What version to buy?

• Total voters

Turboroe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Touring 1.5L 2018
Country flag
Hi guys, i´m new to the forum so if I do anything wrong please let me know.

Well, I have settled for a Civic G10 but I just can´t decide which version to pick.

There is the Touring with 1.5 Turbo motor, lots of power, very "stock tuneable", but only comes with CVT (no MT option in Brazil).
And there is the Sport 2.0 MT... less power, less tuneable, but with MT.

About me: I like speed, power and responsiveness. I hate Automatic Transmissions because of lags everywhere, but I recently drove a Fit with CVT and found the CVT to be quite good compared to geared AT´s, and I would be willing to take a shot, although I´ve always been a MT guy.

So, in a simple question, for you guys that like to drive fast, will the CVT be good, last long enough and be enjoyable? Or should I stick to the 2.0 MT ?

Thanks.
Sponsored

Syntek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If you love to mod and desire more power, I'd go with the 1.5L with CVT. I had a 2016 EX-T in CVT (No MT unfortunately), and I found it very enjoyable after it was tuned and enjoyed the fact there were a lot of aftermarket options in performance. Tuning the car managed to get rid of some of the lag from the CVT. The transmission held up fine though I did have issues with the injectors at some point (warranty took care of it).

racer

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si sedan.
Country flag
cvt.. ugh... Is there a large price gap between the two? Have you test driven either one? I'd stick with the 2.0 Manual.

OP
OP
Turboroe

Turboroe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Touring 1.5L 2018
Country flag
cvt.. ugh... Is there a large price gap between the two? Have you test driven either one? I'd stick with the 2.0 Manual.
The touring 1.5 costs 37% more (sport is R$ 95k and touring is R$ 130k). But the touring version has many other items that could justify the price difference.

Bpfohio

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Sedan
Country flag
I went with the 2.0 MT. Had an 06 civic with the cvt and at 83k it started shuttering and having problems shifting so I wanted a manual to avoid that in the future. Plus I know that the oil dilution problem would drive me crazy, especially if Honda doesn't fix it.
Sponsored