California TypeR Prices Paid

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
It's easier said then done. With this particular vehicle. We are playing their game and they are holding all the cards. I live in So Cali and we have many dealerships and most of them are playing the same games with similar ADM. only the select few get their cars with minimal ADM. Especially here in Cali we're it seems the demand outweigh the supply. Atleast for now it does. Dealers know they are getting 1or 2 units and they don't mind sitting on them for a long time if necessary. They are in no hurry to sell because eventually it will sell sooner or later and at their terms. This type of car makes a nice showroom piece so it's a win/win on their part.
I'd give up on purchasing in California if I was you. Probably will be impossible to find without ADM right now. I been looking as north as oregon, and as east as texas but still haven't had much luck ...
Sponsored

PwrOfDreams

It ain't a Type R then it ain't a tight car
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Other
Country flag
I'd give up on purchasing in California if I was you. Probably will be impossible to find without ADM right now. I been looking as north as oregon, and as east as texas but still haven't had much luck ...
This car is going to have markup no matter where you go. The difference is how much that would be. I have no luck either. Every place I went to is 10k and up

jonnys_honda

First Name
Jonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R #1288
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This car is going to have markup no matter where you go. The difference is how much that would be. I have no luck either. Every place I went to is 10k and up
Well I'll tell you my strategy.

Tell them the price you are willing to pay. And can leave a deposit over the phone to secure it. At least $6-7k down.

That's how I brought the ADM down from $15k to $7k (including accessories)

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
Well I'll tell you my strategy.

Tell them the price you are willing to pay. And can leave a deposit over the phone to secure it. At least $6-7k down.

That's how I brought the ADM down from $15k to $7k (including accessories)
I've been telling them I can leave a deposit / CC# and put down 10k if I can secure the vehicle for 45k OTD (which is the MAX i want to pay)... The issue is most of these dealers are either First Come First Serve / Pre Sold / or has a huge Waiting List... I know most people have started the search a lot earlier than I have but I been trying for like 4 months with no luck ...

jonnys_honda

First Name
Jonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R #1288
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I've been telling them I can leave a deposit / CC# and put down 10k if I can secure the vehicle for 45k OTD (which is the MAX i want to pay)... The issue is most of these dealers are either First Come First Serve / Pre Sold / or has a huge Waiting List... I know most people have started the search a lot earlier than I have but I been trying for like 4 months with no luck ...
Keep trying. Many FCFS dealers later changed their minds to just presale.

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
Keep trying. Many FCFS dealers later changed their minds to just presale.
I really hope so. I been bugging them almost everyday lol... so they know i am 100% serious in buying it.

I may just start looking at other car choices if it stays this frustrating to obtain one..

PwrOfDreams

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Other
Country flag
I'm sorry fellas. I just got very frustrated and bit the bullet. I just signed the sales contract and bought my type R at 8k ADM today.

PwrOfDreams

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Other
Country flag
El Monte Honda. The ADM was higher but they had to work some numbers around to get me approved for financing reasons.

Type-JZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 Lexus GS350, B13 Sentra SE-R, '93 Camry, '07 TSX, '13 Odyssey
Country flag
congrats on the purchase. very frustrating for sure!! At this point, i'm not even sure if i'll ever be able to get a R. :dunno:

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
I probably wont be able to at this point :rofl: (unless i fork out the 10k adm)

might just buy the new SI... and call it a day lol

PwrOfDreams

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Other
Country flag
I probably wont be able to at this point :rofl: (unless i fork out the 10k adm)

might just buy the new SI... and call it a day lol
It's 10k ADM and getting higher and higher. The dealers must be getting like a ton of phone calls and walk-ins inquiring about the car. The more time passes the worser it gets.

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
yeah. impossible to find for like 5k ADM lol. I've already like 80% given up on the car cause it just isn't looking realistic and frustrates me having my hopes up on the chance to obtain one with all the experiences i've had with these dealers i've contacted.

raibola

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Hatchback EX 2017
Country flag
RSM Honda. They only got one in, but they will be getting more in later this year and next year
Damn so you're the lucky one who got it huh? I was there the other day and I'm happy that they gave it MSRP. I was due for a service appointment and was fishing the service guy about the type R. Congrats!
Sponsored