Caller on the other end hears an echo on CarPlay, but not Bluetooth. Any update on a fix?

wuaname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Si sedan
Country flag
Hey everyone, so essentially if I make a call from CarPlay, the caller on the other end hears an echo, but if unplug my phone and connect via Bluetooth, I can make a call from the head unit’s basic BT Phone function and the caller doesn’t hear an echo.

It seems the only fix I can find online is on the iPhone go to Settings > Cellular > Cellular Data Options > Enable LTE and change “voice and data” to just “data.” I have confirmed that this works, but then apps that are using data like Waze don’t work while the call is going. Also, when I’m not in the car I have to remember to turn it back to “voice and data” so I can use the internet when I’m on a phone call.

I’m just wondering if there is a more permanent solution?

I just got the car, 2019 Si. I never had this issue on my prior 10th gen, 2018 EX Hatch. I've switched cables as well and same problem.

Any suggestions? Oh, music through carplay sounds fine and I can hear the other party fine on a call.
Sponsored

Last edited:

SethNES

Banned
Banned
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Use the internet while on a phone call while in a car. You run your home office from your driver seat? Hopefully you aren't actually driving during all this.

Oh your talking about using apps more than browsing. Sorry disregard my comment I'm old. USB drive > streaming music

Last edited: