Lust

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Champ White Type R
Country flag
I haven’t run into any issues running the track version on the street even in 95F ambient temps. The car cools down much more rapidly compared to stock. ECT 2 temps haven’t gone past 185 for me.

Email Cory at [email protected] and drop my name, Michael Wiellett
Sponsored

the8rotor

Banned
Banned
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Type R
Country flag
I haven’t run into any issues running the track version on the street even in 95F ambient temps. The car cools down much more rapidly compared to stock. ECT 2 temps haven’t gone past 185 for me.

Email Cory at [email protected] and drop my name, Michael Wiellett
Great to hear and thank you for the email address

Random

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R - Blue
Country flag
Apologies in advance for the newb question.

Would it be worth it to upgrade the stock radiator to PWR's street version for someone who doesn't really track their car but daily it? Not that I'm overheating on the street or anything. But, i noticed that when it gets hot, the car does generate a lot more heat than usual and gets a bit sluggish.

OP
OP
BlinkerBeat

BlinkerBeat

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 CTR, F80 M3, '16 Colorado Diesel, '65 Lincoln Continental
Country flag
It sounds like you're heat soaking and the ECU is pulling power due to high IATs. If you're not tracking I would say get an intercooler, intake and/or inlet pipe. Those will help keep IATs down.

Lust

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Champ White Type R
Country flag
Apologies in advance for the newb question.

Would it be worth it to upgrade the stock radiator to PWR's street version for someone who doesn't really track their car but daily it? Not that I'm overheating on the street or anything. But, i noticed that when it gets hot, the car does generate a lot more heat than usual and gets a bit sluggish.
Your ECTs won’t get high enough on the streets unless you’re doing some moderate canyon driving. In this case I would recommend getting an intercooler. Highly recommend the C&R intercooler.

Random

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R - Blue
Country flag
Thank you BlinkerBeat and Lust!

Spoke with Cory and in for a street rad and intercooler. I got the rad as well in case i plan to take the car to the track. So would rather have that all done upfront before it happens.

OP
OP
BlinkerBeat

BlinkerBeat

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Thank you BlinkerBeat and Lust!

Spoke with Cory and in for a street rad and intercooler. I got the rad as well in case i plan to take the car to the track. So would rather have that all done upfront before it happens.
Heads up. You'll need to get a new set of intercooler to piping gaskets/o-ring. Mine expanded (probably due to oil in the system) and would not fit any more.

Honda Civic 10th gen C&R Radiator Installed 1594836588180

Lust

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Champ White Type R
Country flag
Heads up. You'll need to get a new set of intercooler to piping gaskets/o-ring. Mine expanded (probably due to oil in the system) and would not fit any more.

1594836588180.png
Hopefully that’s not the case for me. My intercooler should be here in a few weeks.

OP
OP
BlinkerBeat

BlinkerBeat

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Hopefully that’s not the case for me. My intercooler should be here in a few weeks.
Nice! It's a great piece. When I ordered mine on June 1st Cory said they had 2 sets of PWR end tanks in stock. I wonder if your's will say PWR or C&R.

My car only has 4,500 miles and this is what the OE gasket looked like in the C&R intercooler
Honda Civic 10th gen C&R Radiator Installed 1594837306633

Lust

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Champ White Type R
Country flag
Nice! It's a great piece. When I ordered mine on June 1st Cory said they had 2 sets of PWR end tanks in stock. I wonder if your's will say PWR or C&R.

My car only has 4,500 miles and this is what the OE gasket looked like in the C&R intercooler
1594837306633.png
Oh dang. That stretched quite a bit. Do you have more pics of the intercooler?

Random

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R - Blue
Country flag
Dang. So I'll probably need to order 2 of these ahead of time in case I need it. I think my intercooler is shipping out end of the month. So I have some time. Thanks for the heads up!

1594836588180.png

d15b7

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R, 1995 Civic EG K24/20 EFR7163 Fortune Auto track weapon
Country flag
hey guys try putting those o rings in the freezer for an hour and see if they shrink back enough to fit back in the grooves and seal up

the8rotor

Banned
Banned
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Type R
Country flag

1594837306633.png
I'd love to see some pictures of the c&r intercooler as well. Are you upgrading the charge pipes too?

OP
OP
BlinkerBeat

BlinkerBeat

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I'd love to see some pictures of the c&r intercooler as well. Are you upgrading the charge pipes too?
Hoping for this weekend!

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 M2, 2022 Audi RS3, ex2019, now 2021Type R!
Country flag
Radiator swap a pretty easy deal to be done in a garage, or better with a lift due to the fluids?
Sponsored