CALIFORNIA TYPE-Rs Arrival Date

socalkid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13' Accord Sport MT (me) | 17' RAV 4 XLE (wifey)
San Luis Obispo just got theirs today, $14k ADM
Sponsored

yargk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R, '16 GT4, '19 GSW 4motion 6mt
Country flag
Two pieces of data:

One, FYI Walnut Creek has a red one, over the phone they say 5k ADM.

Two, I sat in the Oakland Type R, the seats are comfy and they are asking 15k ADM, I think. I'm waiting for MSRP (or 1k under) so I know I won't have one for several months, but I can't wait to daily this thing and take the hilly roads home from work!

vader2k

Darkside rider & Senior member
First Name
Alonzo-Ignacio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic Type R. #433 (EPB). 07 Civic LX (TW)
Country flag
Anyone in NorCal take delivery of their R yet??
So far, I've only heard of one buyer (from San Jose?) whom bought his Type R from Winter Honda, Pittsburg, CA. Also, Oakland received there first CTR yesterday. I am sure today that a lot more NorCal dealerships will received them.

NorcalCTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R #3855, 2007 Honda Civic Si, 2001 Honda Civic EX (Sold)
Country flag
I think this echoes what has happened to me. I've been kind of shocked by the arrogance of some of the dealers. I'm fine with them charging ADM, but when I tell them I'm going to wait for MSRP, they sort of go off on me a bit like I'm an idiot or something. I'm around a lot of cars that sell for ADMs and honestly the Type R is the cheapest I've seen so I'm not unfamiliar with how things work.

I also know how car buying and selling works so it just gets offensive when they try to spin you BS and I write that dealer off the list for future business. Those that are polite and upfront but don't try to bullshit me are fine. At least they're being honest. I'm just not the right customer right now. I totally get that. I've had more than one dealer that was just plain rude about it. What kind of customer service is that? I don't think these guys are used to dealing with cars that are in high demand or something. It is rather amazing to experience honestly.
Yeah, I think I talked to the same guy also. He told me the exact same thing too.

Anyone know if there's a Type R in the showroom to check out in the Bay Area? I would love to check out this car in person.

derbo904

Keeper of Blinky lights
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK7 | 11 E90M3
Country flag
So far, I've only heard of one buyer (from San Jose?) whom bought his Type R from Winter Honda, Pittsburg, CA. Also, Oakland received there first CTR yesterday. I am sure today that a lot more NorCal dealerships will received them.

Honda Serramonte sold theirs to some guy for 51k. I believe its 1029?

Honda Civic 10th gen CALIFORNIA TYPE-Rs Arrival Date yOh78Vm

jdmorangefever

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93 eg, 17 type r, 16 crv
Country flag
Livermore called me today said they are selling theirs for 55k.. crazy.. they say it will arrive within next 2 days

qt_pSidon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru WRX
Folsom Lake Honda - Pre-selected (5k mark up + protection plan), first one is sold already and second one is taken unless credit etc doesn't work out (September release maybe).

Autonation Honda in Roseville: 5k-10k mark up and its sold, so much for first come first serve.

Shingle Spring Honda: Red Type R Owner does not know if he will sell, but will be doing a bid system. Someone already offered 15k

yargk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R, '16 GT4, '19 GSW 4motion 6mt
Country flag
Crazy prices in the middle of summer during the first week of CA availability is not surprising. I think by the end of summer prices will be slightly more realistic and I have a feeling FWD performance cars will be even cheaper when it starts raining :)

Badash221

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Honda Odyssey Honda Civic type R
$45k OTD? That's easy day. It's the end of the month, just walk in to one of these dealers that has had one for a couple of days with people backing out. They'll still get money out of it for that price. The dealers I have contacted all say $15k but then end it with, come in and let's see what we can do.
It came in today!!!

Honda Civic 10th gen CALIFORNIA TYPE-Rs Arrival Date IMG_0476.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen CALIFORNIA TYPE-Rs Arrival Date IMG_0478.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen CALIFORNIA TYPE-Rs Arrival Date IMG_0480.JPG

RosevilleSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Championship White Civic Type R
Country flag
Folsom Lake Honda - Pre-selected (5k mark up + protection plan), first one is sold already and second one is taken unless credit etc doesn't work out (September release maybe).

Autonation Honda in Roseville: 5k-10k mark up and its sold, so much for first come first serve.

Shingle Spring Honda: Red Type R Owner does not know if he will sell, but will be doing a bid system. Someone already offered 15k

I’m happy to finally disclose that I was the one at Folsom Lake Honda who got their CTR. I’m a multiple time purchaser there and I was able to select all the plans I wanted or didn’t. Zero pressure. I cross checked all the east coast deals in PM and all of the pricing I got was very aggressive and in cases less than some paid for their “I know a guy” deals.
Additionally, yes, I paid the ADM. Getting a CW was important to me. They took care of me on my trade too, which further cut into the ADM. Again, cross checked and shopped it, and their offer was aggressive to the point of private party.

To the point, Folsom Lake Honda was a stellar experience as I sat here reading the horror stories of 10K, 20k ADM or awful accessory bundles. Especially when dealerships which shall not be named strung me along and said I was first, or even took a deposit and sold to me at MSRP, only to call, refund the deposit, and flat out refuse to sell.

Pictures to come.

qt_pSidon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru WRX
I’m happy to finally disclose that I was the one at Folsom Lake Honda who got their CTR. I’m a multiple time purchaser there and I was able to select all the plans I wanted or didn’t. Zero pressure. I cross checked all the east coast deals in PM and all of the pricing I got was very aggressive and in cases less than some paid for their “I know a guy” deals.
Additionally, yes, I paid the ADM. Getting a CW was important to me. They took care of me on my trade too, which further cut into the ADM. Again, cross checked and shopped it, and their offer was aggressive to the point of private party.

To the point, Folsom Lake Honda was a stellar experience as I sat here reading the horror stories of 10K, 20k ADM or awful accessory bundles. Especially when dealerships which shall not be named strung me along and said I was first, or even took a deposit and sold to me at MSRP, only to call, refund the deposit, and flat out refuse to sell.

Pictures to come.
Congrats!! When I spoke with the person over the phone, they mention someone was already getting paper work done. I was actually hoping to go check it out, wanted to see the CW in person. I did get to see the red at Shingle Springs and it is a lot better in person. My main goal is to find a dealer that will allow us to sit in one, since I have read that someone on the bigger size did not fit well.

RosevilleSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Championship White Civic Type R
Country flag
Congrats!! When I spoke with the person over the phone, they mention someone was already getting paper work done. I was actually hoping to go check it out, wanted to see the CW in person. I did get to see the red at Shingle Springs and it is a lot better in person. My main goal is to find a dealer that will allow us to sit in one, since I have read that someone on the bigger size did not fit well.
I’m a big guy; it’s snug. IMO the Focus RS Recaros are FAR worse for bigger builds. If your bulk is in the shoulders you’re going to be fine. It’s very much like the EVO I used to drive.

qt_pSidon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru WRX
I’m a big guy; it’s snug. IMO the Focus RS Recaros are FAR worse for bigger builds. If your bulk is in the shoulders you’re going to be fine. It’s very much like the EVO I used to drive.
Good to hear, might have to sit in a Focus RS Recaros.

Chee_hu

First Name
Sherwin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
#611 Rallye Red CTR | 1998 Civic EX | 2007 Honda Fit Sport
Country flag

Pictures to come.
Congrats, buddy! No wonder they haven't been answering my calls and emails in the last few weeks. I work literally down the road from them
Sponsored