Can changing your interior lights harm your electrics?

Syntaxis

First Name
Charley
Threads
Reaction score
Website
syntaxiscs.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic LX
Country flag
Hey, I’m thinking of changing my interior lights (map, dome, and trunk lights) from the stock ones to either white or blue leds. After asking my father for his advice on which color I should do he strongly advised me not to switch to leds as they can “apparently” cause electrical systems and possibly a fire if they draw less power than the oems. Now is there any truth to this statement and do I really have to worry? I assume not since a lot of people do this mod but he’s put doubts in my head and I just want to make sure.
Sponsored

Velonici

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 EX Hatchback, 2004 Toyota 4Runner
Country flag
I have never heard that and honestly it makes no sense. Why would drawing less power cause issues?

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Millions of people have used LED bulbs in their interiors without any issues and most manufacturers either have them or offer them as an optional interior light upgrade. Don't know where your father is getting his info but he needs to switch.

logan5

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I switched out all of my interior, brake, trunk, and license plate lights with LED's with no issues. Just get good quality lamps.

Jason Baker

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I switched out all my lights to LED two years ago. No issues at all and I can’t imagine why drawing less amps would be an issue.??
Wait! Maybe that’s why the rod went through the block!?!?’
You may be on to something here!