California lemon law

OneJMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Acura RSX, 2017 Honda Civic hatchback
Hi guys, I was just wondering if anyone had any information on my car being a lemon if it has been in an accident. It's been in the shop for about 4 months now, and the shop is waiting for parts from Honda. But they keep saying they don't have it and that it is on national back order. The car is a 2017 Honda Civic ex hatchback and has rear damage. The main piece I believe that they need is the quarter panel. Is there any sort of action that I can take?

Honda Civic 10th gen California lemon law IMG_0506.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen California lemon law IMG_0512.JPG

lilfeat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silver 2017 hatchback sport touring
Country flag
Lemon law would certainly not apply. I would contact Honda and ask about part shortage. Sounds like maybe your body shop is possibly incompetent. Hopefully the at fault party is picking up your rental car fees.

Emig5m

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI Coupe / 2004 Ford Lightning
Country flag
Believe it or not, the Camaro crowd I believe is experiencing the same problem - new car, new OEM parts not available because it's in between a part/number update/revision and they really aren't available (parts catalog actually says discontinued and this is for a 2016/17 model).

OP
OP

OneJMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Acura RSX, 2017 Honda Civic hatchback
Lemon law would certainly not apply. I would contact Honda and ask about part shortage. Sounds like maybe your body shop is possibly incompetent. Hopefully the at fault party is picking up your rental car fees.
I am actually in contact with Honda and they do confirm of the part not being available. And they have no given eta