Can anyone recommend a good line level converter? 2017 Hatchback Sport Touring

tenshiro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring 6MT, 2014 Mitsubishi RVR LE, 2018 Civic Type R #14978
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey guys, planning on removing my current setup in my RVR (will be giving this car to my dad, he has no need for a good sound system:)) and into my sport touring. Current set up is an Alpine MRV-M500 and 2 12" Clarion subs. The shop I'm having it done at said I would also need a line level converter since I want to keep the stock infotainment system. After doing a bit of research, I still have no idea what I'm looking for. Can any of you audiophiles recommend a good line level converter that hopefully...isn't too expensive? :headbang:
Sponsored

SUMSUM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport
Hey guys, planning on removing my current setup in my RVR (will be giving this car to my dad, he has no need for a good sound system:)) and into my sport touring. Current set up is an Alpine MRV-M500 and 2 12" Clarion subs. The shop I'm having it done at said I would also need a line level converter since I want to keep the stock infotainment system. After doing a bit of research, I still have no idea what I'm looking for. Can any of you audiophiles recommend a good line level converter that hopefully...isn't too expensive? :headbang:
I just got my subs and amp installed on my Sport by geek squad and the installer recommended Metra's TC-LOC2 which they carry for 15 bucks! Sounds great too

Honda Civic 10th gen Can anyone recommend a good line level converter? 2017 Hatchback Sport Touring Screenshot_20170508-022212

SSGCoxie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic HB Sport, 6MT, Sonic Gray
Country flag

Trey

R-00621
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR #00621
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Looking at the online manual brings one question: Does the Line Output Converter BRIDGE onto the channels from the head unit to the speakers or TERMINATE the head unit output and replace those speakers ?
The LC2 takes the speaker wires from the factory headunit and converts it to RCAs. No Wattage/Voltage/Ohms involved. You can then use RCA cables to connect to an amp or other signal processing equipment.

Honda Civic 10th gen Can anyone recommend a good line level converter? 2017 Hatchback Sport Touring LC2

If you want to get fancy...

Honda Civic 10th gen Can anyone recommend a good line level converter? 2017 Hatchback Sport Touring audio

SSGCoxie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
The LC2 takes the speaker wires from the factory headunit and converts it to RCAs. No Wattage/Voltage/Ohms involved. You can then use RCA cables to connect to an amp or other signal processing equipment.

LC2.jpg

If you want to get fancy...

audio.jpg
Thank you for the assistance, but in a Sub-only application like OP's, is the 2 channel LC2i that feeds the subwoofer amp tapped off of a speaker set or replacing a speaker set?

Trey

R-00621
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR #00621
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thank you for the assistance, but in a Sub-only application like OP's, is the 2 channel LC2i that feeds the subwoofer amp tapped off of a speaker set or replacing a speaker set?
Ahh, you would cut the speaker wire from the headunit and connect them to the LC2i. You would then connect the LC2i to an amp and then connect to the speakers. Not sure if you can tap into the rear speaker wire to run a sub amp and OEM rear speakers.

SSGCoxie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
ah. Looks like a quick bass package will be more involved than I thought!

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Sport Touring Hatch; '17 CR-V EX. Formerly '02 EP3.
Country flag
Current set up is an Alpine MRV-M500 and 2 12" Clarion subs. The shop I'm having it done at said I would also need a line level converter since I want to keep the stock infotainment system.
Is this an accurate page for your amp?
https://www.amazon.com/MRV-M500-1-Channel-Amplifier-Absolute-Complete/dp/B01LWDH6L9

It says it's got speaker-level inputs -- is that right?

What I'd try for a quick-n'-dirty install is to just take out the Sport Touring's sub and hook its speaker wires into the Alpine amp, then run the Clarion subs just like before.

You're already getting a low-pass signal from the stock HU, right? Run your sub-and-amp combo with this audio source and see what it sounds like.

It might be good enough to not need a line-level convertor. If the Clarions play too loud, you can turn down the Alpine's gain anyway (I hope).

Trey

R-00621
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR #00621
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
https://www.amazon.com/MRV-M500-1-Channel-Amplifier-Absolute-Complete/dp/B01LWDH6L9

What I'd try for a quick-n'-dirty install is to just take out the Sport Touring's sub and hook its speaker wires into the Alpine amp, then run the Clarion subs just like before.

You're already getting a low-pass signal from the stock HU, right? Run your sub-and-amp combo with this audio source and see what it sounds like.

It might be good enough to not need a line-level convertor. If the Clarions play too loud, you can turn down the Alpine's gain anyway (I hope).
Spot on! Here is the wiring guide:

Honda Civic 10th gen Can anyone recommend a good line level converter? 2017 Hatchback Sport Touring IMG_4625.JPG

OP
OP
tenshiro

tenshiro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring 6MT, 2014 Mitsubishi RVR LE, 2018 Civic Type R #14978
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks everyone for your input and advice.

Yea that's my current amp. I'll definitely give that a try when I have time. I'm overseas for work and I'm itching to get back to driving her again :D

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Sport Touring Hatch; '17 CR-V EX. Formerly '02 EP3.
Country flag
The last time I did any audio stuff to my car was.. holy crap, almost thirty years ago.

When I added a sub and amp, I got a 2x50W amp, ran the front mains normally from the amp, bridged the sub across both amp outputs, and did the high- and low-pass bit without an extra controller box. I put high-pass caps on the main speakers and a low-pass coil on the sub. The cheap-ass setup fooled a lot of people into thinking I had spent more money than I really did. ;)
Sponsored