Habanero

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 LX. 2012 G25
Country flag
On the forum subject, It's not happening on Elon's timeline but I think self-driving tech by that time will be a reality. The performance or sound of the car will be irrelevant because they will all just be like our own personal buses, get in relax a bit and then you are there. The vast majority of deadly crashes involve speeding, drinking etc and this tech will eliminate a lot of that and to me its welcome. ICE cars and race tracks will still exist.

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
We’ll see if it holds. I’m pretty sure it’s just from an executive order... and there’s 15 years and at least a couple of governors that can just cancel it. It might actually be a campaign promise to sway voters in their favor. Telling consumers they can’t buy a product for their own good when their neighbors can is likely not going to endear people to them. I think... :dunno:

DRUSA

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R 2000 Honda S2000
Country flag
>President tries again to repeal the California Air Resources Board, CARB was formed to allow CA the ability to write it's own emissions regulations separate from the other 49 states, shit can CARB and revert back to a Federal Mandated system controlled by EPA, one standard for all 50 states. All vehicles sold in the US today are already 50 state legal, this just keeps CA from going rouge with their b.s every few years, forcing car manufacturers to bend to the will of a bunch people who couldn't find the oil dipstick.

Every vehicle, EVERY VEHICLE, car, truck, motorcycle, off road has to be electric, not hybrid, full electric? Give me a fucking break lol. All in 14yrs, good luck. We already have rolling blackouts on our current power grid due to reduced carbon energy sources and ban on nuclear, now all vehicles will be electric too? LMAO :rofl: Gonna be awesome when you are trying to go to work/school/store/hospital only to have the power go out and now your car is dead in the garage.

Last edited:

AdamSI

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si coupe
Country flag
so does this mean we can't drive gas cars after 2035 or just buy them?

Ismael Lafluer

Project Harukonokaze R-00691
First Name
Ismael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R, 2016 Honda Accord sport, 2007 Honda Pilot
Country flag
Europe Is going the same route, Also Honda and GM are going into partnership (not merger, I believe that already did) to ramp up electric vehicles production to meet the demands for the future. Most hate it, but fossil fuel is a finite resource. We should not wait until we run out to start investing in new tech.

DRUSA

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R 2000 Honda S2000
Country flag
so does this mean we can't drive gas cars after 2035 or just buy them?
Per current proposal: every new vehicle sold in CA after 2035 must be full electric, says nothing about used car sales or anything regarding out of state purchases brought in to CA. People will just import new vehicles from out of state if the loophole exists.

KYRGYZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Civic LX, 18 Model X 100D
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I live in CA and I'm completely fine with that. Myself Civic owner, as well as Tesla, Leaf and i3 owner I am happy. I just hope prices won't be ridiculous and hopefully we are going to have different types of vehicles (minivan one of them)

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag
Im telling you they put something in that weed in Cali.....

Cost of living is a negative
You have record homeless numbers
Wildfires nuff said
Your Democratic Government puts some insane laws down on you Cali peeps

Did i mention your cost of living is ridiculous
Your Gas Prices are too high

You do have some decent beaches though....Like i said good to visit but would i wanna live there. Nah
I knew that was coming when I read your first post where you implied everyone in CA is on drugs. It's really easy to spot you guys.

OP
OP
Melvinspeed

Melvinspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR; 2015 Ford Flex
Country flag
I thought we'd be talking more about the mandate and its possible impact on car culture? Not crapping on CA despite how easy it is.

For the record, I'm a native Orange-county guy. But haven't lived in the state in some time. So it wasn't my intent to start a hate thread.
Sponsored