C&R Radiator Installed

Random

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R - Blue
Country flag
Mine did not and the OEM was way to big. I called Cory at C&R and they sent me a drain plug. He said they were fixing that issue....

I think it is M12x1.5
Thanks for the info and context. Yea, mine did not as well. Texted Cory and he'll be sending one out tmr morning. Now have to reschedule the install. Did not figure it out until we were already about to put the radiator in.

Yea it came with it
Ahh, i wonder if it just affected the street rads since BlinkerBeat and I had the same issue.
Sponsored

OP
OP
BlinkerBeat

BlinkerBeat

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 CTR, F80 M3, '16 Colorado Diesel, '65 Lincoln Continental
Country flag
@Random @optiondrifter also a heads up that Cory said they would fix...the bosses that the AC condenser bolt to were to short on my street radiator. I had to cut down the 4 bolts.

OP
OP
BlinkerBeat

BlinkerBeat

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Nope. I got the first one they made. I expected an issue. Not great they didn't fix the drain plug issue...

optiondrifter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
hotwheels tomica
Country flag
Probably a bad idea to put washers or a thick standoff to close that gap huh? If you cut the bolts short, are there alignment issues with the condenser or radiator? Is anything leaning? Thanks again for bringing this to our attention.

Random

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R - Blue
Country flag
Thanks for the heads up on the issues. I think I might be in the same boat since my street radiator was 1 of the earlier ones shipped out in mid-July. Can't exactly confirm since my mechanic didn't get to those bolts you're showing yet. Guess I'll let my mechanic know the bolts might have to be trimmed as well.

OP
OP
BlinkerBeat

BlinkerBeat

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
A standoff or washers would work as good or better. I was crunched for time and the Dremel too and vise were on my work bench ?

Random

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R - Blue
Country flag
Newb question here. Is there anything that could go wrong if I don't trim the bolt and leave that gap?

Also, any idea on the sizing if I were to pick up standoffs?

OP
OP
BlinkerBeat

BlinkerBeat

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Newb question here. Is there anything that could go wrong if I don't trim the bolt and leave that gap?

Also, any idea on the sizing if I were to pick up standoffs?
It would probably rattle around and eventually shear the bolts from vibration. I didn't measure them but they are pretty small. You could pick up a pack of small washers if you don't want to cut the bolts.

Random

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R - Blue
Country flag
Got it. I'll let my mechanic decide which is the best route available. Thanks again for all the info!

flixman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R - Black
Country flag
can you guys take a picture comparing the PRL intercooler vs the PWR intercooler? Ive read that the fin technology is better on the PWR? Anything else that would make the PWR a better choice?
Sponsored