel like car is slower from a stop now too. Before you can hear my wheels spin out a bitwhen I accelerate but now It feels more sluggish. Can it be the traction control that is making those knocks. If so, I don’t recall it doing that before .I have a 2017 hatchback sport. Cvt Stock. Only mod is prl stage 1 and muffler delete. I don’t have a lot of in depth knowledge on cars and could use some help. Thanks!
Sponsored

Bugman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Coupe EX-T, 2016 Honda Civic Sedan EX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I don't think it's the traction control, mine has gone off and it has not made a noise like that. To test it turn off traction control and then run it.

w00t692

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150, 2005 TSX
Country flag
Sounds like exactly what the focus st and fiesta st and the mazdaspeed 3 have problems with with stock motor mounts. Engine torquing. That might not actually be what it is but it sounds identical.

AV-EXT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic EX-T 2016
Country flag
So lately I noticed that my car been making these knock like sound when Accelerating from a stop. You can hear it go bum bum and it feels like my car brakes just slam and there’s like a very quick delay before it speeds up. I only notice it when I hit the gas hard. I’m not sure if I’m being paranoid or not but I do feel like car is slower from a stop now too. Before you can hear my wheels spin out a bitwhen I accelerate but now It feels more sluggish. Can it be the traction control that is making those knocks. If so, I don’t recall it doing that before .I have a 2017 hatchback sport. Cvt Stock. Only mod is prl stage 1 and muffler delete. I don’t have a lot of in depth knowledge on cars and could use some help. Thanks!
Had the same problem about a week ago. Went to dealership to check my car and they found problem, it was a broken motor mount.
They fixed that and sound likes knock gone away.

Last edited:

motoguy128

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring Sedan
Sure it's not "wheel hop". Motor mount will definitely do this. I've also had knocking on a Audi Q5 from a subframe bolt being not fully torqued. Not sure the civic has a subframe. Germans love sub frame assemblies.

KCalB

First Name
OMAR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10th gen civic RS
Country flag
Which mount was it? Facing similar noise. Mine feels like a knock though. Some times it's there and some times it's not
Sponsored

Last edited: