Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag

A2typeR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si sedan (TSP stage 1) 2016 Mazda Miata Club (Brembo BBS pack)
Country flag
@y2kprofesor

I test drove a GLI, they really improved the overall handling and look of the car especially the interior.

However the GTI is still better looking!

But nice upgrade

OP
OP
amirza786

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
@y2kprofesor

I test drove a GLI, they really improved the overall handling and look of the car especially the interior.

But nice upgrade
I would buy an 86 GTI as a weekend/project car as I have a lot of nostalgia for it. The 1986 GTI was my first "performance" car. I used to race all over the streets of LA with it, do a lot of canyon carving down Sunset Blvd and Pacific Coast hwy, which is probably one of the most scenic roads in America. If I ever find one at the right price and find time to restore one, I will make it a project with my son

mjh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si 2020 Sedan; Previously VW Jetta SEL 2016 (auto); Civic EX Sedan 2009 (manual); Civic EX Coupe 2002 (manual)
Country flag
@y2kprofesor

But nice upgrade
I was very impressed with the GLI when I test drove it. But I'm concerned about reliability of the model, plus the addition of adaptive cruise for the 2020 Si may be a clincher for me.

OP
OP
amirza786

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
were you just leading us on with this thread?
No. I had no plans until I found out my friend was selling his IS. He drove down over the weekend, and I made a decision after talking to my wife yesterday. I will admit that I had the bug in me, but no plans to sell.

Friends don't lead friends on

Honda_RacerX

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si
Country flag
No. I had no plans until I found out my friend was selling his IS. He drove down over the weekend, and I made a decision after talking to my wife yesterday. I will admit that I had the bug in me, but no plans to sell.

Friends don't lead friends on
your heart has always been with toyota, and the si couldnt change that. i guess it wasnt meant to be.

maybe one day youll want a fun car again and youll find yourself back in a honda.

OP
OP
amirza786

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
your heart has always been with toyota, and the si couldnt change that. i guess it wasnt meant to be.

maybe one day youll want a fun car again and youll find yourself back in a honda.
Actually, if I bought an Accord, I would have kept it. It's more about driving something more comfortable and quiet. You'll see when you get my age. But who knows, I might get the urge again in a few years and pick up a used 10th gen Si

garoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 RYP S2K, 18 CW CTR
Country flag
Such a different car. It’s a grocery getter, a one wheel drive, big, heavy, and with Toys ‘R Us plastic inside. I do like Toyota’s V6. But you did yourself a favor by sticking to the Si. All the stuff you described you liked about the Camry will wear out on your brain and they’ll fade into the background. With the Si, the fun is just always there, and each drive is always different.

OP
OP
amirza786

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Such a different car. It’s a grocery getter, a one wheel drive, big, heavy, and with Toys ‘R Us plastic inside. I do like Toyota’s V6. But you did yourself a favor by sticking to the Si. All the stuff you described you liked about the Camry will wear out on your brain and they’ll fade into the background. With the Si, the fun is just always there, and each drive is always different.
Yikes, I guess you didn't read my latest thread. I ended up buying a used Lexus IS 350. You can read my thread on that...

A2typeR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si sedan (TSP stage 1) 2016 Mazda Miata Club (Brembo BBS pack)
Country flag
You are basically describing the Si, just substitute the Toyota(Honda) V6(I4) and put fun in front of grocery getter and maybe not that in front of heavy. Everything else is pretty accurate.

It’s not like he is going from a formula 1 car to driving a school bus...

OP
OP
amirza786

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
You are basically describing the Si, just substitute the Toyota(Honda) V6(I4) and put fun in front of grocery getter and maybe not that in front of heavy. Everything else is pretty accurate.

It’s not like he is going from a formula 1 car to driving a school bus...
I've done plenty of grocery runs in my Si....

OP
OP
amirza786

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
What he's saying is the SI is a FUN grocery getter, the camry/IS is not
Yeah, I got that. It all depends, are you driving to the grocery store in traffic? Than in that case it's no fun. Is the grocery store at the end of a windy road, like the one my aunt goes to in her small mountain town of Three Rivers, CA about 220 miles from where I live? Then yes
Sponsored