First Name
DJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just reached 18k (1 year of ownership) and decided its time to change the cabin air filter. I was waiting for the MM to notify me to change both the air filter and cabin air filter but I guess it wasn't going to until my next oil change which was at least 3000 miles away.

Replacement Filter: 80292-TBA-A11 (This is for a 2019 Civic Sport Touring, check for your own model)

1. Empty glove box and empty contents
  2. Look in the glove box at the upper-rear left and right corners. You should see a cut-out where you can squeeze inward. Squeeze in-ward with even pressure and pull the glove box down.
    • The glove box rests on these two rubber bump-stops.
    • Pushing in-ward lets the rubber bump-stops pass and allows the glove box to drop down.
  3. Carefully lower the glove box to the floor. The glove box just sits on the hinges so you should be able to separate the glove box from it and rest it on the ground or move it away.
  4. Look into the space behind the glove box and you should see the filter access cover. The cover has clips on each side that you can press in to release the cover.
  5. Squeeze the clips and remove the cover. Note the orientation of the air flow symbol. It should be pointing downward.
  6. Slide the old filter out. Careful as there could be large pieces of debris sitting on top of it.
  7. Clean out large debris with a shop vac in the assembly.
  8. Slide in the new filter with the air flow arrow pointing down. There are grooves in the assembly for the filter to easily slide into.
  9. Snap back the cover.
  10. Align the glove box with the hinges.
  11. Raise it back up and squeeze the clips inward while pushing the glove box back up to secure it in place.
Honda Civic 10th gen Cabin Air Filter DIY IMG_8361
Honda Civic 10th gen Cabin Air Filter DIY IMG_8357
Honda Civic 10th gen Cabin Air Filter DIY IMG_8359
Honda Civic 10th gen Cabin Air Filter DIY IMG_8357

Honda Civic 10th gen Cabin Air Filter DIY IMG_8356

Honda Civic 10th gen Cabin Air Filter DIY IMG_8350

Honda Civic 10th gen Cabin Air Filter DIY IMG_8349

Intersting to see that the original filter (from the factory, top) is a different part number than the one I got off College Hills Honda. Also how dirty it is.
Honda Civic 10th gen Cabin Air Filter DIY IMG_8344
Honda Civic 10th gen Cabin Air Filter DIY IMG_8345

conbrio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback 6MT SGP sport touring
Country flag
Good for you for doing this yourself! Dealerships charge so much just to get this done!

JohnnyL

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Coupe EX
Country flag
Just reached 18k (1 year of ownership) and decided its time to change the cabin air filter. I was waiting for the MM to notify me to change both the air filter and cabin air filter but I guess it wasn't going to until my next oil change which was at least 3000 miles away.

Replacement Filter: 80292-TBA-A11 (This is for a 2019 Civic Sport Touring, check for your own model)

1. Empty glove box and empty contents
  2. Look in the glove box at the upper-rear left and right corners. You should see a cut-out where you can squeeze inward. Squeeze in-ward with even pressure and pull the glove box down.
    • The glove box rests on these two rubber bump-stops.
    • Pushing in-ward lets the rubber bump-stops pass and allows the glove box to drop down.
  3. Carefully lower the glove box to the floor. The glove box just sits on the hinges so you should be able to separate the glove box from it and rest it on the ground or move it away.
  4. Look into the space behind the glove box and you should see the filter access cover. The cover has clips on each side that you can press in to release the cover.
  5. Squeeze the clips and remove the cover. Note the orientation of the air flow symbol. It should be pointing downward.
  6. Slide the old filter out. Careful as there could be large pieces of debris sitting on top of it.
  7. Clean out large debris with a shop vac in the assembly.
  8. Slide in the new filter with the air flow arrow pointing down. There are grooves in the assembly for the filter to easily slide into.
  9. Snap back the cover.
  10. Align the glove box with the hinges.
  11. Raise it back up and squeeze the clips inward while pushing the glove box back up to secure it in place.
IMG_8361.jpeg
IMG_8357.jpeg
IMG_8359.jpeg
IMG_8357.jpeg

IMG_8356.jpeg

IMG_8350.jpeg

IMG_8349.jpeg

Intersting to see that the original filter (from the factory, top) is a different part number than the one I got off College Hills Honda. Also how dirty it is.
IMG_8344.jpeg
IMG_8345.jpeg
Wow, very dirty. I'm at 15k now I feel I need to go look and replace.

OP
OP
dj2819

dj2819

First Name
DJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Wow, very dirty. I'm at 15k now I feel I need to go look and replace.
Yeah I know right! I was going to wait for the MM to tell me something but it didn't look like it was going to trigger until about 25k miles.

arsh88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
I realize this is old AF but more ppl need to realize they can do this themselves. I let the stealership do the oilchanges and tell me when the filters are bad then go home and swap everything in 10 min. its like $22 for filters unless you're an OEM nut.

OP
OP
dj2819

dj2819

First Name
DJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I realize this is old AF but more ppl need to realize they can do this themselves. I let the stealership do the oilchanges and tell me when the filters are bad then go home and swap everything in 10 min. its like $22 for filters unless you're an OEM nut.
I only paid $17 for my OEM filter from college hills Honda. So even if you want to go OEM parts look online.
Only letting Honda do big services. Still debating to do my own oil changes after I learned they don’t even use OEM fluids for anything except like transmissions…

arsh88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
I only paid $17 for my OEM filter from college hills Honda. So even if you want to go OEM parts look online.
Only letting Honda do big services. Still debating to do my own oil changes after I learned they don’t even use OEM fluids for anything except like transmissions…
I'll have to check that out. never looked for basic parts from them only at the cosmetic upgrades lol. I still have free oil changes from when i got the car but my stealership is at least decent with posting the oil change prices for all nearby shops along with theres so customers can just choose up front if they want somewhere else.
Sponsored