Camera Angle with aftermarket head unit

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Factory radio on sport hatch had nice cam, but no android auto ???

Are you sure that your car does not have Android Auto ???
I thought the 2019 sports did ??
Mine had the 5" display. BT, USB, aux, but no android auto. The sport hatch has same stuff as LX hatch, but black trim, black rims, sport pedals and more HP.
With the sedans, I think it had the larger screen with Android auto and carplay. Hatchbacks were different. You had to get EX or better.
Sponsored

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
Mine had the 5" display. BT, USB, aux, but no android auto. The sport hatch has same stuff as LX hatch, but black trim, black rims, sport pedals and more HP.
With the sedans, I think it had the larger screen with Android auto and carplay. Hatchbacks were different. You had to get EX or better.
One of biggest problems with Honda and the way they advertise their cars .. there is no direct comparison table between models & trims. It's like pulling teeth, and virtually impossible to find out exactly how each model and trim vary from each other.

So you have the 5" display "COLOR DISPLAY" -- which I am not that familiar with, so before I say anything more, or give any recommendations, I need to educate myself, so I do not talk a load of BS (and have everyone jump on me for being an idiot !!)

Last edited:

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
One of biggest problems with Honda and the way they advertise their cars .. there is no direct comparison table between models & trims. It's like pulling teeth, and virtually impossible to find out exactly how each model and trim vary from each other.

So you have the 5" display "COLOR DISPLAY" -- which I am not that familiar with, so before I say anything more, or give any recommendations, I need to educate myself, so I do not talk a load of BS (and have everyone jump on me for being an idiot !!)
OK.. I am no wiser !!!

If I was you, I don't really know what I would do. Any upgrade to your car with a Honda 7" Unit is ridiculously expensive.

What you do not have is Navigation built into the car, or by Android Autdo.

you have AM, FM, Bluetooth, and USB (to play music on a flash drive).

What I would probably do is to get a decent Smartphone Mount, and use my Phone for GPS, as well as to stream music via Bluetooth to the car audio.
If you use Google Maps for the GPS, you can talk to it, so no need to touch the phone that much.

Just keep your Civic Radio to be your Sound System & backup camera, and then make your Smartphone you main APP runner.

There are many apps that cannot run across Android Auto, so you are not missing out on much -- your smartphone is probably faster and more powerful, and flexible, than even the 2019 high end Infotainment system.

I can understand how you ended up with a trim that was not really what you really wanted, after you found out what you really had purchased -- something that Honda makes it very difficult to do before you actually get the car, and then it's too late.

Since basically all Civic system, even the high end ones, are so Dated, and behind the time, but so tightly customized and integrated into the car, that it is a total PITA to change anything.

Your NEXT car will be different !!! You will be that much wiser and more informed.

87elco

First Name
Tj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 el camino ls swap, 18 civic 6speed, 86 Porsche 911 (euro spec)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Alpine makes new stock looking pieces
Sponsored