Can’t catch a break. Another car hit my car for a second time.

TANSTAAFL

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Type R, Championship White
Country flag
That sucks. I feel for you; it is so frustrating when dirtballs hit and run like that. Almost certainly never get caught either. No clue on the parts, though.

Robot3RK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport CVT
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Did you catch the video of the perpetrator who did it? It would be a good idea to get a hidden dash cam with a parking monitor for future incidents like this.

OP
OP
nm797

nm797

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Type R CW
Country flag
Did you catch the video of the perpetrator who did it? It would be a good idea to get a hidden dash cam with a parking monitor for future incidents like this.
Unfortunately I did not. And I’m definitely going to be installing a hidden dash cam after this. Main concern is finding parts for repair.

OrchidFc3

First Name
Holly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 1996 ITR, 1992 SI
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Wow some people eh!

tacthecat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Report it to insurance for claim and to law enforcement for record. Parts are likely impossible to get within the next 6 months due to Covid & Swindon shutting down. Best have it checked and if necessary make driveable, even with the embarrassment, until parts are available.

BlueFalcon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Last: 19 ABM FK8 - Now: 21 SGP FK8
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I would be sure to have the insurance adjuster allot for a suspension check/alignment. If it was hit hard enough to move the car from a lateral impact, then I would definitely want both sides checked out- especially if it sandwiched the wheels between car and curb.

Byron Sexton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mazdaspeed6, 2020 Civic Type R SGP #36784
Country flag
Yeah i would for sure get a police report and call your insurance. Yes parts for the Type R are low...Someone on this forum has been waiting for Months for parts. Thanks Corona Virus smh

MadMage

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Type R
Country flag
IMO, everyone with a Type R should have front and rear dash cams with parking mode. I wouldn't worry about "hiding" them, if you place them well 99% of people will never see them as is. There is my write-up and another that detail how to do it and conceal all the wires etc that makes it pretty straight forward. Well worth the investment.

Byron Sexton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
IMO, everyone with a Type R should have front and rear dash cams with parking mode. I wouldn't worry about "hiding" them, if you place them well 99% of people will never see them as is. There is my write-up and another that detail how to do it and conceal all the wires etc that makes it pretty straight forward. Well worth the investment.
Do you recommend any brand ?

MadMage

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Type R
Country flag
Do you recommend any brand ?
I picked BlackVue and bought from the DashCam Store.

For me, I did not want a large cam, and did not need a built in viewer. So I liked how their are small. If you look at this thread, you can see that the front cam is virtually hidden by the rearview mirror. As a driver, I never see it.

I did not go with the 4k video, though if you can afford it, it would be nice to have to better make out the license plate and driver face if needed. BlackVue has a pretty wide selection of cams, you can go for ones a mid-grade like I did, or go with cloud connectivity and such.

My install guide here; https://www.civicx.com/forum/thread...-20-ctr-w-honda-sensing-and-hardwiring.51548/

Quip

First Name
Paper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rallye Red
Country flag
Dash cam my friend. You can get a really good one for around $150 with front and rear cameras with parking mode monitoring.

too many jackholes out there.

Byron Sexton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
you look like you park on the street of a city in those row homes. SMH that is def a recipe for someone hitting your shit.

Crowe

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
Not sure if this would help but I've noticed that people have been vindicated lately by the smart doorbells that tons of people have nowadays. Could be worth a shot to ask see if any nearby houses have a smart doorbell and see if they caught anything.
Sponsored