CAI/SRI and KTuner

kestrel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring SGP
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm completely new to modding and I read that you need to flash your ECU to properly run an aftermarket CAI or SRI. How does one do that with KTuner?
Sponsored

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
I'm completely new to modding and I read that you need to flash your ECU to properly run an aftermarket CAI or SRI. How does one do that with KTuner?
If you get a CAI like PRLs you won't need any tuning, but of course our tunes will elevate your drivability and power. If you get something like the Injen we've unfortunately seen them vary from unit to unit, so we recommend custom tuning in that scenario.

OP
OP
kestrel

kestrel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring SGP
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If you get a CAI like PRLs you won't need any tuning, but of course our tunes will elevate your drivability and power. If you get something like the Injen we've unfortunately seen them vary from unit to unit, so we recommend custom tuning in that scenario.
What parameters would I have to modify to avoid issues when installing a short ram from Injen?

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
What parameters would I have to modify to avoid issues when installing a short ram from Injen?
The MAF curve would need to be tuned.

tcozier1

First Name
Tristan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatch LX
Country flag
I'm looking at the Injen Tuned Short Ram Intake. In order to tune the MAF curve, what do I need to do in K Tuner?
Hey I just got an Injen SRI installed, and I have. KTuner running, did you ever find a tune or a solution?

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
The MAF curve is available under Main Parameters. There is information out there regarding tuning mass airflow applications. If it's your first time tuning you may want to let a professional handle it, as this does take some skill!

tcozier1

First Name
Tristan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatch LX
Country flag
The MAF curve is available under Main Parameters. There is information out there regarding tuning mass airflow applications. If it's your first time tuning you may want to let a professional handle it, as this does take some skill!
I’ll do some research before I touch anything, but if it is out of my league I’ll find someone in the Atlanta Area. One quick question too, is there a platform to share tunes that people have done?