Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yo! Check around and see if you can find any cameras in the parking lot, if not, ask the stores manager. If there is footage at least you can submit it to the cops.
Sorry that ruined up you day man.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Rickmeister 48

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So,I pulled up to the body shop today to get the estimate, and the guy says " hey Rick", so that tells you how often I've dealt with this shop. Between my son's car being rear ended and smashed, a tree falling on my Tercel and smashing the roof and windshield,to my last incident where someone messed up the bumper on this Civic, they've always done great work,which is warranted for life, so I definitely trust this place.
So, they said they can fix it without having to replace the trunk lid.
This guy works directly with my insurance company, and he said the same thing as the cop who took my report.
There's no way to say for sure it was hit with another vehicle, and since I wasn't in the car and it was parked,that at the least, it should be under uninsured motorist/ property damage, which drops my deductible from 500.00 to 250.00.
When I got the email from the insurance,Wich was right away, they still had it listed as collision with another car hitting me and a 500.00 deductible. Guy said talk to the person in charge of my claim, and if they don't fix it ask for a supervisor.
So, I'm hoping they won't give me any issues, and waiting to hear back from them.
It's going on on Monday, which is pretty quick as they are usually swamped and two weeks behind, so im glad about that.
Thanks for all the support you guys showed, it really was something that made me kinda sick.

ITGRAD

Love my Civic!!!
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring and 2015 Lexus CT200h
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
A similar issue happened to me at Walmart except it was a Walmart cart attendant who banged the crap out of our Lexus. Walmart offered $500 but I took it to a body shop and they quoted $1577. Took the quote to Walmart and they reviewed the camera footage and cut me a check for $1577. Took about a week to get.

OP
OP
Rickmeister 48

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
A similar issue happened to me at Walmart except it was a Walmart cart attendant who banged the crap out of our Lexus. Walmart offered $500 but I took it to a body shop and they quoted $1577. Took the quote to Walmart and they reviewed the camera footage and cut me a check for $1577. Took about a week to get.
My damage was slightly under 1000.00, but I would of laughed at them when they offered 500.00. At least they did end up giving you the whole amount you needed.

briq4

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring
Country flag
Did they put a new CIVIC decal on or did they remove the blue?

OP
OP
Rickmeister 48

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Did they put a new CIVIC decal on or did they remove the blue?
They put a new one on. Whatever hit me, it tore some of the plastidip so it would of started peeling off eventually.
Sponsored