Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback CVT
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
So I was hanging around with a couple of my Honda friends who all run teggys and talking about the next year of what we were planning and my buddy looks at me and says "Blake just drop a K series into your hatch" and at first I thought he wasn't being serious. But then I remembered the modern Type R is running a K series essentially. So now the idea has been stuck in my head for a few days and I'm going to start researching it heavily. I know the basic components for an engine swap so I'm gonna start with compatibility and go from there. Made this a thread to update with my ramblings and finds.
Sponsored

OP
OP
bmfontdevila

bmfontdevila

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
OP
OP
bmfontdevila

bmfontdevila

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
My biggest hurdle beyond the engine would be doing a transmission swap as well. Why I'm leaning towards old K series engines. Those ECUs are hella cheaper then one out of a modern type R. A saving grace would be the driveshaft magically fitting perfectly but it's a car life and the chance of that is low.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 civic hb sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
i wonder how much a rear ended totaled type R would cost?
that would be the best to buy and swap all the parts to make a complete conversion

also an easier route would be a 2.0T accord engine

I have also thought of swapping to an older K engine but how would emission take that?

OP
OP
bmfontdevila

bmfontdevila

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
i wonder how much a rear ended totaled type R would cost?
that would be the best to buy and swap all the parts to make a complete conversion

also an easier route would be a 2.0T accord engine

I have also thought of swapping to an older K engine but how would emission take that?
I live in Florida I can essentially do whatever I want which is about the only perk to living in the state. The older k series would be what I end up going with. It'd be cheaper to piece together or even buy an old Acura as a donor car versus a totaled Type R