Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'13 PMM Civic EX, '19 CBP Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This is a result of uninformed Lawmakers introducing legislation that has no meaningful change.
My opinion is based off limited knowledge about the whole thing other than the video you linked. I'll have to read the bill but I wouldn't be surprised if the bill is useless as this is CA we are talking about. Anyways, most of the time if you know someone who does state inspections you can get your car passed for an extra $20 which is what virtually every modded car guy does.

ĀÆ\_(惄)_/ĀÆ

OP
OP
mforcino

mforcino

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport CVT
This is a result of uninformed Lawmakers introducing legislation that has no meaningful change.
My opinion is based off limited knowledge about the whole thing other than the video you linked. I'll have to read the bill but I wouldn't be surprised if the bill is useless as this is CA we are talking about. Anyways, most of the time if you know someone who does state inspections you can get your car passed for an extra $20 which is what virtually every modded car guy does.

ĀÆ\_(惄)_/ĀÆ
Whatā€™s crazy is that Ktuner and hondata have both seen better fuel economy and emissions than stock.

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
About time, really. Doesn't seem like a concern, though, because we re-flash to stock for smog tuning anyway.

"What we do know for sure is this: if youā€™re running an ECU or a tuning device that doesn't have a CARB EO, youā€™re gonna want to bring it back into compliance before your next emissions test.

"'So far in the two weeks that have transpired, we have seen zero instances of concern,' Treydte told R&T. 'I really donā€™t think that this is problematic.'"

https://www.roadandtrack.com/car-cu...californias-new-ecu-law-means-for-tuned-cars/

OP
OP
mforcino

mforcino

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Better gas milage, possibly. Better emissions.. I doubt that.
I thought they did but guess not. This video claims that tuners can actually improve emissions by adjusting for the right timing.

svffr

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Whatā€™s crazy is that Ktuner and hondata have both seen better fuel economy and emissions than stock.
I'm sure the sample demographic which was reviewed during the drafting of this legislation was murdered out Mustangs and Dodges and the 4cyl community was just collateral which is unfortunate since my 1.5T gets better emissions than my 1.8 eco civic. lol

OP
OP
mforcino

mforcino

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm sure the sample demographic which was reviewed during the drafting of this legislation was murdered out Mustangs and Dodges and the 4cyl community was just collateral which is unfortunate since my 1.5T gets better emissions than my 1.8 eco civic. lol
Imagine if California saw some of the cars here in Florida ?

svffr

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Imagine if California saw some of the cars here in Florida ?
If the state of CA had its way we would all be driving electric cars.

Could you imagine an all electric Mustang!? Oh wait...

xXoVrKiLLXx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R ABM
To add to this - If you read the epa stuff out there see below link their example images were trucks rolling coal...
https://blog.ucsusa.org/dave-cooke/...on-dollar-industry-is-trying-to-ruin-our-air/

Check this out to.
https://www.sema.org/epa-news

Last edited:

svffr

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
To add to this - If you read the epa stuff out there see below link their example images were trucks rolling coal...
https://blog.ucsusa.org/dave-cooke/...on-dollar-industry-is-trying-to-ruin-our-air/

Check this out to.
https://www.sema.org/epa-news
Not a fan of the Author comparing a Dodge rolling coal and some guy tracking his Vette. Some of these people are over zealous. I'm all for keeping the air clean but go after the real problem. Don't punish the people that aren't causing real harm.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.