Can anybody help me with a MAF curve tune on the Ktuner Platform?

DOC101

First Name
Burhan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic lx
Country flag
So long story short I installed a K & N cold air intake & when the car is warm and I hit the gas, I get lag in the RPM's. It gets stuck in the 2500 RPM range for like 1-3 seconds, it's like the car goes limp for a few seconds and then it catches it feet and the RPM's start going up. I disconnected the battery for an hour. I checked for any air leaks, I drove for over 300 miles, I cleaned out the Mass Air Flow sensor & cleaned out the throttle body, but still get the same result. I know some people have had this issue as well but I can't find a definitive answer for this. I have seen and talked to people who have the same CAI & car & have been running this setup with no issues for years. I have a 2016 Civic 2.0L & I just now flashed my ECU with the only tune that is available from Ktuner for that specific engine.

After the tune, I now get lag in both the lower & upper RPMS. I contacted Ktuner and they said that what Im describing, Ill need a MAF curve tune, which I can do on the Ktuner Platform. I dont know much about cars or tuning, but if anybody can please help me I would greatly appreciate it
Sponsored

V3N0M_VZL4

First Name
Mauricio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic SI
Country flag
that is not easy to fix this cost me hours of dataloging and fine tunning the car using the MAF scaling feature in the Ktuner, i can give you some lights but first you need to know how off is the Air/fuel ratio, LTFT and STFT, i receive some help from @chuenoona but i finally i figure out the way to do it.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
From what I know, the K&N is one of those intakes that can throw your fuel trims off. What kind of LTFTs are you seeing?

kadireren

First Name
kadir
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5T Hatchback Sport + CVT (182ps)
Country flag
So long story short I installed a K & N cold air intake & when the car is warm and I hit the gas, I get lag in the RPM's. It gets stuck in the 2500 RPM range for like 1-3 seconds, it's like the car goes limp for a few seconds and then it catches it feet and the RPM's start going up. I disconnected the battery for an hour. I checked for any air leaks, I drove for over 300 miles, I cleaned out the Mass Air Flow sensor & cleaned out the throttle body, but still get the same result. I know some people have had this issue as well but I can't find a definitive answer for this. I have seen and talked to people who have the same CAI & car & have been running this setup with no issues for years. I have a 2016 Civic 2.0L & I just now flashed my ECU with the only tune that is available from Ktuner for that specific engine.

After the tune, I now get lag in both the lower & upper RPMS. I contacted Ktuner and they said that what Im describing, Ill need a MAF curve tune, which I can do on the Ktuner Platform. I dont know much about cars or tuning, but if anybody can please help me I would greatly appreciate it
Ä°f you have a datalog, upload it and let us take a look how bad it is.

chuenoona

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic LX, 2001 Acura CL Type-S
Country flag
Yeah this intake is great sound wise and performance … but will cause you to be lean by 25%

In summary
just data log how much fuel is being added during acceleration and cruising … if you see STFT adding 20% fuel … go to maf scaling adjust the maf scaling g/s by -20% to get it close to zero as possible … at idle you may not need to adjust mat scaling … but depends on your data logs

Roz4y

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport CVT
Country flag
Having a near identical issue. Thought it was the injectors changed those now I’m going to go through and fine tune my Tune for MaF scaling. I will also upload my data logs to see if you guys can help me out and get this cleared!
Sponsored