Lightning13

First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Camaro SS 1LE
Country flag
There's a reason Hyundai and others (Mitsubishi), offer longer warranties.
Because they can back up their product? I imagine it helps boost brand confidence.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jimgor...east-reliable-rides-on-the-road/#5a0d623e52c7
Here’s how the major car brands stack up in terms of reliability, according to Consumer Reports:
  1. Lexus
  2. Toyota
  3. Mazda
  4. Subaru
  5. Kia
  6. Infiniti
  7. Audi
  8. BMW
  9. Mini
  10. Hyundai
  11. Porsche
  12. Genesis
  13. Acura
  14. Nissan
  15. Honda
https://www.businessinsider.com/most-reliable-car-brands-2019-jd-power-2019-6#4-ford-7
The market-research firm JD Power released in June its 2019 ranking of the most-reliable automotive brands.

The firm measured the number of problems reported by customers during the first 90 days of ownership for their new vehicles. Overall vehicle quality didn't change from 2018, the first year it has not improved since 2014.

Hyundai Motor Group took the top three spots with its Genesis, Kia, and Hyundai brands for the second year in a row.

Last edited:

Deleted member

The Consumer Reports reliability is misleading and has been debunked routinely- they take into account all problems reported including ones that aren't real problems or are just the user not understanding how something works.

The true way to measure the quality of a car is to look at depreciation. Honda and Toyota are by far and away above every automaker in the world when it comes to making cars that are going to be very reliable for a very long time. It is going to take Hyundai and Kia decades to change their reputation from being just about the absolute worst car maker to being one that makes decent cars. Today, driving a Kia or a Hyundai says "I couldn't afford anything better and or I know nothing about cars". Driving a Genesis says "I couldn't afford a real luxury brand".

Shred

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
First 90 days as a measure of reliability? Yeah Honda isn't as bulletproof as it was before maybe but I really doubt that's an accurate measurement of reliability long-term. Dodge being in the top 10, tied with Toyota, is a huge red BS flag to me. Also isn't Nissan having transmissions blow at 40K? That might be less common and overblown like the Civic/CR-V oil dilution issues though.

Outside of the 1.5T engine issues, I don't really see many consistent complaints against Honda around. Not sure how they are being ranked so low.

OP
OP
Lightning13

Lightning13

First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Camaro SS 1LE
Country flag
@thatonedaveguy
Show me proof that CR is full of it.

Today, driving a Kia or a Hyundai says "I couldn't afford anything better and or I know nothing about cars".
What an extremely ignorant thing to say, like "modern pony cars can't turn".

@Shred I agree, Dodge & Nissan are garbage and the list is questionable. But they still list Hyundai brands as top 3 and I'm aware it's only taking 90 days into account. But i'm consistently seeing the name Hyundai on the nice list regardless of who's doing the measurements. Most car reviewers are saying the VN is a good buy.

SavageOrange

Raise Hell Eat Cornbread
First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 BMW S100RR, 2014 Ridgeline Sport
Country flag
Owns a Hyundai 3 days...will defend until death. LOL

I'm not saying it's a good or bad car, I really DGAF. You bought it not me. I was simply pointing out a fact (you read into it what you did, I never said anything about reliability).

I'm not bashing, just calling it like I see it. It's also why you don't see rebates on certain manufacturers as well (I'll leave out names as to not hurt feelings).

OP
OP
Lightning13

Lightning13

First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Camaro SS 1LE
Country flag
Owns a Hyundai 3 days...will defend until death. LOL

I'm not saying it's a good or bad car, I really DGAF. You bought it not me. I was simply pointing out a fact (you read into it what you did, I never said anything about reliability).

I'm not bashing, just calling it like I see it. It's also why you don't see rebates on certain manufacturers as well (I'll leave out names as to not hurt feelings).
I can read these "I'm right you're wrong" posts all day long, but unless I get hit with multiple trusted sources, it's all hearsay; a la, fake news.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Hyundai resale value/reliability isn't as bad as most here will tell you. But hey, what would you expect?

My 15 years of Hyundai/Kia ownership was as problem free and fun as all my Honda ownership was. My $16,000 2002 Elantra GT hatch got me $7500 in 2010. I thought that was damn good.

OP
OP
Lightning13

Lightning13

First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Camaro SS 1LE
Country flag
Hyundai resale value/reliability isn't as bad as most here will tell you. But hey, what would you expect?

My 15 years of Hyundai/Kia ownership was as problem free and fun as all my Honda ownership was. My $16,000 2002 Elantra GT hatch got me $7500 in 2010. I thought that was damn good.
I can tell you, i'm expecting more out of this then I got out of my 2014 Chevrolet Camaro lol.

The tribalism of some of these posters is mildly annoying. I like Honda, I like Toyota, i'm giving Hyundai a chance based on multiple sources of evidence. Without our own personal experiences, it's the next best thing.

SavageOrange

Raise Hell Eat Cornbread
First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I can read these "I'm right you're wrong" posts all day long, but unless I get hit with multiple trusted sources, it's all hearsay; a la, fake news.
Never said I'm right and you're wrong. You want a fight, go to a bar.

OP
OP
Lightning13

Lightning13

First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Camaro SS 1LE
Country flag
Never said I'm right and you're wrong. You want a fight, go to a bar.
Kindly point out where I said the "i'm right you're wrong" posts were in regards to your posts? I was making a general statement.

SavageOrange

Raise Hell Eat Cornbread
First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Kindly point out where I said the "i'm right you're wrong" posts were in regards to your posts? I was making a general statement.
Day drinking friend? Good on ya

Well you quoted my post. Typically one does that in response to the poster

OP
OP
Lightning13

Lightning13

First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Camaro SS 1LE
Country flag
Day drinking friend? Good on ya

A. You brought up you're right, I'm wrong
B. You quoted my post
But where did I specifically state that was for you? Did you misread "these posts" and replace it with "your posts"? Your reading comprehension is as bad as your insults.

SavageOrange

Raise Hell Eat Cornbread
First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
But where did I specifically state that was for you? Did you misread "these posts" and replace it with "your posts"? Your reading comprehension is as bad as your insults.
Then why quote my post? Still have yet to insult you hoss.

Be a real shame if a deer jumped out in front of ya though, a real shame :rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.