Can driver assist features in the ST hatch be turned off?

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 ST Hatch
Country flag
Individually or collectively?

Considering ordering a ST hatch, but I need to be able to defeat some features under certain conditions.
Sponsored

duraz0rz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring - Sonic Grey
Country flag
Which features, specifically? ACC can be switched to standard cruise control. LKAS is a toggle. RDMS is turned off by default. I think the Collision mitigation system can be turned off in the Settings menu.

_dc_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
RDMS is turned off by default.
Road Departure Mitigation System is ON by default.

There are buttons behind the steering wheel on the left hand side to turn off RDM, CMBS and VSA. They all default back to ON when you shut off the car.

Note that pushing the VSA button doesn't fully disable VSA, it simply dampens it. To fully shut off VSA, there is an elaborate button/brake pedal sequence to go through.

Honda Civic 10th gen Can driver assist features in the ST hatch be turned off? safety-07

Last edited:
OP
OP

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 ST Hatch
Country flag
Lots of construction here and lane paint is not always correct.

duraz0rz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring - Sonic Grey
Country flag
Road Departure Mitigation System is ON by default.

There are buttons behind the steering wheel on the left hand side to turn off RDM, CMBS and VSA. They all default back to ON when you shut off the car.

Note that pushing the VSA button doesn't fully disable VSA, it simply dampens it. To fully shut off VSA, there is an elaborate button/brake pedal sequence to go through.
RDM has always been off by default for me ever since I got the car.

exyia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 SportTouring Hatch, 2010 EvoX SE
Country flag
Same situation around my area. You can change lane departure warning to be just a warning and not a wheel shake in the center tablet submenu, buried somewhere under the settings tab. That made the feature far less annoying

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Sport Touring Hatch; '17 CR-V EX. Formerly '02 EP3.
Country flag
The RDM On/Off button works well enough to make the car ignore incorrect lane striping. There's a stretch on my commute that triggers RDM when it's "on", but RDM gives no warning when it's "Off".

Basically, every safety nanny can be toggled on and off while driving without using the Settings menu (including the automatic high beams). You'd use the Settings to adjust the sensitivity of some systems, such as when the headlights automatically turn on.
Sponsored