jbrown

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
So I’ve been having this issue for a while. Posted on Instagram and Facebook maybe a thread here can’t hurt either.

ive been bagged a little over 1.5 years and on aftermarket wheels for over a year. Added camber plates right after I got new wheels (not aggressive specs, 18x8.5 +35).

my camber plates add 3* supposedly if maxed out. I have maxed out my driver side and the wheel comes to what seems to be 0* camber. My passenger side is nearly maxed out and has 2* I believe and fits nicely how I want it to.

I’ve taken it to my alignment shop and they aren’t sure. Nothing looks broken bent or out of place when it comes to my suspension from what I’ve seen. Really not sure.

I’ll add pictures and videos tomorrow!
Sponsored

L8apex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 SGP Sport
Country flag
First of all, has the car been on an alignment rack and what are those readings? Because “seems to be 0” isn’t much to go by if your target is matching the other side at 2 degrees.

And it’s kinda weird that camber plates only get you to -2 degrees. I thought it would do more. Keep in mind if you want more negative camber, there are slotted ball joints that go at the bottom of the knuckle to get you more adjustment.

But to your original problem of getting even L/R camber at max adjustment, without throwing more parts at it, you can also loosen the bolts that hold the lower subframe and shift it to the side that needs more negative camber. It would only need a little bit if you’re only trying to split 2 degrees (-1 degree each side).

Also, I’m not sure if you’re trying to get more negative camber to tuck the wheels in, or less negative camber to straighten them up to preserve tire wear.

OP
OP

jbrown

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
@L8apex it’s been on an alignment rack. The passenger side is at 2* and it’s not maxed out. They advertise 3* on the plates. The driver side was maxed and was not anywhere near that. I’ll dig around for the sheet. I’m going to go in for another alignment here soon and will post photos of that too.

OP
OP

jbrown

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
The thing is it’s a very noticeable difference and even was affecting my fenders and fender liner for some time.

Im not even sure what to check at this point as to why one car I max the plate out and the wheel sits as if it has 0* camber. The passenger side I go 3/4 the way and it cambers more…..
Sponsored