Bosco72

First Name
Albert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic coupe sport
Country flag
First I would never opened my hood ,secound I would of told him to worry about the problems they have living on the streets not my exhaust.
Sponsored

john21031

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Honda Fit Sport 5MT
Country flag

brienp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
THE COMMIE STATE OF CA forcing you to have a quiet car is one way to look at it.

Of course another way to look at it is, now the rest of us don't have to listen to your lawnmower engine unmuffeled in the early mornings when you start it up for work, ya know, cause other people exist besides you.

Nickthewaffler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic FK7, 2016 Panamera, 2000 AP1 S2000
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You took it upon yourself to remove emissions equipment from the car and driving around poisoning people? Your uncatalized exhausts contribute to horrible pollution that LA has and to the incidence of cancers, especially in children.

I applaud the police office for cracking down on such irresponsible and illegal actions that you admitted to having committed.
Shame on you.
https://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-los-angeles-air-ozone-pollution-20190424-story.html
:lol::rofl:

James3spearchucker

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
This is another reason why I'm on the fence about doing a custom exhaust. I just put the 17'+ SI rear diffuser on my 16' coupe, and trying to figure a way to do a custom center exhaust that retains a muffler and quiet like stock, or less than the 95db limit.

I was thinking of how to utilize the stock muffler, but with different routing. But that seems to be a difficult option to do, when I inquired at a exhaust shop. So I've found two mufflers from Flowmaster and Magnaflow, that fit the criteria of possibly being under the 95db, but just don't know if I want to do it yet. For the mean time, my stock exhaust remains untouched.
I posted images of my stainless exhaust using Supersprint parts. My engine's breathing really improved from the stock Hatchback Sport exhaust. The SI exhaust flows better than my original stock one did. I still have my stock cat. I recommend the increase to 2 1/2 inch diameter and using good mufflers that you can cannibalize off of a Milltek or Supersprint exhaust. Like this one: https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Supers...548602&hash=item2cd7f63b8f:g:jCwAAOSw9GhbTt6E

You will meet sound limits anywhere unless you go catless and then all bets are off.

Boostez

Samurai
First Name
Marlin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R; 03' Mitsubishi EVO; 2018 Polaris Slingshot SL-R
Country flag
I'm sorry to hear about the strict smog laws causing you some severe pain financially as well as stopping you from enjoying your car like you'd want to. I lived in CA for 6yrs and was so happy to leave that state. It is a disaster waiting to happen. I was ref'd once before for tint on my windows and removed it. Got the legal tint and never looked back. I still have my 03' EVO and if I ever had to move back there, I would probably just store my car here in TX and leave without it. I'll be damn if I take $20k in mods and put them back to stock.

Good luck in CA. I would personally try to move to another state (I did in 2007). CA has the nice weather and all, but everything else about the state is piss-poor and not worth moving back.

raf702

First Name
Ralf
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Hatch Sport SGP
Country flag
I posted images of my stainless exhaust using Supersprint parts. My engine's breathing really improved from the stock Hatchback Sport exhaust. The SI exhaust flows better than my original stock one did. I still have my stock cat. I recommend the increase to 2 1/2 inch diameter and using good mufflers that you can cannibalize off of a Milltek or Supersprint exhaust. Like this one: https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Supers...548602&hash=item2cd7f63b8f:g:jCwAAOSw9GhbTt6E

You will meet sound limits anywhere unless you go catless and then all bets are off.
I appreciate the info! I recently got a quote from another muffler shop. And they'll be able to utilize the stock muffler, so I plan to get this done hopefully soon.

Cornercarver

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda civic Type R, 2002 Lexus SC430
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That sucks.
Have not heard of too many issues with that in AZ.
Fact: The average stock motorcycle is ten times louder than the loudest car exhausts.
So leave cars alone!

CA is where a lot of car culture got its start, so really sad to see this happen.

No_One

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX
Country flag
I appreciate the info! I recently got a quote from another muffler shop. And they'll be able to utilize the stock muffler, so I plan to get this done hopefully soon.
Ralph, You are not living in El Paso. You live in California.
You need to understand what a California Air Resources Board Executive Order Number (EO #) is and when you can use it (or really need to use it).
When you replace parts, you need to record the EO# and print the associated PDF from the CARB database and keep it in the car with your records.
The advertisement linked in the El Paso Forum Members link says nothing of the part being 50 state legal or having a CARB EO#.

iDerek2

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You took it upon yourself to remove emissions equipment from the car and driving around poisoning people? Your uncatalized exhausts contribute to horrible pollution that LA has and to the incidence of cancers, especially in children.

I applaud the police office for cracking down on such irresponsible and illegal actions that you admitted to having committed.
Shame on you.
https://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-los-angeles-air-ozone-pollution-20190424-story.html
LMFAO

raf702

First Name
Ralf
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Hatch Sport SGP
Country flag
Ralph, You are not living in El Paso. You live in California.
You need to understand what a California Air Resources Board Executive Order Number (EO #) is and when you can use it (or really need to use it).
When you replace parts, you need to record the EO# and print the associated PDF from the CARB database and keep it in the car with your records.
The advertisement linked in the El Paso Forum Members link says nothing of the part being 50 state legal or having a CARB EO#.
I assume you mean replacing an oem emissions part with an aftermarket? If so, it would make sense to obtain a CARB EO# if there is one for a specific part. In my case, I won't be replacing the stock muffler after all.

And I don't really know of any CARB legal mufflers in CA. Also I just briefly glanced at the CA exhaust laws, and it doesn't indicate needing a CARB EO# certification for modified/aftermarket exhaust systems.

Last edited:

FLOPPER

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic LX 6MT
Country flag
I assume you mean replacing an oem emissions part with an aftermarket? If so, it would make sense to obtain a CARB EO# if there is one for a specific part. In my case, I won't be replacing the stock muffler after all.

And I don't really know of any CARB legal mufflers in CA. Also I just briefly glanced at the CA exhaust laws, and it doesn't indicate needing a CARB EO# certification for modified/aftermarket exhaust systems.
You're correct, you don't need an EO# for anything after the cat.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.